De Other Side Quick Dungeon Guide: Video, Boss Strategies, and Trash
Welcome to our quick guide to the De Other Side dungeon in the Shadowlands World of Warcraft expansion. This guide aims at giving you proper direction to complete the dungeon (boss strategies and trash mobs) without being unnecessarily long. We also have encounter journal pages, for those who want a complete breakdown of the abilities.
Ready Check Pull Video
Please consult our De Other Side encounter journal pages for more information regarding what the bosses do exactly in each difficulty.
The first three bosses can be done in any order.
Hakkar the Soulflayer
- If you get a red circle around you, stay away from other players until it goes away (Corrupted Blood). It will spread to other players if they get hit by it.
- Focus on killing the "Son of Hakkar" add that occasionally spawns. It will fixate a random player and drop a damaging red pool on the ground when it dies. It will also respawn after a while, so you will be dealing with more and more of them as the fight goes on.
- At full energy, Hakkar will gain a shield and start channeling Blood Barrage. DPS through the shield while dodging the red swirls, and interrupt the channel once the shield is broken.
- Start out attacking Millhouse. Millificent jumps up to her platform and becomes unattackable.
- Interrupt Frostbolt and intercept the purple beam from each crystal that spawns. The beam does stacking damage to the intercepting player, but also gives them a stacking damage buff ( Power Overwhelming).
- The bosses will swap places with each other every 30 seconds.
- Millificent will release walking bombs that need to be disarmed by right-clicking them. Otherwise they explode at the end of their timer ( Experimental Squirrel Bomb).
- Each boss is defeated at 10% health.
- Avoid stepping in the swirly white traps ( Displacement Trap). They knock you high into the air, and you will need them for other mechanics.
- Quickly dodge white lazers that come from random directions.
- Occasionally, a random player will get a bomb timer above their head ( Explosive Contrivance). That player needs to step on a trap toward the end of the timer. If done correctly, no one else will take damage from the bomb.
- The boss also occasionally casts the same bomb on itself. Every player will need to step on a trap toward the end of the cast, so that it explodes underneath everyone and no one takes damage from it.
- Before starting the boss, assign two DPS to go to the left when you need to split the group later on in the fight.
- Make sure the tank is always in melee range of the boss when it is not casting.
- The boss will regularly put a debuff on two players ( Cosmic Artifice). The healer should quickly dispel one of these debuffs and let the other one expire on its own. This will stagger the AoE party damage from each debuff expiring.
- Avoid the purple circles on the ground ( Cosmic Collapse)
- When the boss starts casting Master of Death, look at his arms to know if you need to dodge left, right, or backwards. He always does a combination of three attacks. If you get hit by any of these attacks, you take a ton of damage and get a really bad DoT debuff.
- When the boss starts casting Shatter Reality, green spell effects will cover your screen. This is when you will need to quickly go to your assigned side and run into one of the green portals. There are three on each side, but only one person can go into each portal. Each side will need to kill an add while dodging purple circles, and then right-click the nearby totem once the add is dead.
- The boss will then pull everyone to him, and Bwonsamdi will damage him for 20% of his health for each totem that was clicked. If done correctly, you will only have to go through the portals twice. You will only have to do 10% of the boss's health yourself, because he is defeated at 10% health remaining and Bwonsamdi does 80% of his health via the totems.
In the Main Area
- Risen Warlord
- Quickly remove the enrage this mob casts on itself if capable. It gains double damage and is unable to die during the enrage ( Undying Rage).
- Death Speaker
In Hakkar's Area
- Atal'ai Devoted
- Focus kill and stun/CC these mobs quickly, or else they will turn into a "Son of Hakkar" add that does a ton of AoE damage.
- Atal'ai Deathwalker
- Quickly move away from their Bladestorm channel.
- When these mobs die, they turn into an untankable spirit that will slowly move toward and attack the player that is doing the most healing (probably the healer). The spirit will despawn after a few seconds.
In The Manastorms' Area
- Defunct Dental Drill
- Quickly line-of-sight the Haywire cast.
- Headless Client
- When these mobs start their Spinning Up channel, everyone but the tank should quickly move away from them. This cast does AoE damage to nearby players, but they will bounce off of the tank and stop the channel after a couple hits. Alternatively, they can be stunned/CC'ed to stop the channel.
- Volatile Memory
- These mobs explode while moving after a short cast, so make sure they are slowed/rooted and get away from them ( Volatile Capacitor).
In the Dealer's Area
- Weald Shimmermoth
- Quickly move away from their Soporific Shimmerdust cast. If you get hit by it, you get a debuff that makes it so you have to keep jumping to avoid falling asleep. This debuff can also be decursed.
- 13 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Suspensions Coming for Green Scepter Shard Griefing
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- The Great Vault Mythic Dungeons Item Choices Explained
- Patch 8.3.7 and Classic Hotfixes: July 31st
- Ectoplasmic Distiller Hotfix: July 31st
- Night Elf Male Blindfold Customization Option in Shadowlands
- Shadowlands Beta 9.0.1 Build 35360: Class Changes