Brawler's Guild: Smash Hoofstomp (Rank 1) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. ChangeLog
Smash Hoofstomp is your third Brawler's Guild Rank 1 opponent. The fight against him is very easy. He will often stop moving and attacking for 10 seconds, which will allow many classes to recover and move away from him. Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Smash Hoofstomp goes.
1. Abilities and Strategy
Smash Hoofstomp has a powerful melee attacks that deals approximately 60k damage every 2 seconds. In addition, he uses two abilities.
- Hoof Stomp will sometimes damage you for 35,000 damage and knock you back.
- Shield Waller causes Smash to pause and create a shield that deflects all attacks made by players facing him. The shield wears off after 10 seconds and Smash starts moving and attacking again.
When Smash spawns, you will notice that he carries two goblins. You need to kill them first, as doing so will cause Smash to take 100% increased damage until the end of the fight. This makes it easier to beat the 2-minute enrage timer, especially since Smash has almost 8M health.
Smash can be stunned, slowed, or rooted, so casters can easily keep him at bay. That said, you want to remain as close to him as possible. This will enable you to get behind him when he casts Shield Waller and resume DPS as fast as possible.
Melee players will need to mitigate the damage he does with his melee attacks. Fortunately, all melee classes have proper tools to survive this type of damage.
2. Generic Advice
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
- Use your offensive cooldowns during the Shield Waller that follows the death of the second gnome.
3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
4. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Smash Hoofstomp is now the third Rank 1 opponent (he was the third Rank 6 opponent, previously).
- Patch 7.3: Upcoming Elemental Shaman Changes & Monks
- ToS Race Day 25: No W2nd Yet + Stats & History
- Class Tuning for July 25th
- Patch 7.3: Vicious War Fox PvP Mount
- Patch 7.3: Shackled Ur'zul (Mythic Argus Mount)
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Patch 7.2.5 Hotfixes: July 20th
- Patch 7.3: Tier 21 Death Knight
- So much for Mantle
- [Hyjal][H] SK Pug Tavern 8/9H
- [Ragnaros][H] Project Failure 9/9HC | 9/10M | Looking for a tank and multiple DPS!
- Arms Assistance Required.
- [Skywall/Drak'thul][H] Corrupted Destiny (4/9 H) Recruiting Melee DPS Core Team
- Help analyzing my log demonology
- [Quel'Thalas] [A] Trotters Traders Ltd (3/9H) Recruiting for ToS
- Outlaw artifact
- BM Hunter and what our community is costing us...
- Why is Engine ranked so low on Mr Robot???
- Beast Mastery Hunter 7.2.5
- 913 fire mage need dps help
- Frost Mage 7.2.5
- Heirloom Guide
- Paladin in need of help
- High ilevel, low dps Ele