Windwalker Monk PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Windwalker Monk in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Windwalker Monk PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Windwalker Monks in PvP
The stat priority for Windwalker Monk in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due increasing your damage and reducing the amount of damage you take. You should also try to focus on getting Mastery. This increases the damage you deal when you do not repeat the previous ability ( Mastery: Combo Strikes).
In general, Windwalker Monks want to get trinkets that line up well with Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your overall damage. It is also handy for increasing your healing when you need to use Vivify to stay alive. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Windwalker Monk.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Helm
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Malodorous Gristle-Sown Spaulders
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Vest - This is a good slot to make a Versatility/Mastery legendary for.
- Wrists: Radiant Light Binders
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Gloves
- Waist: Shadowhirl Waistwrap
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Legwraps
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Leather Treads
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Hyperlight Band
- Two-Hand Weapon:Archon's Guiding Glaive
- Dual Wield: 2x Labrys of the Loyal Larion
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Windwalker Monk:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sinful Revelation
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872