Highmaul Raid Guides for World of Warcraft
Highmaul is a raid instance introduced in the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor expansion. The raid is available in the following difficulties and sizes:
- Raid Finder;
- Normal mode (between 10 and 30 players, using the flex system);
- Heroic mode (between 10 and 30 players, using the flex system);
- Mythic mode, the hardest difficulty in the game (availably only in 20-man size).
The raid is part of Tier 17, in terms of PvE progression. Normal and Heroic mode were released on the 2nd of December 2014, while Mythic mode was unlocked on the 9th of December. The raid was split into 3 wings for Looking for Raid mode, which opened on the 9th of December, 16th of December, and 6th of January (2015), respectively.
The raid houses 7 boss encounters.
Currently, we offer you the following strategy guides:
The raid instance entrance is located Nagrand.
Overview of the Bosses
The instance is only partly linear in terms of boss order. Kargath Bladefist must be killed first, after which your raid can choose to kill The Butcher, Tectus, and Brackenspore in any order, or simply to skip all three of them and move on straight to the Twin Ogron. The last two bosses, Ko'ragh and Imperator Mar'gok must be killed in this order.
Kargath Bladefist is accompanied by a set of adds, with some raid members regularly behind sent "into the stands of the arena". This boss will also act as an initial gear check for your raid.
The Butcher is a single-target fight that will put your raid's tanks and healers under a lot of strain. The Butcher's damage output is truly massive. The fight is somewhat reminiscent of the encounter against Patchwerk in Naxxramas.
Tectus is a boss that has somewhat peculiar mechanics, compared to the previous encounters. Only killable at certain times during the fight, when Tectus finally does die, he splits into two copies of himself and the fight continues from there, and this process happens once more before the fight is over. This is an encounter that will require your raid to move and position themselves very accurately.
Brackenspore is a giant bog monster that continuously covers the floor in damaging moss that your raid needs to keep removing. Your raid will have to battle Brackenspore and his minions, while also seeking the favour of some friendly adds.
The Twin Ogron encounter has your raid face off against Pol and Phemos. This is the "twin" encounter of the tier, one which places a lot of emphasis on the positioning of the two bosses relatively to one another.
Ko'ragh is probably the penultimate boss of the raid. The fight against him is repetitive, although it does gradually increase in difficulty as it goes on. DPS players have a lot of important responsibilities during this encounter.
Finally, your raid will have to defeat Imperator Mar'gok, the last boss of the instance. This is by far the longest and most complex encounter in Highmaul, consisting not only of 4 phases, but also of two transition phases. Every aspect of your raid will be put to the test.
- 13 Dec. 2014: Added a section on the optimal order in which to attempt the Mythic bosses.
- 09 Dec. 2014: Updated the paragraph regarding the linearity of the bosses.
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd
- Affliction Warlock PvP
- Guardian Druid PvE
- Retribution Paladin PvE
- Human and Orc Heritage Armor Guide
- Windwalker Monk Leveling