Survival Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Survival Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Shadowlands 9.1.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Survival Hunter stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Survival Hunter
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Survival Hunter is:
- Versatility/Critical Strike;
Haste is generally king for Survival Hunters, with Versatility and Critical Strike usually being interchangeable, and Mastery being a step below.
In a practical situation, your stat weights and priority will always be changing as you get more gear, trinkets and so on. This is a general stat priority that gives you an idea of what stats are good to have on your gear.
How To Choose Gear For The Survival Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots (click for a guide on how to use it). This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
Gems, Enchants, and Consumables
The gems, enchants, and consumables you will use are directly derived from your stat priority and you can find our advice on this topic in our dedicated page.
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Spirit Bond increases the damage of you and your pet's Focus-spending abilities, and causes you both to heal slightly every 5 seconds. The damage increase and healing per 5 seconds is all based on how much Mastery you have.
Haste increases you and your pet's attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on many of your abilities, including Kill Command.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Blood Elf Customization Overhaul (Fan-Made)
- The Nine Kill in an Extremely Appropriate Time
- Patch 9.1 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: August 4th
- New WoW Job Openings at Blizzard
- World Bosses for the Week of August 3rd - Mor'geth & Nurgash Muckformed
- Shadowlands 9.1 Season 2 Mythic+ DPS, Tank and Healer Log Rankings, Week 4: Affliction Rising
- New Blizzard Co-CEO Mike Ybarra Plays World of Warcraft
- Complete 5 Timewalking Dungeons for Item Level 226 Loot Piece