Windwalker Monk PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Windwalker Monk (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you will primarily be playing with a healer. Your goal is to relentlessly attack the enemy healer until they have no cooldowns left. Every time you use Storm, Earth, and Fire, you will want to Leg Sweep the enemy healer. The goal of this is to always have consistent damage that the enemy healer will have to heal. It is important to note that Rising Sun Kick applies a debuff ( Mortal Wounds on the target that reduces the healing the enemy gets healed for.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 arena. You will likely be playing Whirling Dragon Punch and focusing on single target damage. When your team has damage, you will want to use Paralysis on the enemy healer and then Leg Sweep your kill target. There is always potential for a kill on a target if they do not have trinket and you can use Leg Sweep/ Touch of Death with your burst rotation.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Walking Dead (Windwalker Monk + Unholy Death Knight + Holy Paladin)
- Windwalker Monk + Havoc Demon Hunter + Restoration Druid/Holy Paladin
- Windwalker Monk + Destruction Warlock + Holy Paladin
- Windwalker Monk + Fire Mage + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872