Windwalker Monk DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Windwalker Monk. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.0.5.
The Basics of Stats for Windwalker Monk
The stat priority for Windwalker Monks depends on the encounter type and your character's gear.
- Weapon Damage;
- Critical Strike;
Getting a Better Understanding of Windwalker Monk Stats
Agility is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
Mastery ( Mastery: Combo Strikes) causes your abilities to deal increased damage (the amount depends on your amount of Mastery) when they are not used two or more times in a row. For example, using Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm gives both of them the damage bonus, but if you use Tiger Palm twice in a row, the second Tiger Palm will no longer benefit from the increase.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for 9.0.5.
- 24 Nov. 2020: Page reviewed and updated for Shadowlands Expansion Release; No changes needed.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Covenant Flying Mounts (All Variants) and Pepes Preview Video
- Burning Crusade Beta Notes: April 15th
- 9.1 Chains of Domination Intro Questline: Battle of Ardenweald Video
- Sanctum of Domination 9.1 Raid Sneak Peek Video Previews
- Mammoth Walk Animation Updated in Patch 9.1
- Mage Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- Dreadlords Are Returning in Patch 9.1
- Druid Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38312
- Havoc Demon Hunter Shadowlands
- Balance Druid Balancing Guide is . . . sloppy?
- Death Knight Legendary Powers
- Restoration Shaman Shadowlands
- Fire Mage PvP 9.0.5
- Mythic+ Tank Tier List
- Frost Mage Shadowlands
- I made TellMeWhen rotations for all classes based on the guides here. Great for leveling