Discipline Priest PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.2.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Discipline Priest (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Discipline Priest PvP Guide.
As a Discipline Priest in 2v2 arena you want to deal as much damage as possible in order to heal through Atonement as much as you can. That will allow to keep the pressure of your team high, and will give you even more globals to deal damage or purge the enemy as you will not need to hardcast heals. You also want to try and land a Psychic Scream or a Mind Control on the target your DPS is not attacking when they cannot be dispelled or purged. For instance, if you play with a Rogue you will fear the enemy DPS if the enemy healer gets stunned, or you will fear the enemy healer when the enemy DPS gets stunned. Last you need to pay close attention to enemy offensive cooldowns in order to use your own defensive cooldowns before the damage happens, as your cooldowns are made to mitigate incoming damage. Doing this properly will allow you to keep up with healing, and consequently keep doing damage.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Discipline Priest + Assassination Rogue/Subtlety Rogue/Outlaw Rogue;
- Discipline Priest + Feral Druid;
- Discipline Priest + Survival Hunter/Beast Mastery Hunter;
- Discipline Priest + Retribution Paladin;
- Discipline Priest + Windwalker Monk;
- Discipline Priest + Fury Warrior.
The way to play Discipline Priest in 3v3 is slightly different from 2v2 arena. Ideally you want to follow the same theory, but in practice there is too much damage to safely heal with Atonement at all times because there are two DPS in every team. This will force you to play slightly more like a standard healer and less like a hybrid support. It is very important to play aggressively because you will lose a lot of Mana in 3v3, a direct consequence of having to use your healing spells more. Having offensive pressure will allow you to complement your healing with a bit of Atonement, saving precious bits of Mana.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Jungle (Discipline Priest + Feral Druid + Survival Hunter/Beast Mastery Hunter);
- Discipline Priest + Retribution Paladin + Fury Warrior;
- RMP (Discipline Priest + Assassination Rogue/Subtlety Rogue + Fire Mage);
- Thug Cleave (Discipline Priest + Outlaw Rogue/Subtlety Rogue + Survival Hunter/Marksmanship Hunter);
- Cupid (Discipline Priest + Retribution Paladin + Survival Hunter/Beast Mastery Hunter);
- 28 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 04 Jul. 2022: Rewritten and further updated for Patch 9.2.5.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- Updated Best 3v3 Compositions.
- 23 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st