Affliction Warlock PvP Best Races and Racials (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Affliction Warlock PvP
- Void Elf
Human is the best Alliance race for Affliction Warlocks in PvP. The main reason for that is Will to Survive which is a 3-minute cooldown racial which breaks you out of stun effects. This enables Human players to avoid taking the Sinful Gladiator's Medallion and essentially gain an extra trinket slot. Additionally, Humans have The Human Spirit which increases your secondary stat gain from all sources by 2%.
Void Elves are the second best Alliance race for Affliction Warlocks in PvP. The main reason for this is because of their racial, Spatial Rift, which allows you to throw out a shadow which you can then teleport to for the next few seconds. This adds to the great mobility Affliction Warlocks already have. Teams that focus you become much easier to deal with by having this extra mobility spell.
Best Horde Races for Affliction Warlock PvP
Orcs are the best Horde race for Affliction Warlocks in PvP by a mile. The reason for this is Hardiness which is a passive racial that reduces stun durations by 20%. This is extremely helpful, as Affliction Warlocks are typically the target. Reducing the time you sit in stuns means that you are able to resume kiting and avoiding damage sooner compared to other races. Additionally, Blood Fury increases your Intellect for 15 seconds which is a nice boost to your damage. This lines up with Dark Soul: Misery as both are 2-minute cooldowns.
Trolls are the second best choice for Horde Affliction Warlocks in PvP. The main reason for this is Berserking which increases your Haste by 10% for 12 seconds. Used in conjunction with Dark Soul: Misery, you can deal an extremely high amount of damage. Additionally, Da Voodoo Shuffle reduces the duration of snares by 20%. Due to the playstyle of an Affliction Warlock revolving around kiting it synergises well with how Affliction Warlocks perform in the Arena.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 01 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st