Discipline Priest PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Discipline Priest in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Discipline Priest PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Discipline Priests in PvP
The stat priority for Discipline Priests in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Intellect is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it increasing your damage and healing done and reducing your damage taken. Though, you want to be around 30% Versatility and not overcap it since it will start to diminish from there on. Mastery is a flat healing increase to every target with Atonement. Haste is also an amazing stat as it reduces your global cooldown, increases your cast and channel speed, reduces the cooldown of important spells such as Power Word: Solace, and increases the tick rate of your DoT.
Note that the Season 1 Tier set bonuses are all nerfed by 50% in PvP scenarios. You want to use PvP items as much as possible since they have increased item level in PvP combat. This is what your final gear should look like, including set pieces and crafted items :
- Head: Crest of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Guise
- Neck: Verdant Gladiator's Pendant
- Shoulders: Shoulderguardians of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Mantle
- Cloak: Verdant Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Vibrant Wildercloth Vestments Embellishment 1 Blue Silken Lining
- Wrists: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Armbands
- Hands: Touch of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Gloves
- Waist: Vibrant Wildercloth Girdle Embellishment 2 Precognition
- Legs: Leggings of Lunar Communion / Verdant Gladiator's Silk Leggings
- Feet: Verdant Gladiator's Silk Treads
- Ring 1: Signet of Titanic Insight / Shadowflame Crafted with Versatility and Mastery on it
- Ring 2: Verdant Gladiator's Signet
- Weapon 1: Verdant Gladiator's Scepter.
- Weapon 2: Scalewarden's Flame.
Note: it is essential to wear two PvP trinkets. This will greatly increase your Agility and Stamina.
Verdant Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will use this trinket if you are stunned and will die in this stun, or on any form of CC if one of your teammates will die and you can save them.
Verdant Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you are the target. The significant health increase will often save your life if you use it when the enemy team is bursting you down.
Verdant Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity is a good sustained damage and healing trinket. It will randomly give you a main stat buff. It is usually a good default pick when you don't need the Emblem to survive.
Discipline Priest Tier Set
As noted above, acquiring both your 2-set and 4-set bonus is crucial. It is also important to note that ALL tier sets are nerfed by 50% in PvP. Although this nerf is significant, tier sets are still important to acquire to maximize your chances of winning. For Discipline Priest, this is your tier set:
- Priest Discipline 10.2 Class Set 2pc — Smite and Penance damage increased by 20%, and Smite extends the duration of an active Atonement by 2 sec. This is a great bonus that increases your damage output and extends Atonement healing
- Priest Discipline 10.2 Class Set 4pc — Smite has a 100% chance to cast an additional time during Shadow Covenant, dealing Shadow damage. This will increase your damage and healing output.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Discipline Priest:
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Homebound Speed
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Reserve of Intellect
- Wrists: Enchant Bracer - Devotion of Speed
- Waist: Shadowed Belt Clasp
- Legs: Temporal Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Plainsrunner's Breeze
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Devotion of Versatility
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon - Sophic Devotion
One of your gems should be Skillful Illimited Diamond, and all your remaining gems should be Zen Neltharite.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier Set section.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.5.
- 04 Jan. 2022: Updated Enchants.
- 21 Dec. 2022: Added the 2nd crafted item in the recommended gear.
- 14 Dec. 2022: Corrected an error in the "Enchants" section.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 04 Jul. 2022: Rewritten and further updated for Patch 9.2.5.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Tier-Set section.
- Removed Shard of Domination section.
- 23 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Updated Recommended Gear.
- Added Shards of Domination section.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Updated Stat Priority.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 30 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Detailed Zone Exploration of New Night Elf Capital City of Bel'ameth in Patch 10.2.5
- Weekly Catalyst Charges in Patch 10.2.5
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, November 29th
- Method World 3rd Fyrakk Mythic Kill and 9/9 Amirdrassil
- New Love is in the Air Armor Sets in Patch 10.2.5
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Dragonflight Season 3 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings: Week 2