Affliction Warlock PvP Useful Macros (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Macros are crucial to be successful in PvP. They allow players to use abilities on enemies without having to target them. This helps increase overall damage/healing and general awareness in the arena. Here are a few macros that all Affliction Warlocks can benefit from.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Fear 123 Macro
- #showtooltip Fear
- /cast [target=arena1] Fear
Using this macro will cast Fear on arena enemy 1. This makes it easier to crowd control an enemy while staying focused on your target. If you want macros for the second and third enemies, simply change the arena1 to arena2 or arena3.
Spell Lock 123 Macro
- #showtooltip Spell Lock
- /cast [target=arena1] Spell Lock
Using this macro will cast Spell Lock on arena enemy 1. This makes it easier to interrupt an enemy while staying focused on your target. If you want macros for the second and third enemies, simply change the arena1 to arena2 or arena3.
Fear Focus Macro
- #showtooltip Fear
- /cast [target=focus] Fear
If you find that you do not have much room on your action bars, you can use a focus macro. This is much simpler to use than the arena123 macro. Put an enemy on focus and this macro will cast Fear on that player while you are still focused on your target.
Spell Lock Focus Macro
- /cast [target=focus] Spell Lock
Shadowfury Cursor Macro
- #showtooltip Shadowfury
- /cast [@cursor] Shadowfury
This makes it so you can use Shadowfury at your cursor, without the green AoE circle popping up. This saves you the time wasted from clicking and can be crucial to landing a Shadowfury faster than normal.
Grimoire of Sacrifice Macro
- #showtooltip Grimoire of Sacrifice
- /cast Devour Magic
- /cast Grimoire of Sacrifice
This makes it so that when you press Grimoire of Sacrifice, it will use your Devour Magic ability from your pet before it is sacrificed. This helps save you from wasting your Devour Magic before it is sacrificed.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 07 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour