Frost Death Knight DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Frost Death Knight. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
The Basics of Stats for Frost Death Knight
The stat priority for a Frost Death Knight is not heavily weighted towards certain stats. In fact what you will notice when simming your character is that your stat weights will be very close together. Because of this, item level is generally considered as the most important decider in a piece of gear. It is still recommended that you sim an item to determine if it is an upgrade or not. However, here is the stat priority you will normally find when simming your character:
- Critical Strike;
Usually a higher item level piece of gear will be a bigger upgrade than a lower item level piece of gear even with better stats. We highly recommend you sim your character to find the stat weights that work best for you.
With Gathering Storm, if you previously had little to no Haste, then you may find Haste becoming a more valuable stat.
Getting a Better Understanding of Frost Death Knight Stats
Strength is your primary statistic. You should look for it in all of your upgrades. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do.
Haste increases your attack speed (and thus the amount of procs of Killing Machine) and your Rune regeneration rate.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Mastery, through Mastery: Frozen Heart, increases your Frost damage. Frost damage makes up a great part of your total damage.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 14 Jan. 2020: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.3 and no changes are necessary.
- 18 Jul. 2019: Added note about Gathering Storm and Haste interaction.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed and no changes are necessary for the release of the Crucible of Storms raid.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Is Gamepad Support Coming to WoW in Shadowlands?
- Allied Races No Longer Require Exalted Reputation in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Alpha 9.0.1 Build 33978
- Covenant Abilities Already Very Controversial in the WoW Community
- Hunter Stable Size Will Be Increased in WoW Shadowlands
- A New Leveling Experience Awaits in WoW Shadowlands
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: April 7th
- Bastion Zone and Kyrian Covenant In-dept Preview (Official)
- VuhDo - Private tank order
- ElvUI: a Comprehensive Guide
- GM of a Guild.
- New disc looking for advice
- Monk Leveling Guide
- Class Order Halls - Resources and Advancements
- Elemental Shaman 8.3
- Mage Leveling Guide