Windwalker Monk DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Windwalker Monk. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Windwalker Monk
The stat priority for Windwalker Monks depends on the encounter type and your character's gear.
- Weapon Damage;
- Critical Strike;
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Windwalker Monk Stats
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Haste provides you with increased attack speed and Energy regeneration, and reduces the cooldown of your Fists of Fury and Rising Sun Kick. It also makes Rushing Jade Wind deal damage more often without increasing its energy cost.
Mastery ( Mastery: Combo Strikes) causes your abilities to deal increased damage (the amount depends on your amount of Mastery) when they are not used two or more times in a row. For example, using Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm gives both of them the damage bonus, but if you use Tiger Palm twice in a row, the second Tiger Palm will no longer benefit from the increase.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for 8.1.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Added a mention of Weapon Damage, as well as precising the effect of Critical rating.
- 16 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle of Azeroth pre-patch.
- Forbes Interview with Lead Designer Morgan Day
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Azerite Armor Updates & Changes
- Call of the Scarab Micro-Holiday (January 21 - 23)
- WoW Esports in 2019
- PvP Season 1: Arena and RBG Title Cutoffs
- Tides of Vengeance Part II: Survival Guide
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Class Changes
- BfA PvP Season 2 Preview [Official]
- Holy Paladin 8.1
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide
- Stat caps?
- Guardian Druid 8.1
- Enhancement Shaman PvP 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Any Demon Hunter Discords out there?
- Feral Druid 8.1