Frost Death Knight DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Frost Death Knight. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Frost Death Knight
The stat priority for a Frost Death Knight is not heavily weighted towards certain stats. In fact what you will notice when simming your character is that your stat weights will be very close together. Because of this, item level is generally considered as the most important decider in a piece of gear. It is still recommended that you sim an item to determine if it is an upgrade or not. However, here is the stat priority you will normally find when simming your character:
- Critical Strike;
Usually a higher item level piece of gear will be a bigger upgrade than a lower item level piece of gear even with better stats. We highly recommend you sim your character to find the stat weights that work best for you.
2. Getting a Better Understanding of Frost Death Knight Stats
2.1. Statistics Priority
Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Haste increases your attack speed (and thus the amount of procs of Killing Machine) and your Rune regeneration rate.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Mastery, through Mastery: Frozen Heart, increases your Frost damage. Frost damage makes up a great part of your total damage.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: January 22nd + Clarifications
- Jaina Heroic World First Kill Video
- Battle of Dazar'alor Alliance Intro Cinematic
- Kul Tiran Humans & Zandalari Trolls Not Coming Today
- King Rastakhan Defeat Cinematic
- Method and Exorsus to Stream Raid Progress
- This Week in WoW: January 22nd
- BfA PvP Season 2 Has Begun + Conquest and Ranked Rewards Details
- Fury Warrior 8.1
- Prot Warrior Rotation Documentation
- Frost Mage 8.1
- Help wit VuhDo
- Protection Warrior 8.1
- Restoration Druid 8.1
- Holy Paladin 8.1
- BfA Level 120 Battle Guide