Survival Hunter PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Dragonflight / 10.0.2)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Survival Hunter PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Survival Hunter in PvP
For more information about what Covenants bring you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities for Hunters.
It is important to choose the correct Covenant, as it has many impacts on your gameplay. Your Covenant will give you both a Covenant ability and a class ability. The next choice you have will be Soulbinds and Conduits. All of these are Covenant-specific and they are different based on which you choose. Here are the best Covenants for Survival Hunter.
- Venthyr is by far the best Covenant for Survival Hunters in PvP, with Flayed Shot enabling empowered Kill Shots that will make you much more powerful from range, on top of vastly increasing your DPS in general.
Best Soulbinds for Survival Hunter in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. These unlock powerful paths that can be taken to give you powerful spells, important passives, etc.
Here is the Soulbind and path you should take if you chose Venthyr.
At the end of this path, you will have gained more damage from Thrill Seeker and extra mobility from Familiar Predicaments.
You can also choose to go for General Draven as an alternative, enabling a second Finesse Conduit and alternative Soulbind Abilities at the cost of quite a bit of damage.
Best Conduits for Survival Hunters in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Survival Hunters in PvP
If you are Venthyr, Empowered Release is the best Potency Conduit. This increases the chance your Flayed Shot procs Flayer's Mark, and empowers your buffed Kill Shots even further. Other than this, we prefer Stinging Strike and either Deadly Tandem or Strength of the Pack, depending on your preference. Deadly Tandem will lengthen your burst while Strength of the Pack is a more flat DPS increase.
Best Endurance Conduits for Survival Hunters in PvP
- Resilience of the Hunter makes Feign Death reduce the damage you take. This is another crucial Conduit, as you are normally the focus target for enemy teams.
Best Finesse Conduits for Survival Hunters in PvP
- Ambuscade reduces the cooldown of Disengage whenever a trap is triggered. We normally use only one Finesse Conduit, but using this and Tactical Retreat in combination with alternative Soulbinds like General Draven can be exceptionally strong.
- Tactical Retreat makes Disengage slow enemies that are near you when you use it. This is a strong Conduit that will help you kite enemies and pets that are targeting you, especially melee specs.
Best Legendaries for Survival Hunters in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for Survival Hunters.
- You have multiple options here. For the most part, you will be using Craven Strategem as a defensive option. Your offensive options are Call of the Wild (which also reduces your Aspect of the Turtle cooldown), and Wildfire Cluster which is simply excellent, raw damage.
- Pouch of Razor Fragments is a more damage-focused Legendary Power. Use this if you do not expect to be the primary target, or if you cannot make use of Craven Strategem to evade damage.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Reviewed and updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated the best Covenant, Soulbind Abilities, and Legendary.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated Best Legendary.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated Best Soulbind paths.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Updated best Covenant and best Conduit recommendations.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Page added.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1