Affliction Warlock PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as an Affliction Warlock and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Affliction Warlocks
Talent Build for Affliction Warlocks in PvP
This is the standard build for Affliction Warlocks in PvP, which can be used as a general setup.
- This build takes several talents which increase the damage dealt by Drain Soul while also taking talents that synergize and buff your Drain Life.
- The Warlock talent tree has plenty of defensive talents, such as Dark Pact, which helps make Warlocks tankier than they have been in the past.
- On the Affliction tree, Tormented Crescendo allows for instant Malefic Rapture casts to have great sustained damage from your DoT effects as well as good single-target damage.
- Additionally, Haunted Soul improves the sustained damage an Affliction Warlock can put out greatly.
PvP Talents for Affliction Warlocks
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents. The two mandatory choices are the most essential, with the third being switched out depending on the matchup.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Soul Rip causes nearby enemies to deal 25% less damage and reduce their healing received by 25%. Enemies can pick up their 'Soul' to remove the effect. However, this talent helps to create some space for the Affliction Warlock.
Jinx causes your curse abilities to cost a Soul Shard, but also applies Corruption and Agony. This talent is mandatory to help lower the amount of globals you need to maintain your DoT effects.
Situational PvP Talents
Oblivion is a new talent in Patch 10.1.5, which deals a massive amount of damage over 3 seconds, depending on how many DoTs you have up. This is a good single-target burst talent that can be taken.
Rampant Afflictions is another mandatory PvP talent. This makes it so Unstable Affliction can be used on up to 3 targets. Because your win condition will be to rot the enemy team with your AoE pressure, this is a must-have talent to play. For 2v2, this can be skipped depending on the matchup.
Impish Instincts reduces the cooldown of your Demonic Circle: Teleport by 3 seconds when you take Physical damage with an internal cooldown of 5 seconds. This in synergy with Abyss Walker makes this PvP talent a very good pick against melee teams who target you.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflgiht Patch 10.1.5.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 08 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2