Survival Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Survival Hunter in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Survival Hunter
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
2. Best Dungeons for Survival Hunter
This is a table containing all the currently available dungeons, and listing how many good items each dungeon can drop. We classify a "good item" as pieces that have a high amount of your best stat on it (Haste), as well as low/no Mastery. This will help guide you on what dungeons to focus on when farming for upgrades.
|Temple of Sethraliss||Weapon, Chest, Bracers, Pants|
|Siege of Boralus||Belt, Ring, Shoulders, Trinket|
|Kings' Rest||Belt, Ring, Trinket|
|Freehold||Bracers, Ring, Trinket|
|Atal'Dazar||Boots, Ring, Helm|
|Shrine of the Storm||Gloves, Trinket|
|Tol Dagor||Bracers, Shoulders|
|The MOTHERLODE!!||Cloak, Chest|
|The Underrot||Belt, Pants|
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear.
4. Trinket Simulation for Survival Hunter
A generic ranking for the top 13 single-target Trinkets can be found here:
A generic ranking for the top 13 cleave Trinkets can be found here:
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary.
- 07 Sep. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include the recent SimCraft changes to RPPM.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include buff to the Tiny Electromental in a Jar.
- 24 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include various World Quest trinkets.
- 23 Aug. 2018: Added a link to the origin spreadsheet for the simulation chart.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket simulations.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Gear and Trinket list updates.
- Updated the trinket simulation.
- Changed the BiS list to a more generally useful list of good dungeons to farm, as this will be relevant throughout the entire expansion.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Made a few updates.
- Updated Celerity of the Windrunners' Haste level from 2% to 3%.
- Added Butcher's Bone Apron to the Legendary ranking.
- 19 Jul. 2018: Made several updates.
- Added a tier-piece alternative to the off-piece Best in Slot helm, if you are using both top Legendaries.
- Fixed Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish's position in the Legendary rankings, so that it no longer appears twice under the multi-target list.
- Updated the 2nd BiS trinket from the Shadow-Singed Fang to Gorshalach's Legacy.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updated Golganneth's Vitality to just be an Argus Personal Loot drop. Revised Legendary ranking and added Soul of the Huntmaster and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish to it.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Added Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish to the bottom of the single-target legendary ranking.
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 17th
- Winter Veil 2018 (December 16th - January 2nd)
- How the Secret Hivemind Mount Works
- The Hivemind Secret Solved, Mount Available!
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: December 14th
- The Hivemind Secret Gets New Clues
- World of Warcraft Greek Community Q&A Roundup: December 13th
- Upcoming Class Tuning - December 18th
- Elemental Shaman 8.0.1
- New to Paladin help!
- Frost Death Knight 8.0.1
- Elemental Shaman PvP 7.2
- My horde dragonhawk died in the combat training??
- ClassicWoW-EU, the Discord server for the classic European community.
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.0.1
- Survival Hunter 8.0.1