Frost Death Knight DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Frost Death Knight in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Frost Death Knight
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
2. Azerite Gear for Frost Death Knight
For information about what Azerite traits to choose and what the best items are, see our Azerite page.
With the changes in Battle for Azeroth your primary stat is going to be your best stat. Even though this is the case, a higher item level piece of gear does contain more secondary stats which usually makes it an upgrade. When you are looking for gear upgrades you will usually find them in a higher item level piece of gear.
4. Trinket Simulation for Frost Death Knight
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 29 Aug. 2018: Added a hectic add cleave trinket chart.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Kul Tiran & Zandalari Druid Empowered Moonkin Form
- Allied Races: Are Mechagnomes and Vulpera Next?
- Titan Residuum Hotfix: January 16th
- The Story of Xal'atath in Patch 8.1.5
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 28938: Highlights
- This Week in WoW: January 15th
- What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2
- Bruce (Brawler's Guild Mount) in Patch 8.1.5
- Feral Druid 8.1
- when to use blizzard/aoe as frost?
- Windwalker Monk PvP 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Survival Hunter PvP 8.1
- Subtlety Rogue PvP 8.1
- Shadow Priest PvP 8.1
- Retribution Paladin PvP 8.1