Halls of Infusion Dungeon Guide: Location, Boss Strategies, Trash, and Loot
Welcome to our guide to the Halls of Infusion dungeon in the Dragonflight World of Warcraft expansion. This guide will cover everything you need to know about the dungeon, including how to get to it, its layout, the trash and boss mechanics within, and its loot.
Getting into Halls of Infusion
Halls of Infusion is a level 70 dungeon that can be found in the newly introduced zone of Thaldraszus in the Dragon Isles (marked with blue on the minimap below). The nearest flight point for both Alliance and Horde players are Gelikyr Post, Thaldraszus (marked with yellow on the minimap below). Upon landing, head to the east, where you will see the entrance of the dungeon once you get closer to Tyrhold ruins.
This guide will focus on an extensive overview of the dungeon, providing vital information to complete it across all difficulties (Normal, Heroic, and Mythic). We will cover all 4 boss fights supported by the most notable trash enemies in the dungeon and their important abilities. If you would like to learn about the other Dragonflight Dungeons or the upcoming Mythic+ season instead, please see our overviews linked below. Otherwise, without further ado, let us begin!
Halls of Infusion Layout
Unlock Unique Bonuses in Halls of Infusion
- Limited Immortality Device is located in the Infuser's Rotunda — check the screenshot below — there is only one of its kind.
- You must have at least 25 skill in Dragon Isles Engineering in order to activate it.
- Only one member from your team is required to have the profession, and upon "unlocking" the device, it will grant each member of your party the Limited Immortality buff lasting for 60 minutes.
- This buff will prevent you from dying a single time when you take lethal damage, and it will disappear as soon as it procs.
- Infused Mushroom can be found in the Intake Reservoirs (to the left after defeating Watcher Irideus) and in the Khajin's Gambit area on the way to the third boss of the dungeon, Khajin the Unyielding).
- You must have at least 25 skill in Dragon Isles Herbalism to activate one.
- Only one member from your team is required to have the profession, and upon interacting with the Infused Mushroom, it will grant each member of your party the Cleansing Spores buff for 30 minutes.
- This buff will cure one application of a Poison or Disease effect every 5 seconds.
Aquatic Intake and Watcher Irideus
Notable Trash before Watcher Irideus
- Interrupt the Earth Shield coming from Primalist Geomancer. If the shield goes through, it will heal a random mob and reduce their damage taken by 10%. In addition, sidestep the Seismic Slam ground animation at all costs (it is 5 yards wide).
- Refti Defender will be the first "tank-buster" trash mob you will face in this dungeon because of its Gushing Wound Bleed effect and Spear Flurry ability. Use your remaining interrupts for Demoralizing Shout to prevent him from decreasing your damage output.
- Containment Beam, coming from Containment Apparatus, is the most important channel cast to watch out for; it will deal serious damage until the channel is over. In addition, the mob has Expulse, a heavy AoE spell that damages everyone within 20 yards, hence why you want to stop it at all costs!
- Beware of chaining Primalist Ravagers with any other trash enemies due to its Tailwind aura. They also have an important Blasting Gust cast to interrupt. Failing to do so will deal damage to everyone within 40 yards.
Watcher Irideus Boss Guide
Watcher Irideus's boss fight is a two-stage encounter, each of them being completely different to tackle. Stage Two: Watcher's Last Stand begins once the boss starts to channel his Ablative Barrier. For more information, check the detailed guide below:
- Watch out for the Spark Volley ground puddles. If you do get hit by one, it will leave a magical debuff that damages you over time.
- Once the boss casts Ablative Barrier, kill 3 Nullification Devices on top of the boss so they can remove his Ablative Barrier applications with the Nullifying Pulse cast. Just remember, the longer the boss stays in Ablative Barrier, the more stacks of Siphon Power he gets.
- Interrupt the Purifying Blast cast from Nullification Devices.
- Each time you remove an application of the Ablative Barrier, the boss will trigger a Reactive Spark; dodge the ground puddles at all costs!
- Aim the Titanic Fist frontal away from your party.
- During Stage Two, gather threat on the nearby Nullification Devices and stack them under the Watcher Irideus so you can destroy his Ablative Barrier.
- Prepare to use healing cooldowns once Watcher Irideus in casting Static Surge.
- The boss will periodically apply 3 Power Overload Magic debuffs to your party members. You can either dispel it or let it expire, but be aware as soon as it does, it will trigger a follow-up spell called Power Field.
Goliath's Lair and Gulping Goliath
Notable Trash before Gulping Goliath
Upon defeating Watcher Irideus, you can go to the right or the left. I recommend you take the left path (see the screenshot with the green arrow), since you will be able to collect Infused Mushroom. Here is what you should know about the trash mobs that can be found in this area:
- Stop the Elemental Focus cast from Primalist Shocktrooper, or else they will transform their Lightning Blast (instant casts on the highest threat target) into Chain Lightning.
- There will be Stealthed Skulking Zealots around the area that will stun the first target that they get in combat with Cheap Shot. As a Healer, be ready to top up the health of your Tank since they will be unable to use their active mitigation during the stun. The longer the mob takes to defeat, the harder it will hit due to its Rising Squall passive, so watch out!
- Interrupt the Dazzle frontal disorient from Dazzling Dragonfly at all costs. You can also sidestep or outrange it by moving at least 10 yards away if you want to save your interrupt for more important casts.
- There are going to be some Curious Swoglets around the area. They are harmless frogs that have only one ability known as Gulp Swog Toxin. This Poison effect stacks and instantly kills you upon reaching 10 applications. Having an Infused Mushroom buff will save you a lot of headaches here!
- Interrupt the Pyretic Burst and coming from Flamecaller Aymi. Avoid being hit by the Molten Subduction ground animation.
- Squallbringer Cyraz is another unique mob you will only meet once in this dungeon, just like Flamecaller Aymi. Your Tank must gather threats from the nearby Zephyrlings once they are spawned with Zephyr's Call.
Gulping Goliath Boss Guide
- Sidestep the Cave In ground animation.
- Quickly nuke the Curious Swoglets; they will leave a stackable Gulp Swog Toxin Poison effect on you that will instantly kill you upon reaching 10 stacks.
- Once the boss casts Gulp, select one player from your party to be deliberately "consumed" to prevent him from getting the Hangry Enrage effect, which you cannot dispel. Keep in mind once you are Gulped you, will take initial damage and get 3 applications of Gulp Swog Toxin!
- Sidestep the Belly Slam ground animation at all costs.
- Move Gulping Goliath closer to the Curious Swoglets to enable your DPS to cleave all targets.
- Top your teammates quickly once Gulping Goliath in casting Overpowering Croak.
- Spot heal the target that gets Gulped; here is a good place to use your external defensive cooldowns!
- Use healing cooldowns once the boss is casting Toxic Effluvia, as the AoE damage will become especially dangerous if the boss is enhanced by Hangry effect.
Khajin's Gambit and Khajin the Unyielding
Notable Trash before Khajin the Unyielding
Upon defeating Gulping Goliath, continue down the river toward the third boss of the dungeon, Khajin the Unyielding. Remember, alongside the river, there will be a few locations where you can find Infused Mushroom! The entire area leading toward Khajin the Unyielding is packed with Proto dragons and caster mobs that will empower them. Here are more details on what to expect:
- The first non-boss-enemy you will face is going to be Primalist Earthshaker, who has only one ability called Rumbling Earth. Interrupt it at all times to avoid having it deal damage and stun all players within 8 yards.
- Primalist Galesinger is another caster mob in this area. Interrupt its Thunderstorm cast at all times. Be aware that any nearby Gusting Proto-Dragons will get empowered, giving them an extra ability called Binding Winds.
- Primalist Icecaller is the least dangerous mob in this area. Stop its single Ice Shards ability with any spare interrupts. The mob will empower any nearby Glacial Proto-Dragon and give them a new ability called Deep Chill.
