Affliction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Affliction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is your next best stat, as this increases the damage and healing you do while also reducing the damage you take. Haste is another strong secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on casts, abilities, and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Affliction Warlocks want to get trinkets that line up well with Dark Soul: Misery. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as an Affliction Warlock.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Sacrolash's Dark Strike legendary
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Sinful Gladiator's Torch Staff
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note that if you play a Human, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option, as Will to Survive in combination with the Brooch is very good.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Crit and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before dealing damage against teams that you think will not be focusing you.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you. This will often be your second trinket choice.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Affliction Warlock:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 01 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872