Affliction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Affliction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is your next best stat, as this increases the damage and healing you do while also reducing the damage you take. Haste is another strong secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on casts, abilities, and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Affliction Warlocks want to get gear that gives both Versatility and Haste, with a priority on Versatility. Most PvP pieces from Honor and Conquest will have Versatility and Haste, so these are generally the best items to go for. Currently, the War Mode gear from Bloody Tokens has a set bonus. However, this set bonus does not work in PvP content.
Note that the Season 3 Tier set bonuses are all nerfed by 50% in PvP scenarios. Affliction Warlock's Warlock Affliction 10.2 Class Set 2pc and Warlock Affliction 10.2 Class Set 4pc are both worth using in Season 3. Note that only the gloves have Versatility on them, and the helmet has the worst stats. As such, the best gear list would be as follows.
- Head: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Devout Ashdevil's Hatespikes Tier
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Devout Ashdevil's Razorhide Tier
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Devout Ashdevil's Claws Tier
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation Embellishment Mettle
- Legs: Devout Ashdevil's Tights Tier
- Feet: Vibrant Wildercloth Slippers Embellishment Precognition
- Ring 1: Verdant Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Signet of Titanic Insight
- Weapon: Verdant Gladiator's Staff.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Intellect boost that will increase your damage and Stamina. Additionally, the duration of CC effects on you will be reduced by 15%.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is the best offensive trinket to wear. This gives you an Intellect proc, which will boost your damage.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Affliction Warlock:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Writ of Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Belt: Shadowed Belt Clasp
- Legs: Frozen Spellthread
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion
Gem all of your gear with Energized Malygite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.5.
- 11 Aug. 2021: Added mention of the Shackles trinket and Domination Shards.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 01 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Liquid World 2nd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and Amirdrassil 9/9
- Fyr'alath Legendary Axe Revealed After Mythic Fyrakk Kill
- Echo Claim the Fyrakk Mythic World First and Win the Amirdrassil RWF!
- Liquid Grab Their Own 1% Wipe, 0.09% Better Than Echo's!
- Insane 1% Wipe From Echo on Fyrakk
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 3 Week 2
- Mythic+ Affix Rotation for Dragonflight Season 3
- New Explorer's Cosmetic Weapons Coming in Patch 10.2.5