Brawler's Guild: Fjoll (Special Challengers) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
Fjoll is a Special Challenger of the Brawler's Guild. The fight against may initially seem confusing because of the number of void zones on the ground, which you must avoid, and because of Fjoll's main attack, which seems very damaging. In reality, the fight is very simple but requires you to execute it almost perfectly.
This encounter is not currently part of the Battle for Azeroth season of the Brawler's Guild.
Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Fjoll goes.
Abilities and Strategy
Fjoll spends most of his time casting spells. As a consequence of this, he will be mostly stationary. Sometimes, he will pull players out of his range to his location and attempt to melee them, but this is of little concern. The spells Fjoll casts are the following.
- Dark Barrage is Fjoll's main nuke. It is channeled for 3 seconds and will damage you 6 times (so every 0.5 second), dealing approximately, 3,500 damage each time.
- Darkzone is sometimes cast by Fjoll. This creates a very large void zone on the ground, at your location. If you are still standing in the void zone after a few seconds, your damage and movement speed will be reduced by 25% for 15 seconds.
- Shadowy Blast is cast a few times during the fight. It deals approximately 65,000 damage to you and knocks you back.
In addition to all this, very damaging shadow void zones will randomly appear and disappear.
As said in the introduction, the fight is very confusing at first, but is actually easy. This feeling is amplified by the size of Fjoll and his apparent strength.
- Your first priority is to avoid the shadow void zones and move out of them, if they happen to appear at your location.
- Your second priority is to move out of the Darkzone when it appears. This is very important if you are not over-gearing the fight and are dying to the enrage timer.
- Your third priority is to mitigate the damage caused by Dark Barrage.
Other than that, make sure to be prompt to move, if Shadowy Blast knocks you back into a damaging shadow void zone.
If you are a caster, make sure to move away from Fjoll when he pulls you to him.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Fjoll appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Fjoll is now a Special Challenger (he was the second Rank 5 opponent, previously).
- New Stay Awhile and Listen Dialogue Between Baine Bloodhoof and Mayla Highmountain in Dragonflight
- A Preview of Vicious Mounts in Dragonflight Season 1
- Patch 9.2.7 and Wrath Classic Hotfixes: September 29th
- Battle for Undercity Quest Fix
- Dragonflight Group Loot and BoE Clarifications
- Embodiment of the Storm-Eater Preview in Dragonflight
- New Map Model in Dragonflight
- The Winds of Wisdom XP Buff Returns on October 4
- Dungeons and Raids Hub
- Equipping Double Legendaries in Patch 9.2
- Ret Paladin Restart after a couple years
- Fury Warrior Shadowlands
- Coming back to WoW