Frost Death Knight DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Frost Death Knight in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
Gearing a Frost Death Knight
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Frost Death Knight. This section will cover everything you need to know about gearing your character correctly.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Frost Death Knight
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots The website can help you choose set bonuses, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
As you find new gear upgrades, you will want to make sure that they are kept enchanted and gemmed according to your sim results. In order to do so efficiently, make sure to check out our Enchants and Stats pages below.
Simulations are usually character specific, but there are simulations available for the best gear setup obtainable. Below, you can find some of these more general simulations on our dedicated page, but it is important to note that the outcome of these simulations heavily depends on the builds chosen.
Remember that it can be better to have more (quantitatively) secondary stats of different kinds, than simply focusing on one secondary stat, due to the secondary stat diminishing returns. This can mean that a higher item level piece of gear with worse stats can be an upgrade simply because of the amount of stats on that piece of gear. For more information on stats, please refer to our dedicated page.
Early Gearing in Shadowlands
Once you reach max level and finish the Shadowlands campaign you will start to look for upgrades to your gear. Our recommendation for this is to start with World Quests and Heroic Dungeons. For Mythic dungeons, at 0 level, it is most efficient to find a group of people to clear all the dungeons in one go. Make sure to grab your Legendary from Torghast and buy any crafted or BoE gear that fits your budget from the Auction House.
Adding Sockets to Your Gear
There is an NPC in The Maw that allows you to obtain a consumable that adds a socket to an item that did not already have one. For more information on how to obtain it, please visit our Ve'nari page.
Valor Upgrades to Mythic+ Gear
Trinket Simulation for Frost Death Knight
Legendary Powers for Frost Death Knight
In Shadowlands, you have a choice as to which Legendary power your character will use. You will eventually get all of the powers, however this will take a long time so you should focus on the powers that best fit what you want to do in the game.
Here are the 3 best Legendary Powers.
- Koltira's Favor offers the best single-target increase, as well as solid resource generation. It is over 2% above the next-best option for single target, while still being a solid AoE option.
- Rage of the Frozen Champion is a consistent and competitive option offering solid single-target and AoE damage.
- Biting Cold is a weak single-target option, but offers the best AoE damage, making it a decent Mythic+ option depending on your group.
Best in Slot Items for Frost Death Knight in Dungeons
|Helm||Plague Handler's Greathelm||Globgrog in Plaguefall|
|Neck||Azure-Venom Choker||Kin-Tara in Spires of Ascension|
|Cloak||Cloak of Enveloping Manifestations||Executor Tarvold in Sanguine Depths|
|Chest||Breastplate of Brutal Dissonance||Ventunax in Spires of Ascension|
|Bracers||Thunderous Echo Vambraces||Oryphrion in Spires of Ascension|
|Gloves||Guilewind Stone Talons||General Kaal in Sanguine Depths|
|Belt||Waistguard of Expurged Anguish||Grand Proctor Beryllia in Sanguine Depths|
|Legs||Legplates of Unholy Frenzy||Amarth in The Necrotic Wake|
|Boots||Warboots of Ruthless Conviction||Kin-Tara in Spires of Ascension|
|Rings||Ring of Perpetual Conflict and Fleshfused Circle||Mordretha in Theater of Pain and Gorechop in Theater of Pain|
|Weapon||Gorestained Cleaver or Supercollider||Xav the Unfallen in Theater of Pain or The Manastorms in De Other Side|
Best in Slot Items for Frost Death Knight in Castle Nathria
If you have read the previous section, you should now understand that static Best in Slot lists are always misleading, and it is best to use the tools at your disposal, notably Raidbots' Top Gear and its new Droptimizer options.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Updated with a new section for Valor that goes over the top trinkets to prioritize and added a dungeon BiS section.
- 24 Jan. 2021: Guide reviewed and completely updated.
- 14 Dec. 2020: Page updated for Castle Nathria BiS.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Page updated for Shadowlands release, added a section on early Shadowlands gearing and one on Legendary Powers, removed a lot of BfA-specific information.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!