Paladin Class Changes in Patch 9.0.5
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Holy Paladin Changes
- Holy Shock now costs 16% mana (was 14%).
Protection Paladin Changes
- Ardent Defender’s heal now has a visual effect.
Paladin Covenant Ability Changes
- Vanquisher's Hammer (Necrolord) now generates 1 Holy Power when used.
Paladin Conduit Changes
- The extra spells from Ringing Clarity now have a longer delay between hits. Additionally, area-of-effect Judgment hits from Divine Toll are no longer reduced by 25% in PvP, and Judgment triggered from Ringing Clarity is reduced by 33% in PvP.
- Virtuous Command no longer plays an attack animation when it triggers.
- Fixed an issue that caused the additional Templar's Verdict from Templar's Vindication to not deal damage based on the initial Templar’s Verdict.
Paladin Legendary Power Changes
General Paladin Legendary Powers
- Vanguard's Momentum increases Holy damage done by 4% (was 3%) for 10 seconds (was 8 seconds).
- Of Dusk and Dawn buff duration increased to 12 seconds (was 8 seconds) and Blessing of Dusk damage reduction increased to 4% (was 3%).
Holy Paladin Legendary Powers
- Inflorescence of the Sunwell increases Infusion of Light effects by 30% (was 20%).
- Maraad's Dying Breath's healing bonus to Light of the Martyr no longer increases self-damage taken. Additionally, Maraad's Dying Breath now causes all Light of the Martyr self-damage to be dealt over 5 seconds.
- Shadowbreaker, Dawn of the Sun buff duration increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds).
Protection Paladin Legendary Powers
- The Ardent Protector's Sanctum has been redesigned — When Ardent Defender saves you from death, it restores 40% additional health. When Ardent Defender expires without saving you from death, its remaining cooldown is reduced by 40% (was 60 seconds).
- Fixed an issue with The Ardent Protector's Sanctum that caused Ardent Defender casts to put nearby Protection Paladin’s Ardent Defender on cooldown.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Magistrate's Judgment to be consumed when casting a free Word of Glory through Shining Light.
Retribution Paladin Legendary Powers
- Final Verdict damage has been increased by 15%.
- The Magistrate's Judgment now grants the proper amount of Crusade stacks when Holy Power is spent while under its effect.
Paladin PvP Changes
- Divine Vision (Holy) now reduces the cooldown of Aura Mastery by 1 minute (was grants Shadow Resistance Aura).
- Ultimate Sacrifice (Holy) now causes Blessing of Sacrifice to last 6 seconds in addition to its existing effects.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Cleanse the Weak (PvP Talent) to not dispel multiple debuffs.
- Steed of Glory (Protection) will now grant immunity to roots and snares only (was all crowd controlling effects).
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Royal Decree Conduit from affecting Guardian of the Forgotten Queen (Protection PvP Talent).
- Fixed an issue that was causing the resurrection bonus from Ultimate Retribution (Retribution PvP Talent) to not be applied to the Paladin when an ally died.
More Patch 9.0.5 Class Changes
You can find other Patch 9.0.5 class changes linked below.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.0.5 release.
- 26 Feb. 2021: Updated for Build 37705.
- 21 Feb. 2021: Guide added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- J. Allen Brack's Internal Email to Blizzard Employees
- Domination Socket Helper Addon
- Sanctum of Domination Mythic Race: The Top 5
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 22nd
- Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Alleges Sexual Harrasment, Discrimination and More
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: July 21st
- Classic Torghast: 0 Score and Getting Stuck With Anima Power