Windwalker Monk PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Windwalker Monk (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you will primarily be playing with a healer. Your goal is to relentlessly attack the enemy healer until they have no cooldowns left. Every time you use Storm, Earth, and Fire, you will want to Leg Sweep the enemy healer. The goal of this is to always have consistent damage that the enemy healer will have to heal. It is important to note that Rising Sun Kick applies a debuff ( Mortal Wounds on the target that reduces the healing the enemy gets healed for.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 arena. You will likely be playing Whirling Dragon Punch and focusing on single target damage. When your team has damage, you will want to use Paralysis on the enemy healer and then Leg Sweep your kill target. There is always potential for a kill on a target if they do not have trinket and you can use Leg Sweep/ Touch of Death with your burst rotation.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Walking Dead (Windwalker Monk + Unholy DK + Holy Paladin)
- Windwalker Monk + Havoc Demon Hunter + Restoration Druid/Holy Paladin
- Windwalker Monk + Destruction Warlock + Holy Paladin
- Windwalker Monk + Fire Mage + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best 2v2 team compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st