Discipline Priest PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Discipline Priest in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Discipline Priest PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Discipline Priests in PvP
The stat priority for Discipline Priests in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it increasing your damage and healing done and reducing your damage taken. Haste is also an amazing stat as it reduces your global cooldown, increases your cast and channel speed, reduces the cooldown of important spells such as Power Word: Solace, and increases the tick rate of your DoT. Mastery is a flat healing increase to every target with Atonement.
You want to use PvP items as much as possible since they have increased item level in PvP combat. This is what your final gear should look like, including set pieces and crafted items :
- Head: Draconic Hierophant's Archcowl ( Crimson Gladiator's Silk Guise if you do not have that set piece)
- Neck: Crimson Gladiator's Necklace
- Shoulders: Draconic Hierophant's Wisdom ( Crimson Gladiator's Silk Mantle if you do not have that set piece)
- Cloak: Crimson Gladiator's Drape
- Chest: Draconic Hierophant's Vestment ( Crimson Gladiator's Silk Robe if you do not have that set piece)
- Wrists: Crimson Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Draconic Hierophant's Grips ( Crimson Gladiator's Silk Gloves if you do not have that set piece)
- Waist: Infurious Binding of Gesticulation ( Crimson Gladiator's Silk Cord if you do not have that crafted item)
- Legs: Infurious Legwraps of Possibility ( Crimson Gladiator's Silk Leggings if you do not have that crafted item)
- Feet: Drakebreaker's Boots
- Ring 1: Crimson Gladiator's Ring
- Ring 2: Signet of Titanic Insight
- Weapon: Crimson Gladiator's Staff
Note: it is essential to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will increase your Agility and Stamina, as well as reducing the duration of any incoming CC on you by 10%. This effect jumps to 15% if you have the correct crafted item, in our case Infurious Binding of Gesticulation.
Crimson Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them.
Crimson Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. The significant health increase will often save your life if you use it when the enemy team is bursting you down.
Crimson Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a good sustained damage and healing trinket. It will randomly give you a main stat buff. It is usually a good default pick when you don't need the Emblem to survive.
Crimson Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity is a powerful burst trinket. It gives you Intellect and has a relatively short cooldown, but is generally not as useful as the previous trinkets.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Discipline Priest:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Reserve of Intellect
- Wrists: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Legs: Temporal Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility/ Enchant Ring - Devotion of Haste (depending on which one you need most)
- Main Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
- Off Hand Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
One of your gems should be Resplendent Illimited Diamond, and all your remaining gems should be a combination of Versatility and Haste gems, depending on your current stat distribution. The gems are Stormy Malygite, Energized Malygite, Energized Ysemerald and Quick Ysemerald.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2022: Updated Enchants.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Added the 2nd crafted item in the recommended gear.
- 14 Dec. 2022: Corrected an error in the "Enchants" section.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 04 Jul. 2022: Rewritten and further updated for Patch 9.2.5.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- Removed Shard of Domination section.
- 23 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Riders of Azeroth Spotted in Zaralek Cavern in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of the Druid Crucible Raid Tier Set in Patch 10.1
- To-Do List for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Week #2
- World Boss Liskanoth Available on Live Servers During the Week of March 28th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes, March 27th: Class Tuning
- A Preview of Sporebat Rock Mounts in Patch 10.1
- A Preview of Death Knight Crucible Raid Set in Patch 10.1
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Week 1