Survival Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Survival Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Survival Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Survival Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Survival Hunter in PvP is as follows:
- Versatility to 30%;
- Versatility beyond 30%;
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times. This will increase the damage/healing you do and decrease the damage you take. Haste is another strong secondary stat, due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and increasing your attack speed.
In general, Survival Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Aspect of the Eagle and Coordinated Assault. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Agility or Haste. The Agility will provide a very large increase to your damage and Haste increases your attack speed, resulting in an increase to your damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Survival Hunter.
- Head: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Faceguard
- Neck: Crimson Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Monnion
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Tunic
- Wrists: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Bracers
- Hands: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Handguards
- Waist: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Belt
- Legs: Crimson Gladiator's Chain Breeches
- Feet: Infurious Boots of Reprieve (Crafted)
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Crimson Gladiator's Band
- Weapon: Crimson Gladiator's Spear
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you an Agility and Stamina boost that will increase your damage and survivability.
Crimson Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health.
Crimson Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Crimson Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Crimson Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Survival Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Writ of Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Waking Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
Gem all of your gear with Energized Malygite.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Reviewed and updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated the recommended gear and trinkets.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 02 May 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- 12 Apr. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 30 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 22nd
- Class Set Updates and Clarifications in Patch 10.1: March 22nd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 PTR Dev Notes: March 22nd