Survival Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Dragonflight 10.2
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Survival Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.2.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Survival Hunter stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Survival Hunter
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Survival Hunter is:
- Haste, to around 30%;
- Critical Strike, to around 44;
- More Haste and Crit;
The main takeaway for Survival Hunter is that Mastery is really bad and should be avoided at all costs. The other 2 Stats are all good, with you being more likely to reach the "DR Points" of Haste and Crit at 30% and 44% respectively, and then dumping the rest into Versatility.
How To Choose Gear For The Survival Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots (click for a guide on how to use it). This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
Diminishing Returns on Stats
There are points at which certain stats will start offering less benefit. These are the points of diminishing return. After this point, stats will give progressively less benefit. This does not necessarily mean that a Stat will no longer be good past its point of diminishing returns, but if you find yourself crossing them, you should pay special attention to your sims and find out if you should look for different stats.
- 5400 Crit, or 44% (due to Keen Eyesight)
- 5100 Haste, or 30%
- 6150 Versatility, or 30%
- 5400 Mastery Rating
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Spirit Bond increases the damage of you and your pet's Focus-spending abilities, and causes you both to heal slightly every 5 seconds. The damage increase and healing per 5 seconds is all based on how much Mastery you have.
Haste increases you and your pet's attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on many of your abilities, including Kill Command.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 24 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)