Survival Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Survival Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Survival Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Survival Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Survival Hunter in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times. This will increase the damage/healing you do and decrease the damage you take. Haste is another strong secondary stat, due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and increasing your attack speed.
In general, Survival Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Aspect of the Eagle and Coordinated Assault. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Agility or Haste. The Agility will provide a very large increase to your damage and Haste increases your attack speed, resulting in an increase to your damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Survival Hunter.
- Head: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Faceguard
- Neck: Cosmic Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Monnion
- Cloak: Cosmic Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Tunic
- Wrists: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Bracers
- Hands: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Handguards
- Waist: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Belt
- Legs: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Breeches
- Feet: Cosmic Gladiator's Chain Sabatons
- Ring 1: Cosmic Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Cosmic Gladiator's Band
- Weapon: Cosmic Gladiator's Scythe
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you an Agility and Stamina boost that will increase your damage and survivability.
Cosmic Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Cosmic Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Cosmic Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Cosmic Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Cosmic Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Survival Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Skirmish
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Enchant Weapon - Celestial Guidance
Gem all of your gear with Quick Jewel Cluster.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated the recommended gear and trinkets.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 02 May 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- 12 Apr. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 30 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes