Patch 8.3 Essence Changes
This overview highlights all Essence changes in World of Warcraft Patch 8.3: Visions of N'Zoth. For class changes, refer to our overview of Patch 8.3 Class Changes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Essence Acquisiton Changes
Blizzard is changing the acquisition of Essences related to Mechagon and Nazjatar in Visions of N'Zoth by making them easier to obtain for new and returning players.
The following changes have been made in Patch 8.3:
- Reputation requirements for Nazjatar and Mechagon vendor-sold Essences have been reduced from Honored/Revered/Exalted for ranks 1/2/3 to Friendly/Honored/Revered.
- The follower experience requirements for Rank 2 and 3 of Memory of Lucid Dreams have been reduced from 3,000/6,000 to 2,400/4,800.
- Players who are Revered with their respective Nazjatar reputation may now exchange Prismatic Manapearls for Bind-to-Account reputation tokens.
For more information on new essences in Patch 8.3, please refer to our guide.
Some Essences were underperforming in Rise of Azshara and the following changes have been made to mitigate that:
- Damage debuff applied by your guardian's Azerite Spikes has been reduced to 3% increased damage (was 5%).
The guardian's Azerite Spike cast time increased to 2.5 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- Developers' note: With respect to Condensed Life-Force, the cast time increase was primarily intended to resolve a bug where the guardian would clip his own casts when a character gained enough Haste to bring the cast below a global cooldown. However, this particular Essence, which is largely passive, was the premier choice for most specializations on both single and multi-target situations. So, in addition to the cast time increase, we felt it was necessary to reduce the damage increase the player receives from the Essence.
- Purifying Blast damage increased by 15%.
- Purifying Blast now has the potential to work on targets that are part of raid and dungeon encounters.
- The Unbound Force damage increased by 40%.
- Reckless Force duration changed to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Reckless Force increase of duration increased to 2 seconds (was 1 second).
- When Reckless Force buff is applied, The Unbound Force spell icon becomes highlighted.
Vision of Perfection
- Proc rate increased by 12%.
- The effects of Vitality Conduit are now accurately displayed in the combat log and scrolling combat text.
- Using Worldvein Resonance now additionally causes you to gain a 300% bonus to primary stats gained from Lifeblood Shards (Major slot) for 18 seconds (was 50% for 10 seconds).
For more details check out our Essences guide.
- 11 Jan. 2020: Updated based to 8.3 Patch Notes.
- 07 Jan. 2020: Page added.
In The Same Category
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch