Windwalker Monk PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Windwalker Monk in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Windwalker Monks in PvP
The stat priority for Windwalker Monk in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due increasing your damage and reducing the amount of damage you take. You should also try to focus on getting Mastery. This increases the damage you deal when you do not repeat the previous ability ( Mastery: Combo Strikes).
In general, Windwalker Monks want to get trinkets that line up well with Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your overall damage. It is also handy for increasing your healing when you need to use Vivify to stay alive. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Windwalker Monk.
- Head: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Helm
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Spaulders
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Vest — This is a good slot to make a Versatility/Mastery legendary.
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Wristwraps
- Hands: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Strap
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Legwraps
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Cosmic Gladiator's Ring
- Weapon 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Slicer
- Weapon 2: Cosmic Gladiator's Gladius
Tier Set Bonuses for Windwalker Monks
Tier set pieces are obtained in PvP from the Great Vault and can eventually be created from other items in the same slot using the Creation Catalyst. Overall, both the Windwalker Monk 2-Piece and Windwalker Monk 4-Piece bonuses significantly increase your damage output and you should try to obtain them as soon as possible. Here are the best pieces to get for the set:
- Shoulders: Tassets of the Grand Upwelling;
- Chest: Cuirass of the Grand Upwelling;
- Gloves: Grips of the Grand Upwelling;
- Legs: Legguards of the Grand Upwelling.
For an in-depth analysis of the set bonuses visit here:
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Stamina and stat boost that will increase your survivability and damage output.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Cosmic Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Cosmic Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Windwalker Monk:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 27 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier Sets section.
- Removed Shards of Domination section.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear suggestions.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes