Windwalker Monk PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Windwalker Monk and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
Talents for Windwalker Monks
While the above calculator provides a generally accurate overview of the viability of talents, some finer points are discussed in the sections that follow, and we recommend you read those for a deeper understanding.
Windwalker Talents Summary
Monk Tree Talent Highlights
- Fast Feet. This talent simply increases the damage of your Rising Sun Kick and Spinning Crane Kick.
- Increased survivability with talents that buffs Expel Harm. Strength of Spirit, Profound Rebuttal, and Vigorous Expulsion all increase the healing of Expel Harm and helps increase your survivability.
Windwalker Monk Tree Talent Highlights
- Strike of the Windlord. This ability is crucial for increasing Windwalker Monk burst and sustained damage output. This talent is also buffed from Thunderfist.
- Skyreach. Skyreach is another talent that helps with increasing both burst and sustained damage output. This makes it so each minute your Tiger Palm will increase your critical strike chance on your target by 50%.
- Fist of Fury is an important spell for Windwalker Monks and most damage that is dealt will come from it. The talents Open Palm Strikes, Transfer the Power, Fury of Xuen, and Flashing Fists all increase the damage of Fist of Fury and make it a powerful cooldown.
PvP Talents for Windwalker Monks
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. Each of them has their uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful, but can be replaced with other PvP talents depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Versus teams with melee on it, Turbo Fists is a mandatory PvP talent. This not only increases the damage of your Fists of Fury, but it slows enemies hit by it and you Parry all attacks while it is channeling. This makes it so you can use Fists of Fury aggressively for damage, but also use it defensively to prevent some incoming damage and slow an entire team.
Alpha Tiger gives you 30% Haste when you use Tiger Palm on a new player. This effect can only happen once every 30 seconds, but allows you to swap to new targets when you get the buff. This, in combination with other burst cooldowns, will give you a significant increase to your damage output.
Situational PvP Talents
Reverse Harm makes Expel Harm deal more damage and generate Chi. This is crucial for increasing your survivability and making your rotation feel much smoother. Reverse Harm will be used to help build up Chi if you have previously used Tiger Palm and heal you for a good amount when you are being focused.
Ride the Wind causes Flying Serpent Kick to form a path of wind in its wake, increasing the movement speed of all allies who stand in it by 25% and rendering them immune to slowing effects. This talent is crucial if you think your healer will be the primary target for the enemy team. This will help your entire team kite away from burst damage.
Grapple Weapon disarms your enemy. This is a great choice versus teams with melee on it. This should also be taken versus Death Knights. The reason for this is that they will not be able to heal while they are disarmed.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- Updated Talent Tree.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 01 Feb. 2023: Updated Recommended Talents.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated Best Talents.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 21 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Tiers 3 and 6 Regular Talents.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated PvP Talent Choices.
- 26 Oct. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch