Atal'Dazar Dungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Atal'Dazar dungeon in Season 3 of the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot.
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to increase your chance of completing the key. We will cover all 4 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the rest of the dungeons in Mythic+, please see our overviews linked below.
Getting into Atal'Dazar
Atal'Dazar is a max-level dungeon in Zuldazar, Zandalar. The dungeon is available in both Mythic and Mythic+ mode.
Notable Trash Before Priestess Alun'za
- Beware of Dazar'ai Juggernauts as they will cast Merciless Assault on any players outside of melee range. It is best if you have a designated player to "bait" the charge and avoid it by moving swiftly. At last, use Enrage effect dispels on Fanatic's Rage.
- Important mob: Dazar'ai Confessor is the one you want to always focus on to prevent them from casting Mending Word to any nearby enemies. In addition to that, they will also cast Bwonsamdi's Mantle, causing all enemies within the zone to be immune to crowd control and stop it at all costs.
- Dezar'ai Honor Guard will be a non-boss-enemy your tank must pay attention to due to its Fervent Strike.
- Interrupt Dazar'ai Augur's Wildfire. In addition, if there are any Dazar'ai Juggernauts within the pack, they will cast Fiery Enchant, as this is an extremely dangerous cast, make sure to stop it.
- If you happen to engage Dazar'ai Colossus, make sure they are the first ones to die due to its Soulforged Construct passive. I don't recommend anyone ever to engage this mob, but if you do, use defensives on Soulburn cast and make sure to kill him first!
- When fighting Gilded Priestess, enter any nearby Tainted Blood ground pool to make her take damage from Transfusion cast. If you don't have the debuff, she will heal instead.
Priestess Alun'za Boss Guide
Priestess Alun'za is a relatively simple fight in which you will have to play around Transfusion + Tainted Blood once the boss reaches 100 maana. In addition to all of that, your tank must pay attention to Gilded Claws (it can be purged), and your healer must dispel Molten Gold as quickly as they can. At last, you can either choose to crowd-control the incoming Spirit of Gold spawns or kill them; just make sure they don't reach any Tainted Blood circles, else you won't be able to take advantage of Transfusion damaging the boss to its full extend. More information down below:
- Use defensive cooldowns once you soak the Tainted Blood. Ideally, you would like to be pre-assigned or at least pre-move before the Transfusion cast has begun to avoid confusion.
- Use Purge effects for the Gilded Claws buff.
- Use crowd-control effects for Spirit of Gold or alternatively focus it down.
- Dodge the incoming Corrupted Gold spheres.
- Watch out for Gilded Claws buff, if there is no Purge in your group (Mage's Spellsteal also works), consider using your major cooldowns.
- If your group chooses to damage the Spirit of Gold instead of using crowd-control effects, get closer to the add to enable cleaving on both targets.
- Dispel Molten Gold as quickly as you can.
- Be prepared to use your healing cooldowns during Transfusion channel.
Notable Trash Before Rezan
First, beware of the Tiki Blaze leading to Rezan as the higher the key, the higher the likelihood of them being lethal.
Regardless of which path you choose, you will have to play around Ancient Switch, making sure you use the leverage to open the gates and continue forward. The path will be otherwise locked.
- Toxic Saurids will occasionally cast Leaping Thrash leaping on a random member of your party and damaging them. This is a good place to prematurely use defensive cooldowns, especially if you are in low health.
- Interrupt Feasting Skyscreamer's Terrifying Screech to prevent your party from being feared.
- Interrupt Dinomancer Kish'o's Dino Might (if you miss the interrupt you can always Purge it). In addition to that, they will continuously cast Quickshot on your tank and Deadly Aim on a random player from your party. This mob is the priority target to kill.
- In addition to Dinomancer Kish'o, you will fight alongside Monzumi and T'lonja. Monzumi will cast Wild Thrash dealing high physical damage to everyone within 8 yards (out-range the cast / get out of melee), while T'lonja will target a random player with Frenzied Charge (make sure nobody gets in the path of the charge to avoid multiple people from getting damaged and stunned).
Rezan Boss Guide
When engaging Rezan, there is one thing you have to keep in mind: do not step on any nearby Pile of Bones to avoid triggering the Ancient Dry Bones cast, which will then spawn a Reanimated Raptor. Although they only do melee attacks, they will be still tough to handle by your tank. Speaking about your tank, they need to pay close attention to the Serrated Teeth Bleed effect as it hits extremely hard the higher the keys go. To add to the fight, the whole group can either choose to line of sight the Terrifying Visage on one of the pillars or use immunity to prevent them from being Feared (you can also dispel it in case you can't make the line of sight in time). At last, if any member gets Pursuit, do make sure to run away from the boss to prevent him from Devour you. Just be mindful to not let Rezan walk on any nearby Pile of Bones to avoid the Reanimated Raptor spawn!
- Avoid stepping on any Pile of Bones.
- If you get Pursuit, run away from the boss to prevent him from Devour you.
- Line of sight the Terrifying Visage cast.
- Use your major defensive cooldowns during the Serrated Teeth Bleed effect.
- Spot-heal your tank during Serrated Teeth Bleed effect.
- Dispel any fear effects from the Terrifying Visage if your members can't make it to the line of sight pillar.
Notable Trash Before Vol'kaal
- Interrupt Zanchuli Witch-Doctor's Venom Blast and stop It Unstable Hex crowd-control effect. Alternatively, you can Curse dispel the Unstable Hex.
- When you engage Reanimated Honor Guard, make sure to kill the Reanimation Totem first or else it will heal the mob for 5% of their max HP every second. They will also continuously damage the whole party with Rotting Decay, hence why you want to kill it as quickly as you can. At last, the mob will cast Rending Maul Bleed effect on your tank.
- Use disturb effects to stop Shieldbearer of Zul's Bulwark of Juju. Your tank must pay attention to Shield Bash as not only will it deal damage but will also interrupt you.
- Shadowblade Stalker is another non-boss-enemy that will primarily endanger the life of your tank through its Venomfang Strike Poison combined with Venom-Tipped Blade.
Vol'kaal Boss Guide
Vol'kaal is a 2 phase boss encounter, starting with Reanimation Totem (Phase 1) and once defeat the Vol'kaal fight himself (Phase 2). During Phase 1, your goal is to kill all 3 Reanimation Totems simultaneously since they will cast Reanimate once destroyed. In addition to that, DON'T focus on the boss during this phase, since he is getting Bad Voodoo healing out of the Reanimation Totems. Throughout all phases, the boss will use Toxic Leap on a random person, cast its Noxious Stench (which must be interrupted), which will follow up with Disease effect - Lingering Nausea. The longer the Noxious Stench channel goes through, the more stacks of Lingering Nausea you will have, hence why you want to interrupt it quickly. At last, make sure to avoid staying in any ground Toxic Pools and be aware that the boss will damage itself with Rapid Decay until he is dead. More info down below:
- Kill all 3 Reanimation Totems simultaneously to avoid triggering Reanimate.
- Avoid getting hit by Toxic Leap.
- Interrupt Noxious Stench.
- Use defensive cooldowns if you have multiple stacks of the Lingering Nausea Disease effect.
- During Phase 2 move the boss at a moderate rate to allow your melee players to continuously DPS without endangering their lives with any nearby Toxic Pools.
- Use major healing cooldowns if multiple stacks of Lingering Nausea debuff go through. Always be considerate when the cast comes, as it will deal a great amount of damage.
Notable Trash Before Yazma
There are no more unique enemies within this area, but do keep in mind that you must defeat all 3 previous bosses to encounter the last boss of the dungeon Yazma. At the final stretch, you will find a wall of spiders that you must maneuver through in order to get to the boss. The higher the key level you play, the more likely they will become lethal upon contact, so watch out!
Yazma Boss Guide
Yazma is the last boss of the dungeon and likely the hardest, she will have an energy bar you must pay attention to, and once it's full - it will trigger Soulrend spawning 4 Soulspawns. The main goal is to never let them reach the boss , which will then avoid triggering Soulfeast - a stackable mass damage-over-time effect. Here is a good place to use any form of crowd-control effects and nuke them quickly; just be mindful of Soul Link and be sure to be in stable health! In addition, throughout the whole encounter, Yazma will be spawning Echoes of Shadra under every player, hence why it is extremely important to avoid having any contract with them as they will do a follow-damage to you Shadowy Remains (do keep in mind that on the higher-end keys, this will be lethal). At last, always interrupt Wracking Pain, and if you are a tank player, use defensive cooldowns during the Skewer tank-buster! More information down below:
- Interrupt Wracking Pain at all costs.
- Avoid any nearby Shadowy Remains. The best way to play them is to always be close to each other for better management.
- Focus and kill all the Soulspawns. Do your best to always place them close to each other and behind the boss.
- Use defensive cooldowns on the Soulrend cast.
- Beware of the Skewer tank buster ability.
- Be ready to move the boss if there are any nearby Soulspawns to avoid triggering Soulfeast.
- Top-up your party members every time before the Soulrend cast.
- Use your major healing cooldowns if Soulfeast is triggered
Atal'Dazar Loot Table
|Wand||Wand of Zealous Purification||Haste/Crit|
|Mail Wrist||Wristlinks of Alchemical Transfusion||Mastery/Crit|
|Leather Waist||Belt of Gleaming Determination||Haste/Vers|
|Plate Boots||Embellished Ritual Sabatons||Crit/Mastery|
|1H Mace||Adulation Enforcer||Haste/Vers|
|Back||Drape of the Loyal Vassal||Haste/Mastery|
|Cloth Wrist||Wraps of Everliving Fealty||Haste/Crit|
|Plate Hands||Grips of the Everlasting Guardian||Mastery/Haste|
|Leather Legs||Shambling Berserker's Leggings||Crit/Mastery|
|Trinket||Revitalizing Voodoo Totem||Int|
|Fist Weapon||Soulrending Claw||Haste/Mastery|
|Bow||Hallowed Ossein Longbow||Mastery/Crit|
|Shield||Disc of Indomitable Will||Mastery/Haste|
|Leather Wrist||Venerated Raptorhide Bindings||Vers/Crit|
|Mail Legs||Kilt of Fanatical Consumption||Vers/Crit|
|Cloth Boots||Devilsaur Worshiper's Sandals||Mastery/Crit|
|Ring||Seal of the Regal Loa||Vers/Haste|
|Trinket||Rezan's Gleaming Eye||Str|
|Mail Head||Coif of the Court Spider||Mastery/Crit|
|Cloth Head||Secret Spinner's Miter||Crit/Vers|
|Plate Head||Soulspun Casque||Mastery/Vers|
|Cloth Chest||Loa Betrayer's Vestments||Crit/Vers|
|Leather Chest||Spymaster's Wrap||Mastery/Vers|
|Plate Wrist||Shadowshroud Vambraces||Crit/Vers|
|Mail Boots||Souldrifting Sabatons||Crit/Haste|
|Trinket||Vessel of Skittering Shadows||Int|
There are 7 total achievements to obtain in Atal'Dazar:
|Atal'Dazar||Defeat Yazma in Atal'Dazar.|
|Heroic: Atal'Dazar||Defeat Yazma in Atal'Dazar on Heroic difficulty or higher.|
|Mythic: Atal'Dazar||Defeat Yazma in Atal'Dazar on Mythic difficulty.|
|Keystone Hero: Atal'Dazar||Complete Atal'Dazar at Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit.|
|It's Lit||Defeat Yazma while all four Shadowflame Scones are lit in Atal'Dazar on Mythic difficulty.|
|Bringing Hexy Back||Defeat all four bosses with at least one party member under the effects of Unstable Hex in Atal'Dazar on Mythic difficulty.|
- 06 Nov. 2023: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)