Hellfire Citadel Raid Guides for World of Warcraft
Hellfire Citadel is a raid instance introduced in the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor expansion. The raid is available in the following difficulties and sizes:
- Raid Finder;
- Normal mode (between 10 and 30 players, using the flex system);
- Heroic mode (between 10 and 30 players, using the flex system);
- Mythic mode, the hardest difficulty in the game (availably only in 20-man size).
The raid is part of Tier 18, in terms of PvE progression, and it houses 13 boss encounters.
Currently, we offer you the following strategy guides:
The raid instance entrance is located in Tanaan Jungle.
Overview of the Bosses
The raid offers a non-linear progression path, to a certain extent.
The first encounter is Hellfire Assault, which effectively opens up the raid instance for your raid group. It is an add fight where you do not really fight a boss.
After this, your raid must face and defeat Iron Reaver. This fight is all about positioning and speedy add DPS.
Kormrok uses a number of abilities, some of which become empowered at certain moments in the fight, making them considerably more difficult to deal with.
Hellfire High Council is a typical council-style fight, during which your raid will face 3 bosses, all active at the same time.
During the encounter against Kilrogg Deadeye, part of your raid must regularly travel to an alternate realm, and your raid must also manage an additional resource.
Once these three boss encounters have been defeated, your raid must defeat Gorefiend. This boss (an alternate version of Teron Gorefiend, the first Death Knight) regularly sends part of your raid into a parallel realm, where these players have to handle a set of adds.
Fel Lord Zakuun is a single-phase fight which requires excellent positioning and raid awareness. It also features a number of unique and creative mechanics.
The Shadow-Lord Iskar fight revolves around a creative ability that allows designated raid members to control parts of the encounter. Additionally, your raid will also face an array of positioning and movement challenges.
Xhul'horac is a four-phase encounter that stresses your raid members' ability to move quickly and to dodge ground effects.
During the Socrethar the Eternal fight, your raid will have to handle a special unit that can sometimes be controlled by players. Positioning and controlling this unit correctly is key to your raid's success. Once Socrethar has been defeated, your raid can access the next boss, Tyrant Velhari.
The most strenuous parts of the fight against Tyrant Velhari will test your raid's ability to correctly handle several large adds, with the rest of the mechanics in the encounter being quite straightforward.
The penultimate boss of the instance is Mannoroth, who can only be accessed when all previous bosses have been defeated. This long, 4-phase encounter will challenge every aspect of your raid's ability, proving a true test on your way to the final boss.
Finally, your raid can face Archimonde. This is an extremely long and complex encounter, although one your raid will be well prepared for if you have managed to get through the Mannoroth fight.
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day
- Mythic+ Tank Tier List
- Holy Priest Shadowlands
- Marksmanship Hunter PvP 9.0.1
- Retribution Paladin Shadowlands
- Enhancement Shaman Shadowlands
- Havoc Demon Hunter Shadowlands
- Ancient teaching of monastery OP?
- Arcane Mage PvP 9.0.1