Windwalker Monk DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Windwalker Monk. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Basics of Stats for Windwalker Monk
The stat priority for Windwalker Monks depends on the encounter type and your character's gear.
- Weapon Damage;
- Critical Strike;
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Windwalker Monk Stats
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Haste provides you with increased attack speed and Energy regeneration, and reduces the cooldown of your Fists of Fury and Rising Sun Kick. It also makes Rushing Jade Wind deal damage more often without increasing its energy cost.
Mastery ( Mastery: Combo Strikes) causes your abilities to deal increased damage (the amount depends on your amount of Mastery) when they are not used two or more times in a row. For example, using Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm gives both of them the damage bonus, but if you use Tiger Palm twice in a row, the second Tiger Palm will no longer benefit from the increase.
- 15 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for 8.1.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Added a mention of Weapon Damage, as well as precising the effect of Critical rating.
- 16 Jul. 2018: Updated for the Battle of Azeroth pre-patch.
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: May 24th
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug List" Update: May 24th
- Warsong Gulch & Honor System Testing on Classic Beta
- Blizzard's Looking for Essences Feedback
- How to Play World of Warcraft With a Controller
- N'zoth Whispers on Live Servers
- Conflict and Strife Essence Power Clarification
- Second Classic Stress Test Coming on May 29th
- Best Classic WoW Rotation and Class Guides for 1.12?
- ideal movement as mm
- Hunter Rotation Notes Questions
- Looking for quirky off spec DPS possibilities.
- Azshara potholes are out of control
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1.5
- Destruction Warlock 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions