Brawler's Guild: Vian the Volatile (Rank 3) (WoD 6.2)
Table of Contents
- 1. Abilities and Strategy
- 2. Generic Advice
- 3. Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
- 4. Changelog
Vian the Volatile is the second Brawler's Guild Rank 3 opponent. The fight against him is all about precise movement. You will need to step aside to deal with a damaging Fire ability he often casts and you will need to avoid an increasing number of fireballs that move freely around the arena. The fight against Vian is a lot more forgiving than your previous fight against Bruce, but the strategy is slightly more complicated.
Before we delve further into the explanations, we advise you to first watch this very short video, which shows how the fight with Vian the Volatile goes.
Abilities and Strategy
Vian the Volatile has three abilities.
- Fire Line deals heavy Fire damage in a line in front of him.
- Volatile Flames summons a fireball that will move freely around the arena. If you touch them, they deal heavy Fire damage. If you let Vian touch them, they will increase his spell casting speed.
- Lava Burst damages you with Fire damage.
Your main priority is to avoid Fire Line when Vian casts it. Simply stepping aside a few yards does the trick.
In addition to this, you need to avoid all the fireballs created by Volatile Flames. As the fight drags on, there will be more and more of these fireballs. Vian will always run after you (so that he is close to you for Fire Line). This means that you can control his position and should make him avoid the fireballs as well, as otherwise, his spell casting speed will be increased.
Regarding Lava Burst, you should generally not try to interrupt it. If you do interrupt it, Vian will start using melee attacks, which are more damaging that lava Burst, so you are better off letting him cast. The only exception to that is when you play a class with high mitigation against physical damage (Rogues or Plate wearers, for example).
- Do not panic. It does not matter if you mess up your rotation, but you need to stick to the strategy.
- If you are in for a long Brawler's Guild session, you may want to use a flask.
- Prepot! Use a Potion of Brawler's Might, a Potion of Brawler's Cunning, or a Potion of Brawler's Deftness right before Vian the Volatile appears, depending on what your main statistic is.
- When the 60-second cooldown on your potion is over, you can use the same potion again or you can use a Brawler's Healing Potion if you need healing.
- Group up with other players so that you benefit from each other's buffs.
Sharing your Class-specific Tips on the Forums
For class-specific advice, please refer to this thread on our forums. Do not hesitate to share your own tips!
- 11 Dec. 2014: Updated for Warlords of Draenor. The fight remains the same, but Vian the Volatile is now the second Rank 3 opponent (he was the second Rank 1 opponent, previously).
- Hunter Stable Size Increased to 205 Slots in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 34972: Class Changes
- Tyrannical Affix No Longer Affects Boss Mobs in Shadowlands
- Priest Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Shaman Legendary Powers in Shadowlands
- Changes to Combat Potions on the Shadowlands Alpha
- Demon Hunter Shadowlands Major Class Changes: July 1st
- An Update on Pelagos' Pronouns on the Shadowlands Alpha
- Whomever wrote this spec page needs work
- BM DPS
- Corrupted Mementos
- Druid Changes
- Shadow Priest 8.3
- Midsummer Fire Festival
- Echo's Clarification
- Affliction Warlock 8.3