Windwalker Monk DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Windwalker Monk in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.
Gearing a Windwalker Monk
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Windwalker Monk, this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Windwalker Monk
At this stage in the game, and despite the stat priority, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose gear, trinkets, and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
Gearing up in Shadowlands
The first priority when leveling is to select the items with the highest item level. Until you start to compare items with the same item levels, looking at what secondary stats they have is not as important.
When you start to look at what dungeons to do more in order to improve your gear, that is where the Droptimizer tool on Raidbots linked above, becomes very helpful.
Tier Set Bonuses for Windwalker Monks
- Windwalker Monk 2-Piece (Fists of Primordium) — Increases Fists of Fury damage by 40%.
- Windwalker Monk 4-Piece (Primordial Potential) — After 10 offensive abilities, your next 3 offensive abilities deal an additional 22% damage.
Theses set bonuses are reasonably strong and worth getting. Due to the strength of Invoker's Delight and the fact that it can be used in the Helm slot means that Windwalker Monks will, ideally, use the other four slots and leave the Helm slot for Invoker's Delight.
"Best in Slot" Set List for Windwalker Monks from Shadowlands Dungeons
Keep in mind that item level will often be more relevant than secondary stats and that your stats priority depends on your current gear. If we give a general stat priority and gear list, it is always susceptible to change if an item is socketed or the rest of your gear has an emphasis on a specific stat. For that reason, we recommend using Simulations for your own character.
"Best in Slot" Set List for Windwalker Monks from Sepulcher of the First Ones
Keep in mind that item level will often be more relevant than secondary stats and that your stat priority depends on your current gear. If we give a general stat priority and gear list, it is always susceptible to change if an item is socketed or the rest of your gear has an emphasis on a specific stat. For that reason, we recommend using Simulations for your own character.
|Wrists||Devourer's Sandblown Hidebinders||Skolex, the Insatiable Ravener|
|Back||Drape of Mournful Melodies||Dausegne, the Fallen Oracle|
|Belt||Runecarver's Twisted Ward||The Jailer|
|Feet||Treads of Titanic Curiosity||Rygelon|
|Ring #1||Taciturn Keeper's Lapis||Halondrus the Reclaimer|
|Ring #2||Rygelon's Heraldric Ring||Rygelon|
|1H Weapons||Domination's Deliverance||The Jailer|
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Windwalker are listed against each other below. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline, and that you should be simming your own character if you care about optimizing it.
Best-in-Slot Trinkets from Shadowlands Dungeons
Valor and Upgradeable Items
Returning once again in Patch 9.0.5, the Valor currency can be obtained in a limited amount each week from a variety of activities. With every passing week of a Season, the total amount of obtainable Valor will increase as well and allow you to catch up if you are short of the maximum.
After earning enough of it, Valor can be used to upgrade any item obtained from a Mythic dungeon of any difficulty. These upgrades carry through all the way to item level 246, though you must also have achieved Shadowlands Keystone Master: Season Two in order to bring an item that high. As the choice of items to seek out and upgrade can be a highly Valor-expensive decision, the following items are recommended as a guideline. Remember, only dungeon items can be upgraded.
- Poxstorm, Longsword of Pestilence's effect increases with its item level along with the rest of its stats. This means an item level 220 version in your Off-hand slot could prove useful if you have not yet obtained two weapons from Mythic Castle Nathria.
- Phial of Putrefaction is a strong option for the first trinket to upgrade even though Windwalkers do not attack very fast. It is very useful in situations where you can keep 3 stacks on a target and switch to another target to apply more.
- Bloodspiller is Windwalker's most well-optimized one handed weapon from dungeons. Although a weapon with higher Versatility and lower Critical Strike would be better, that only exists in PvP gear.
- 19 Feb. 2022: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2, updated for Tier and Sepulcher
- 01 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5, no changes needed at this time, will update with Timewalking if necessary.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Page reviewed for 9.0.5; Added section on Valor Upgrades.
- 10 Feb. 2021: Added BiS list for Nathria.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page reviewed and updated for Shadowlands Expansion Release; added rough "BiS" list for dungeons.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes