Affliction Warlock DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Affliction Warlock in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Warlock gear and best in slot.
How To Effectively Compare Upgrades as an Affliction Warlock
Due to the simplicity of determining upgrades with a simulation in the current era of the game, we recommend using the popular Raidbots tool to determine which pieces of gear offer the most potential for your character. The main reason why this is a huge advantage is due to the huge number of variables that differ from character to character, such as Azerite Traits, Stat Quotients, and Scale Factors.
The Top Gear function can be especially useful, as it allows you to compare multiple items and item types to find the best combination of upgrades.
Learning to use the tools available will allow you to reach the most accurate conclusions with the least effort. It is highly recommended you avail yourself of these tools, and they will serve you well when evaluating items.
Adding Sockets to your Gear
Patch 8.3 added the Gouged Eye of N'Zoth as a reward from Corrupted Mementos. In order to maximize the upgrade value, the best approach is to socket a corrupted item of the highest item level available, with possibly the best corrupted roll, to ensure the greatest longevity. For more information, you can read our guide on Horrific Visions.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Corruptions and Corrupted Items
For more information about the best Corruptions and corrupted items you can get, please refer to our dedicated page.
Best in Slot Items for Affliction Warlock
Ny'alotha Best in Slot
Here we have provided a list of the best available items from Ny'alotha, which may be advantageous for players who have little interest in Mythic+ dungeons or PvP.
When considering the usage of Seals of Wartorn Fate, it is often best to roll bosses that can provide Azerite Armor.
Dungeon Best in Slot
This list illustrates some of the best available dungeon items for the Affliction Warlock specialization.
Bear in mind that this list is a template rather than an end point. We recommend simming using the Top Gear function to find the best setup for your character, which can depend on factors such as Talents, Azerite Traits, and Stat Distribution.
Many of these items can actually out-perform their "Raid Best in Slot" counterparts, particularly at extremely high item levels or if you are lucky enough to receive a Titanforged version of one of them.
Please refer to the Trinket Simulation section below for details on Trinkets.
|Helm||Grasping Crown of the Deep||Viq'Goth (Siege of Boralus)|
|Shoulders||Amice of the Returned||Gorak Tul (Waycrest Manor)|
|Cloak||Drape of the Loyal Vassal||Vol'kaal (Atal'Dazar)|
|Chest||Robes of the Reborn Serpent||Avatar of Sethraliss (Temple of Sethraliss)|
|Wrists||Iron-Kelp Wristwraps||Viq'Goth (Siege of Boralus)|
|Gloves||Captain's Dustfinders||Viq'Goth (Siege of Boralus)|
|Belt||Ouroborial Sash||Merektha (Temple of Sethraliss)|
|Legs||Bloodstained Sous Chef Pants||Raal the Gluttonous (Waycrest Manor)|
|Boots||Deranged Alchemist's Slippers||Rixxa Fluxflame (The MOTHERLODE!!)|
|Ring #1||Logic Loop of Division||Mechagon Mythic+ chest, Mechagon Junkyard.|
|Ring #2||Overclocking Bit Band||Mechagon Mythic+ chest, Mechagon Workshop.|
|Weapon||Staff of the Lightning Serpent||Adderis and Aspix (Temple of Sethraliss)|
Azerite Gear for Affliction Warlocks
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
Trinkets for Affliction Warlock
Assuming normal item level drops and no Corruption effect on trinkets, the best combination in Patch 8.3 is going to be Psyche Shredder and Manifesto of Madness. It is worth mentioning that Manifesto of Madness has positional requirements similar to Incandescent Sliver, so it may not be as effective in practice as it is on paper, depending on the situation.
Due to the removal of Titanforging and the addition of corrupted effects on trinkets, lower item level trinkets are generally obsolete and Corruption rolls on gear are best simmed individually, assuming the Corruption amount is affordable with a given loadout, the only notable exception is Azshara's Font of Power which remains a competitive option even against Mythic level Ny'alotha trinkets.
Trinket Simulations for Affliction Warlock
- 09 Apr. 2020: Moved Corruption to a dedicated page.
- 21 Jan. 2020: Updated BiS lists to reflect Corruption effects.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 10 Jul. 2019: Added The Eternal Palace Best in Slot list and updated trinket recommendations.
- 03 Jul. 2019: Added Benthic Gear section and updated trinket recommendations.
- 25 Jun. 2019: Updated for Patch 8.2.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Updated for Battle of Dazar'alor release.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 30 Oct. 2018: Updated Weapon and trinket options.
- 16 Oct. 2018: Split the Best in Slot list into "Raid" and "Dungeon" options.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Made small tweaks to the page.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 26 Jul. 2018: Updated the legendary ranking.
- Hunter Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Shaman Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warlock Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Mage Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Death Knight Shadowlands Beta Class Changes for September 23rd
- Warrior Class Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd
- Demon Hunter Covenant Ability Tuning: September 23rd
- Significant Monk Changes on the Shadowlands Beta for September 23rd