Frost Death Knight DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Frost Death Knight in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Frost Death Knight
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
Patch 8.2 introduced a new type of gear themed around Nazjatar and the new raid (The Eternal Palace). You can obtain this gear through activities such as World Quests, Regular Quests, and they are even Bind on Account, meaning you can use them to gear up your alts. There is a shop where you can purchase these Bind on Account Benthic gear tokens for Prismatic Manapearls. This currency is also used to upgrade the base item from 385 all the way up to 425. These tokens have a chance to roll tertiary stats and even a socket, so you may want to hold off upgrading gear until you get a socket on the piece you want.
Of the Benthic gear that is available, these are the ones that are very powerful for the Eternal Palace and Nazjatar content: Zanj'ir Scaleguard Greatbelt (works on Orgozoa and Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha in the Eternal Palace), Vim's Scalecrusher Girdle, Waveblade Farseer's Armguards, and Akana's Reefstrider Boots.
Currently, for Frost Death Knights, the Akana's Reefstrider Boots are especially strong and you may see some of these pieces sim even higher than Mythic raid gear.
Currently in Operation: Mechagon, the most notable items are the pair of rings Logic Loop of Division and Overclocking Bit Band. This set of rings together is very powerful since you are able to have 100% uptime on the buff as long as you can get behind the target. If you can obtain this set then it may perform better than some Mythic Eternal Palace rings.
Azerite Gear for Frost Death Knights
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
With the changes in Battle for Azeroth your primary stat is going to be your best stat. Even though this is the case, a higher item level piece of gear does contain more secondary stats which usually makes it an upgrade. When you are looking for gear upgrades you will usually find them in a higher item level piece of gear.
Trinket Simulation for Frost Death Knight
Recommended The Eternal Palace Gear
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
This does not include items that are found outside of the raid, so this may be altered based on items you have available from outside sources. Note that this also does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart:
Also note that this is not a guide on which bosses to bonus roll. Refer to the Droptimizer guide above to plan out your bonus rolls.
- 20 Jul. 2019: Added a section for Mechagon gear.
- 09 Jul. 2019: Updated BiS for The Eternal Palace.
- 05 Jul. 2019: Added a section for Benthic gear.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 19 Mar. 2019: Added a note about on-use trinkets.
- 22 Jan. 2019: Added a Recommended Gear List for Battle of Dazar'alor, and an introduction to the RaidBots Droptimizer feature.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 29 Aug. 2018: Added a hectic add cleave trinket chart.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Infinite HoA Trait Removed from 8.3, New Legendary Cloak Addition
- 8.3 Class Changes Update: Mistweaver, Holy Pala, Disc Priest
- Mythic+ Season 4 Item Level Changes (Official)
- 8.3 Pet Battle Changes Update
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- New Retail WoW Box for Starting Players
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- What’s the better PC?
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.2
- Frost Mage 8.2
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Holy Priest 8.2
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Very low HPS MW monk