Affliction Warlock PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Affliction Warlock in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Affliction Warlock PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP
The stat priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is your next best stat, as this increases the damage and healing you do while also reducing the damage you take. Haste is another strong secondary stat due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on casts, abilities, and increasing the tick rate of your DoTs.
In general, Affliction Warlocks want to get gear that give both Versatility and Haste, with a priority on Versatility. Most PvP pieces from Honor and Conquest will have Versatility and Haste, so these are generally the best items to go for. Currently, the War Mode gear from Bloody Tokens have a set bonus, however this set bonus does not work in PvP content.
Note that the Dragonflight PvE Tier 2-set bonus is worth going for. This will be available through PvP after a few weeks of the Season starting. The 2-set grants you Cruel Inspiration, which is a 12% haste proc for 6 seconds from your Agony ticks.
- Head: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Elemental Lariat
- Shoulders: Scalesworn Cultist's Effigy
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Scalesworn Cultist's Frock
- Wrists: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Wristwraps
- Hands: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation
- Legs: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Drakebreaker's Boots
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Onyx Annulet
- Weapon: Crimson Gladiator's Staff.
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Intellect boost that will increase your damage and Stamina. Additionally, duration of CC effects on you will be reduced by 15%.
Crimson Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Crimson Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is the best offensive trinket to wear. This gives you an Intellect proc which will boost your damage.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for an Affliction Warlock:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Writ of Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Wrist: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Legs: Frozen Spellthread
- Feet: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Wafting Devotion
Gem all of your gear with Energized Malygite.
Primordial Sockets in Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
Primordial Sockets are a new feature that can be socketed into the Onyx Annulet ring. Before the release of the Patch, it is difficult to determine how effective these gems are in PvP. This page will be updated shortly after the release of Patch 10.0.7 once the gems have been tested in PvP situations.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 16 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 30 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 02 Mar. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands 9.2.
- 17 Nov. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.5.
- 11 Aug. 2021: Added mention of the Shackles trinket and Domination Shards.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands 9.0.5.
- 01 Jan. 2021: Updated for Shadowlands Season 1.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd