Patch 8.3 Essence Changes
This overview highlights all Essence changes in World of Warcraft Patch 8.3: Visions of N'Zoth. For class changes, refer to our overview of Patch 8.3 Class Changes.
Essence Acquisiton Changes
The following changes have been made in Patch 8.3:
- Reputation requirements for Nazjatar and Mechagon vendor-sold Essences have been reduced from Honored/Revered/Exalted for ranks 1/2/3 to Friendly/Honored/Revered.
- The follower experience requirements for Rank 2 and 3 of Memory of Lucid Dreams have been reduced from 3,000/6,000 to 2,400/4,800.
- Players who are Revered with their respective Nazjatar reputation may now exchange Prismatic Manapearls for Bind-to-Account reputation tokens.
For more information on new essences in Patch 8.3, please refer to our guide.
Some Essences were underperforming in Rise of Azshara and the following changes have been made to mitigate that:
- Damage debuff applied by your guardian's Azerite Spikes has been reduced to 3% increased damage (was 5%).
The guardian's Azerite Spike cast time increased to 2.5 seconds (was 2 seconds).
- Developers' note: With respect to Condensed Life-Force, the cast time increase was primarily intended to resolve a bug where the guardian would clip his own casts when a character gained enough Haste to bring the cast below a global cooldown. However, this particular Essence, which is largely passive, was the premier choice for most specializations on both single and multi-target situations. So, in addition to the cast time increase, we felt it was necessary to reduce the damage increase the player receives from the Essence.
- Purifying Blast damage increased by 15%.
- Purifying Blast now has the potential to work on targets that are part of raid and dungeon encounters.
- The Unbound Force damage increased by 40%.
- Reckless Force duration changed to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Reckless Force increase of duration increased to 2 seconds (was 1 second).
- When Reckless Force buff is applied, The Unbound Force spell icon becomes highlighted.
Vision of Perfection
- Proc rate increased by 12%.
- The effects of Vitality Conduit are now accurately displayed in the combat log and scrolling combat text.
- Using Worldvein Resonance now additionally causes you to gain a 300% bonus to primary stats gained from Lifeblood Shards (Major slot) for 18 seconds (was 50% for 10 seconds).
For more details check out our Essences guide.
- 11 Jan. 2020: Updated based to 8.3 Patch Notes.
- 07 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- Naxxramas Classic Cleared in 1.5 Hours by Progress
- Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion Are Live in WoW Classic!
- Leviathan's and Kraken's Eyes BfA Gems Have Been Nerfed
- New Players Marked in PvP Mercenary Mode
- Really Top Level Shadowlands Week 1 Meme Compilation
- Torghast Tuning for Rogues and Warrior
- Blizzard Increased Drop Chance of Legendary Power Recipes in Dungeons
- How to Reduce Brightness in the Spires of Ascension Dungeon