Windwalker Monk PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Windwalker Monk in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Windwalker Monks in PvP
The stat priority for Windwalker Monk in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to increasing your damage and reducing the amount of damage you take. You should also try to focus on getting Mastery. This increases the damage you deal when you do not repeat the previous ability ( Mastery: Combo Strikes).
In general, Windwalker Monks want to get trinkets that line up well with Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases your overall damage. It is also handy for increasing your healing when you need to use Vivify to stay alive. Here is the best gear we recommend you use as a Windwalker Monk.
- Head: Infurious Spirit's Hood
- Neck: Crimson Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Mantle of the Waking Fist
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Chestwrap of the Waking Fist
- Wrists: Drakebreaker's Bindings
- Hands: Palms of the Waking Fist
- Waist: Drakebreaker's Sash
- Legs: Legguards of the Waking Fist
- Feet: Infurious Footwraps of Indemnity
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Trinket 1: Crimson Gladiator's Medallion
- Trinket 2: Crimson Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity
- Weapon 1: Crimson Gladiator's Splitter
- Weapon 2: Crimson Gladiator's Splitter
Note: It is important to wear 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and stat boost that will increase your survivability and damage output.
As noted above, acquiring both your 2-set and 4-set bonus is crucial. For Windwalker Monks, this is your tier set:
- Windwalker Monk 2pc — Fists of Fury increases the damage of your next 2 Rising Sun Kicks or Spinning Crane Kicks.
- Windwalker Monk 4pc — Fists of Fury instead enhances your next 3 Rising Sun Kicks or Spinning Crane Kicks. These spells will increase the damage of your next Fists of Fury.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Windwalker Monk:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Watcher's Loam
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Writ of Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Frozen Writ
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Earthen Writ
Zen Malygite is the best gem you can use.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Trinkets to Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Updated Best Enchants.
- Updated Best Gems.
- 21 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 01 Aug. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier Sets section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear suggestions.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1