Survival Hunter DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Survival Hunter. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Survival Hunter
General Stat Priority
The general stat priority for a Survival Hunter is:
- Versatility/Critical Strike;
Haste is generally king for Survival Hunters, with Versatility and Critical Strike usually being interchangeable, and Mastery being a step below.
In a practical situation, your stat weights and priority will always be changing as you get more gear, trinkets and so on. This is a general stat priority that gives you an idea of what stats are good to have on your gear.
How To Choose Gear For The Survival Hunter
If you are ever in doubt about what items to wear for any given situation, the only way to truly figure it out for your character is to use Raidbots. This website allows you to easily compare gear you already have, as well as gear you do not have.
Gearing decisions will not always be clear-cut. This is obvious if you have ever had to choose between a high item level piece of loot with bad stats, and a lower item level piece of loot with perfect stats. These decisions and more are the reason we recommend using Raidbots to help simulate your character.
Raidbots takes everything into account, including procs, RNG elements, your specific gear, racials and more. If you have made sure you performed the simulation correctly, then you can generally trust Raidbots' results to be accurate.
Agility is your primary stat. It provides you with Attack Power, which determines the damage your abilities do across the board.
Mastery, through Mastery: Spirit Bond increases the damage of you and your pet's Focus-spending abilities, and causes you both to heal slightly every 5 seconds. The damage increase and healing per 5 seconds is all based on how much Mastery you have.
Haste increases you and your pet's attack speed and Focus regeneration, reduces your Global Cooldown from 1.5 seconds to a minimum of 0.750 seconds, and reduces the cooldown on many of your abilities, including Kill Command.
Critical Strike increases your chance to critically hit with all spells and abilities.
Versatility increases all your damage and healing done, and decreases all damage taken.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Updated, simplified and clarified the stat priority and the description.
- 13 Jul. 2019: Simplified and updated the stat priority.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 14 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Official BlizzCon 2019 Preview: Free Panels, Map, Schedule, Mobile App
- The New Recruit A Friend Is Now Live!
- BlizzCon 2019 Schedule with a Many "Coming Soon" Slots
- Patch 8.2.5 Hotfixes: October 22nd
- Solenor the Slayer Hotfix: October 22nd
- New German RP Realm Opening October 25th
- Hallow's End in WoW Classic
- Ny'alotha Raid Testing - October 24th and 25th
- Balance Druid 8.2
- Death Knight Leveling
- Fire Mage 8.2
- Restoration Druid 8.2
- Mechagon and Junkyard Tinkering
- Assassination Rogue PvP 8.1.5
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Lock Destru bad dps improvement