Affliction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Affliction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is your next best stat, as this increases the damage and healing you do while also reducing the damage you take. Haste is another strong secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on casts, abilities, and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Affliction Warlocks want to get trinkets that line up well with Dark Soul: Misery. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as an Affliction Warlock.
- Head: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Cord or Claw of Endereth
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Silk Treads or Decaying Soul Satchel
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet
- Weapon: Cosmic Gladiator's Vesper.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Intellect boost that will increase your damage and 350 Stamina.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note that if you play a Human, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option, as Will to Survive in combination with the Brooch is very good.
Cosmic Gladiator's Resonator is a damage trinket that acts like a grenade. At the time of writing of this guide, this trinket is very powerful and is more valuable than any of the other newly-introduced trinkets.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Affliction Warlock:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.5.
- 11 Aug. 2021: Added mention of the Shackles trinket and Domination Shards.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 01 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Malaysian Hospital Showing Mists of Pandaria Trailer on Repeat
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 13th
- Warcraft II Inside World of Warcraft (Arcade Tab Fan Concept)
- Shadowlands Season 4 Keystone Master Mount Color Changed on the 9.2.5 PTR
- Social Contract Now Available on the 9.2.5 PTR
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- Blood Elf and Dark Iron Dwarf Weapons No Longer Race Locked on the 9.2.5 PTR