Mists of Tirna Scithe Quick Dungeon Guide: Video, Boss Strategies, and Trash
Welcome to our quick guide to the Mists of Tirna Scithe dungeon in the Shadowlands World of Warcraft expansion. This guide aims at giving you proper direction to complete the dungeon (boss strategies and trash mobs) without being unnecessarily long. We also have encounter journal pages, for those who want a complete breakdown of the abilities.
Ready Check Pull Video
To see how difficult Mists of Tirna Scithe is to complete on Mythic+ this week, we recommend checking out our Mythic+ dungeon difficulty rankings, linked below.
Quick Guide to the Bosses in Mists of Tirna Scithe
Please consult our Mists of Tirna Scithe encounter journal pages for more information regarding what the bosses do exactly in each difficulty.
- Prioritize killing Droman Oulfarran over Ingra Maloch until Maloch gets to very low health, in order to avoid him casting Embrace Darkness.
- Dodge the frontal cast from Oulfarran ( Bewildering Pollen).
- Continually interrupt Maloch's Spirit Bolt cast to reduce party damage.
- On Mythic, Maloch occasionally casts a party-wide fear that is unavoidable ( Repulsive Visage).
- Dodge the frontal cast ( Dodge Ball).
- The tank has to interrupt Patty Cake.
- Everyone must avoid the blue fox add that spawns regularly, and slow/stun it from range ( Freeze Tag).
- Kill the clone with the symbol that is different from the symbols of the other clones ( Guessing Game).
- On Mythic, Mistcaller stays active during the clone phase, but does not take any damage until it is over.
- Dodge the green and blue swirlies.
- Outrange your partner to break the purple beam ( Mind Link).
- The tank needs to pick up the adds while everyone focuses them down, and the fixated player should run away from them ( Mark the Prey).
- Only interrupt the Consumption channel if the party is low on health.
- On Mythic, interrupt the boss's Parasitic Pacification/ Parasitic Incapacitation/ Parasitic Domination casts, or kill the infester add on the player if the cast goes off.
Before the First Boss (Ingra Maloch)
- Tirnenn Villager
- Drust Soulcleaver
- Dispel the tank ( Soul Split).
- Drust Harvester
- Interrupt the channel ( Harvest Essence).
Between the First Boss (Ingra Maloch) and the Second Boss (Mistcaller)
Use the following instructions to navigate the mist maze.
- Stand beside each misty stone and remember the symbol it shows (there are 4 stones in each area).
- Figure out which symbol is different than the others.
- Attempt to walk through the mist covering the different stone’s pathway (getting it wrong just puts everyone back at the beginning).
As for the problematic trash, please refer to the list below.
- Mistveil Defender
- Dodge the frontal channel ( Spear Flurry).
- Mistveil Tender
- Interrupt the cast ( Nourish the Forest).
- Mistveil Shaper
- Interrupt the cast or purge the shield afterwards ( Bramblethorn Coat).
Between the Second Boss (Mistcaller) and the Third Boss (Tred'ova)
- Spinemaw Staghorn
- Interrupt the cast ( Stimulate Resistance).
- Spinemaw Gorger
- Dodge the green swirly ( Acid Globule).
- 26 Nov. 2020: Added Mythic mechanics and updated the guide for the release of Shadowlands.
- 30 May 2020: Guide added.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!