Frost Death Knight PvP Useful Macros (Shadowlands / 9.0.5)
Macros are crucial to be successful in PvP. They allow players to use abilities on enemies without having to target them. This helps increase overall damage/healing and general awareness in the arena. Here are a few macros that all Frost Death Knights can benefit from.
This page is part of our Frost Death Knight PvP Guide.
- #showtooltip Pillar Of Frost
- /cast Pillar of Frost
- /cast Empower Rune Weapon
- /cast Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity
This macro combines your offensive cooldowns and trinket that are off the Global Cooldown, meaning they can all be used at the same time. This will save on button space and time to press each individually and focus on getting your burst out as fast as possible which is great when using the powerful setups Frost Death Knight has. The trinket is whichever PVP trinket you have available, if you have the Aspirant's version, you would have to type that instead. If you are an orc, you can also cast Blood Fury in this macro.
Asphyxiate 123 Macro
- #showtooltip Asphyxiate
- /cast [target=arena1] Asphyxiate
Using this macro will use Asphyxiate on arena enemy 1. This makes it easier to stun an enemy while staying focused on your target. If you want macros for the second and third enemies, simply change the arena1 to arena2 or arena3.
Death Grip 123 Macro
- #showtooltip Death Grip
- /cast [target=arena1] Death Grip
Using this macro will use Death Grip on arena enemy 1. This makes it easier to setup engages on the enemy while staying focused on your target. If you want macros for the second and third enemies, simply change the arena1 to arena2 or arena3.
Mind Freeze 123 Macro
- #showtooltip Mind Freeze
- /cast [target=arena1] Mind Freeze
Using this macro will use Mind Freeze on arena enemy 1. This makes it easier to use interrupts on various enemies while staying focused on your target. If you want macros for the second and third enemies, simply change the arena1 to arena2 or arena3.
Death Grip Focus Macro
- #showtooltip Death Grip
- /cast [target=focus] Death Grip
If you find that you do not have much room on your action bars, you can use a focus macro. This is much simpler to use than the arena123 macro. Put an enemy on focus and this macro will use Death Grip on that player while you are still focused on your target.
- 20 Feb. 2021: Added a new macro for burst situations.
- 12 Nov. 2020: Updates made by new writer.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Amazing Animation and Effects in "Judgement" Animated Short
- Vicious War Gorm Mounts in Shadowlands Season 2
- A Summary of All Patch 9.1 Build 38872 Class Changes
- A List of All Burning Crusade and Patch 9.0.5 Hotfixes (June 1-8)
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 7th
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 13: Arcane Mages Dominate, Frost Rises as Well
- Impressive Arthas and Teldrassil Faction Animated Wallpapers
- Shaman Class Changes in Patch 9.1 Build 38872