Brawler's Guild: Smash Hoofstomp (Rank 1) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Smash Hoofstomp is your third Brawler's Guild Rank 1 opponent. The fight against him is very easy. He will often stop moving and attacking for 10 seconds, which will allow many classes to recover and move away from him. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Smash Hoofstomp goes.
Abilities and Strategy
Smash Hoofstomp has a powerful melee attacks that deals approximately 60k damage every 2 seconds. In addition, he uses two abilities.
- Hoof Stomp will sometimes damage you for 35,000 damage and knock you back.
- Shield Waller causes Smash to pause and create a shield that deflects all attacks made by players facing him. The shield wears off after 10 seconds and Smash starts moving and attacking again.
When Smash spawns, you will notice that he carries two goblins. You need to kill them first, as doing so will cause Smash to take 100% increased damage until the end of the fight. This makes it easier to beat the 2-minute enrage timer, especially since Smash has almost 8M health.
Smash can be stunned, slowed, or rooted, so casters can easily keep him at bay. That said, you want to remain as close to him as possible. This will enable you to get behind him when he casts Shield Waller and resume DPS as fast as possible.
Melee players will need to mitigate the damage he does with his melee attacks. Fortunately, all melee classes have proper tools to survive this type of damage.
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
- Use your offensive cooldowns during the Shield Waller that follows the death of the second gnome.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Smash Hoofstomp is now the third Rank 1 opponent (he was the third Rank 6 opponent, previously).
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872
- 9.1 Release Information
- Feral Druid PvP 9.0.5
- Beast Mastery Hunter PvP 9.0.1
- Patch 9.1 Changes
- Arcane Mage PvP 9.0.5
- Unholy Death Knight Leveling
- Advice for newbie tank
- Korthia Overview