- Sidestep the Gusting Breath frontal coming from Gusting Proto-Dragon. Remember, if there are any nearby Primalist Galesingers, they will "empower." the dragon, allowing it to cast Binding Winds (you can dispel the stun).
- Sidestep the frontal Oceanic Breath coming from Glacial Proto-Dragon. Remember, if any Primalist Icecaller is around, the Glacial Dragon will have an extra ability called Deep Chill.
- Sidestep the Tectonic Breath frontal coming from Subterranean Proto-Dragon. Remember, if any Primalist Earthshaker is around, the Subterranean Proto-Dragon will have an extra ability called Creeping Mold - a stackable Disease debuff.
Khajin the Unyielding Boss Guide
- Once Khajin the Unyielding begins to cast Hailstorm hide behind any nearby Ice Boulders or use immunity to survive. One important note is that once you have used the Ice Boulders, they will become damaged and destroyed with the next Hailstorm, triggering Avalanche, so always make sure to find a new boulder to hide behind after each Hailstorm. You can still deal damage through the Ice Boulders!
- Avoid being hit by the Glacial Surge rings at all costs.
- Khajin the Unyielding will periodically cast Frost Cyclone. Make sure to avoid it and not "bait" it toward any existing Ice Boulders otherwise, they will become damaged.
- Bring the boss closer to any existing Ice Boulders to increase the damage uptime of your melee DPS when they exit melee to hide during Hailstorm casts.
- Throughout the whole fight, players will have the Polar Winds debuff on them; do not forget to top them up frequently!
- Top up the health of the party member that is targeted by Frost Shock and dispel the slow follow-up effect.
Infusion Chamber and Primal Tsunami
Notable Trash before Primal Tsunami
Once you have defeated Khajin the Unyielding, the last gate of the dungeon will open, allowing you to enter the Infusion Chamber where you will find Primal Tsunami. Along the way, you will face some familiar foes like Glacial Proto-Dragon and Primalist Icecaller paired with several new mob types. Once you approach the bridge leading to the final boss, there will be a constant Crashing Tsunami coming either from the left or right. If you fail to dodge it, you will get knocked back. Here is more information on the trash mobs you will face on the way:
- Aqua Rager is the first unique mob you will face. It has only one important cast to watch for: its Boiling Rage Enrage effect. Once it reaches 20% health, it will begin casting Tidal Divergence, dividing itself into 4 Aqualings. It is a 6 sec long cast, so it will be quite easy to interrupt once you see it!
- Once you approach the end of the bridge, Infuser Sariya will be available to be attacked. She will have unavoidable AoE damage coming from Inundate (non-interruptible) and a Aqueous Barrier absorb shield cast that must be interrupted at all times. Finally, get away from her Flash Flood AoE cast, as it will knock you back and damage you! Once Infuser Sariya has been defeated Infuser Sariya, Crashing Tsunami will stop.
Primal Tsunami Boss Guide
The Primal Tsunami boss encounter has two stages: Stage One: Violent Swells and Stage Two: Infused Waters. During Stage One, you will be fighting on the main platform (from where you pull the boss) until the boss reaches 100 Energy. Once that happens, it will cast Cast Away and begin Stage Two. During this stage, you will be sent back to the beginning of the bridge (where you have entered originally) and need to return to the boss. Keep in mind your team will be split in two (3 players in one corridor and 2 players in the other), and the water swirls ( Crashing Tsunami) will be present once again! Here is a more detailed breakdown of the fight:
- Avoid being hit by the Infused Globule ground spheres during Stage One and Stage Two. Failing to do so will deal serious initial damage and trigger a secondary Waterlogged debuff.
- During Stage Two, avoid the incoming Crashing Tsunami. Once you get to the boss, you will have to deal with 4 Primalist Infusers and defeat them in order to get back to Stage One.
- Speaking about Primalist Infusers, it is important to interrupt the Infuse ability since it empowers the boss. In addition, watch out for the Inundate cast!
- Dodge the incoming Rogue Waves.
- Always be present in melee to prevent Undertow from being cast.
- Use active mitigation once the boss is casting Squall Buffet. Not only will it knock you back, but it will also apply a follow-up debuff of Focused Deluge. You aim to get back to melee as quickly as possible to prevent it from casting Undertow.
- Periodically, Primal Tsunami will cast Tempest's Fury, dealing AoE damage to all players. Be ready to top up the health of your teammates!
- Dispel the slow effect from Waterlogged as quickly as possible.
Halls of Infusion Loot Table
|Plate Hands||Gauntlets of Incalculable Power||Mastery/Crit|
|Off-Hand||Rod of Perfect Order||Haste/Mastery|
|Leather Waist||Watcher's Clasp of Purpose||Vers/Mastery|
|Mail Head||Amphibian's Bellowing Crown||Crit/Mastery|
|Leather Shoulder||Ancient Hornswog Spaulders||Haste/Vers|
|Dagger||Croaking Dagger||Agi, Vers/Crit|
|Cloth Wrist||Lily-Laced Bracelets||Vers/Mastery|
|Plate Waist||Ravenous Omnivore's Girdle||Crit/Mastery|
|Mail Feet/td>||Swoglet Stompers||Vers/Mastery|
|1H Axe||Tongue Hacker||Str, Vers/Haste|
Khajin the Unyielding
|Finger||Circle of Ascended Frost||Haste/Vers|
|Plate Head||Earthshaker's Steel Visor||Mastery/Vers|
|Trinket||Globe of Jagged Ice||Agi|
|Mail Chest||Hauberk of Frozen Fervor||Vers/Crit|
|Cloth Feet||Khajin's Hailstone Footwraps||Mastery/Vers|
|Plate Shoulder||Mantle of Crushing Waves||Vers/Mastery|
|Cloth Chest||Robe of Plunging Depths||Crit/Mastery|
|Mail Hands||Torrential Downpour Gauntlets||Haste/Vers|
|Leather Feet||Treads of Restored Order||Haste/Vers|
|2H Sword||Undertow Tideblade||Str, Crit/Mastery|
|Trinket||Water's Beating Heart||Int|
Halls of Infusion Achievements
There are 8 total achievements to obtain in Halls of Infusion:
|Halls of Infusion||Defeat the Primal Tsunami in Halls of Infusion.|
|Heroic: Halls of Infusion||Defeat the Primal Tsunami in Halls of Infusion on Heroic difficulty or higher.|
|Mythic: Halls of Infusion||DEfeat the Primal Tsunami in Halls of Infusion on Mythic or Mythic Keystone difficulty.|
|Mythic: Halls of Infusion Guild Run||Defeat Primal Tsunami in Halls of Infusion on Mythic difficulty while in a guild group.|
|Keystone Hero: Halls of Infusion||Complete Halls of Infusion on Mythic Level 20 or higher, within the time limit.|
|Go With the Flow||Defeat the Primal Tsunami after slaying three Flow Control Units in Halls of Infusion on Mythic difficulty.|
|Hungry Hungry Hornswog||Defeat the Gulping Goliath after forcing it to become Hangry and devour 10 Curious Swoglets in Halls of Infusion.|
|Toxicity Strike Team||Defeat the Toxic Swogmother after Purging the Water intakes in Halls of Infusion on Mythic difficulty.|
- 04 Sep. 2023: No further changes required for 10.1.7 Patch.
- 10 Jul. 2023: No further changes required for the 10.1.5 Patch.
- 18 Apr. 2022: Guide updated for Season 2.
- 25 Nov. 2022: Guide added.
- One THOUSAND+ Pull Dramatic Tindral Mythic Kill by Skyline
- Wowdle: World of Warcraft Wordle-Style Game
- Illidari Doomhawk Available for Purchase with Timewarped Badges
- Tabard of Fury Available to Amazon Prime Subscribers This Month
- Patch 10.2 Week 4 Guide: A Comprehensive To-Do List for Season 3 Week 3
- Item Level of Timewalking Rewards in Dragonflight Season 3
- Second Catalyst Charge Available This Week on Live Servers
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 27th