Discipline Priest PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / 9.1)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Discipline Priest (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Discipline Priest PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you want to deal as much damage as you can when your DPS partner is using their burst rotation. Maintain Purge the Wicked on all enemies, including pets. Use Penance as soon as it is off cooldown. Use Dark Archangel when your partner is using their burst rotation for a large amount of damage. Have your teammate stun or slow the enemy healer so you can easily get a Psychic Scream on them. It is important to note that Discipline Priests are the only healer with multiple casting schools. What this means, is if you get interrupted while casting Shadow Mend, you can still use Power Word: Radiance or Power Word: Shield.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Discipline Priest + Assassination/Subtlety Rogue;
- Discipline Priest + Havoc Demon Hunter;
- Discipline Priest + Windwalker Monk;
- Discipline Priest + Frost Mage/Fire Mage.
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You want to always be damaging to maintain pressure on the enemy team. Discipline Priests struggle when they fall behind, so you always want to stay ahead. Maintain and refresh your Purge the Wicked. Try to utilize Mind Control. If you are interrupted while channeling it, you can still cast your Holy spells. Remember to take advantage of having more than one casting school. There will be some match ups where you cannot cross the map to use Psychic Scream on the enemy healer. In those situations, use Psychic Scream on whichever DPS your team is not targeting.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP (Discipline Priest + Subtlety Rogue + Frost Mage);
- FireRMP (Disciple Priest + Assassination + Fire Mage);
- Jungle(Discipline Priest + Feral Druid + Survival Hunter);
- Cupid (Discipline Priest + Retribution Paladin + Survival Hunter);
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Best 2v2 Compositions.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Patch 9.1 and BCC Hotfixes: September 15th
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- New Fel Guardian Druid Mage Tower Appearance in Patch 9.1.5
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196 Affix Changes