Discipline Priest PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Discipline Priest (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Discipline Priest PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you want to deal as much damage as you can when your DPS partner is using their burst rotation. Maintain Purge the Wicked on all enemies, including pets. Use Penance as soon as it is off cooldown. Use Dark Archangel when your partner is using their burst rotation for a large amount of damage. Have your teammate stun or slow the enemy healer so you can easily get a Psychic Scream on them. It is important to note that Discipline Priests are the only healer with multiple casting schools. What this means, is if you get interrupted while casting Shadow Mend, you can still use Power Word: Radiance or Power Word: Shield.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Discipline Priest + Assassination/Subtlety Rogue;
- Discipline Priest + Arms Warrior;
- Discipline Priest + Havoc Demon Hunter;
- Discipline Priest + Windwalker Monk;
- Discipline Priest + Fire Mage.
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You want to always be damaging to maintain pressure on the enemy team. Discipline Priests struggle when they fall behind, so you always want to stay ahead. Maintain and refresh your Purge the Wicked. Try to utilize Mind Control. If you are interrupted while channeling it, you can still cast your Holy spells. Remember to take advantage of having more than one casting school. There will be some match ups where you cannot cross the map to use Psychic Scream on the enemy healer. In those situations, use Psychic Scream on whichever DPS your team is not targeting.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP (Discipline Priest + Assassination/Subtlety Rogue + Fire Mage);
- Jungle(Discipline Priest + Feral Druid + Survival Hunter);
- Cupid (Discipline Priest + Retribution Paladin + Survival Hunter);
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- Updated Best 3v3 Compositions.
- 23 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- Shadowlands 9.2 Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings, Weeks 10 and 11
- Eyes of the Wolf Calia Menethil Quest in Patch 9.2.5
- Everything We Know About the Shrouded Affix in Shadowlands Season 4
- New Oribos Portals in Patch 9.2.5
- Patch 9.2.5 Build 43741: Achievement Changes
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 17th
- Patch 9.2.5 PTR Development Notes: May 17th