Affliction Warlock PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.0.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Affliction Warlock (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you should look to play with a healer. Affliction Warlocks have a significant ramp up time before dealing damage and do not have either good single target damage or crowd control. As such, double DPS comps are not favored for an Affliction Warlock. Your primary goal is to DoT both enemies while avoiding damage. Kiting and positioning far away are key to winning 2v2 games. Most healers synergise well with an Affliction Warlock in 2v2, but Mistweaver Monks are typically not a good fit as Paralysis takes off your DoT effects.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Affliction Warlock + Holy Paladin;
- Affliction Warlock + Restoration Shaman;
- Affliction Warlock + Restoration Druid.
- Affliction Warlock + Discipline Priest.
- Affliction Warlock + Holy Priest.
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. Make sure to maintain your DoTs on all enemies while staying at a safe position and kiting when attacked. It is best to be playing with another caster, so you are not the only person being interrupted. Try to use your burst rotation when the enemy team does not have any interrupts. It is important to note that Fear should also be used to help your teammates. If you or a teammate is struggling to stay alive, use Fear on the enemy DPS. Make sure to cast Unstable Afflictions on multiple targets as a priority so the enemy healer cannot dispel your DoTs or your teammates' debuffs.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- MLP (Affliction Warlock + Fire Mage + Restoration Druid/Holy Paladin;
- LSD/LSP (Affliction Warlock + Elemental Shaman + Restoration Druid/Holy Paladin;
- Shadowplay (Affliction Warlock + Shadow Priest + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid).
- 07 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Blizzard Working on Solo Queue for Island Expeditions and BfA LFR Raids
- Patch 9.1 Release Date Speculation
- World Boss for the Week of February 23rd - Valinor
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 200 Gear Piece
- Patch 9.0.5 Build 37623 - Class Changes Summary
- Who Can Get and Ride Covenant Mounts Logic Deciphered
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: February 22nd
- Burning Crusade Timewalking Is Live This Week!