Affliction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Affliction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is your next best stat, as this increases the damage and healing you do while also reducing the damage you take. Haste is another strong secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on casts, abilities, and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Affliction Warlocks want to get trinkets that line up well with Dark Soul: Misery. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stat you want to be increasing is Intellect. The reason you want to increase Intellect is because it drastically increases your overall damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as an Affliction Warlock.
- Head: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Unchained Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Frame of the False Margrave
- Cloak: Unchained Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Robe
- Wrists: Desecrator's Keening Wristwraps
- Hands: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Unchained Gladiator's Silk Cord
- Legs: Sacrolash's Dark Strike Legendary
- Feet: Tormented Shadowcleft Boots
- Ring 1: Unchained Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Stitchflesh's Misplaced Signet 252 version
- Weapon: Unchained Gladiator's Vesper
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Unchained Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note that if you play a Human, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option, as Will to Survive in combination with the Brooch is very good.
Unchained Gladiator's Shackles is a trinket which synergizes very well with Unstable Affliction. This trinket is a channel which deals damage and absorbs healing with every tick. The debuff applied is a magic debuff which can be covered by Unstable Affliction leading to a potent setup. This leads to this trinket being the second mandatory choice for Affliction Warlocks.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Affliction Warlock:
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers - Eternal Intellect
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Fortified Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
For Domination Shards and Sockets, there are only 2 Shards which are worth using as an Affliction Warlock. These are the Shard of Kyr which grants a stacking absorb shield, and the Shard of Dyz which increases your damage dealt by a small margin. These two Domination Shard choices are significantly stronger than the other choices, making them worth wearing in PvP.
If you would like to know more about the remaining Domination Shards' effects, how to obtain them, or how to upgrade their powers into even more potent forms, please see our official guide detailing everything about this new system of Patch 9.1:
- 11 Aug. 2021: Added mention of the Shackles trinket and Domination Shards.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 01 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour