Survival Hunter PvP Best Arena Compositions (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Survival Hunter (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Survival Hunter PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you have a few options. It is best to focus the enemy DPS player. When you want to crowd control the enemy healer, you can use Harpoon, Tracker's Net or Intimidation to root them in place to setup Freezing Trap. If you are playing with a Holy Paladin or Restoration Druid, they should use their stun to start the crowd control. Follow that up with a Freezing Trap. At the same time you should be doing your sustained damage rotation. With this strategy, you are trying to do so much single-target damage to a target that the enemy healer will not be able to heal through it.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Survival Hunter + Discipline Priest
- Survival Hunter + Restoration Druid
- Survival Hunter + Holy Paladin
- Survival Hunter + Mistweaver Monk
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will be focusing on maximizing your single target damage, while still crowd controlling the enemy healer with Freezing Trap. When you start the crowd control chain, your teammates should stun the kill target and you should use your burst rotation. You do not always have to stun the kill target. If your team only has one reliable stun, like Hammer of Justice or Mighty Bash, it is best to use it on the enemy healer. It is important to note that Tracker's Net can also be used defensively. If you or a teammate cannot kite away from incoming damage, you can use Tracker's Net to slow enemies and help your teammates.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Jungle (Survival Hunter + Feral Druid + Holy Paladin/Discipline Priest)
- Cupid (Survival Hunter + Retribution Paladin + Restoration Druid/Discipline Priest)
- Thug (Survival Hunter + Subtlety Rogue + Restoration Druid/Holy Paladin
- Survival Hunter + Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin/Restoration Druid
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Reviewed for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 30 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 16 Oct. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 28 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1