Discipline Priest Healing Spec, Builds, and Talents — Dragonflight 10.1
On this page, you will find out the best talents for each tier for your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft — Dragonflight 10.1. We also have default talent lists for various types of content, such as raiding or Mythic+. If you play with Warmode on, we have your PvP talents covered as well.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Discipline Priest talents.
Talent Cheat Sheet for Discipline Priests
Mythic Plus Build
While optimizing talents on a contextual basis is the highly recommended method of setting up your build, the talent builds listed below work great for generalized purposes. To learn how to use active ability talents. Take a look at our Discipline Priest Rotation guide.
In Raid, the talent setup above is a good default setup for most situations. There is also an alternative build for raid provided that includes Twilight Equilibrium similar to how we played in previous patches. While the Twilight Equilibrium build technically comes out very slightly ahead in HPS, it is such a small amount that the flexibility and quality of life improvements in the gameplay of the default build should prove more valuable.
In Keys, the default recommendation is the best option available for HPS and general use. The alternative build provided that goes into the Inescapable Torment branch takes a slight loss in healing for higher potential AoE DPS.
|Build Name||Import Code|
|Default Full Shadow Build||BAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASaQItISJiQKJJRkEAAAAAAAAAAAIJNSLJSkCRiggSLSkEQA|
|Build Name||Import Code|
|Default TE + SCov + W&W||BAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIpkIBSiUiINpkkEhAAAAAAAAAAAAk0ItkIRaEJCCKtIRSAA|
|TE + SCov + IT/VS||BAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIpQSQLiUSSSTKJJJBAAAAAAAAAAAgk0IlkQkGRiggSLSkEAA|
In the following section, we will break down the more situational options or choices to be made within the talent tree. Talent nodes that have value but may not be good or generic enough to be played in all situations. If a talent node is not mentioned, it is due to it either being an instant pick already or too bad to ever take. Please refer to the above-linked talent builds if you are unsure of which category a talent falls into. If you are looking for a description of all talents/spells, please take a look at our spells page linked below:
Dungeon Specific Talents
Halls of Infusion
Affix Specific Talents
PvP Talents (War Mode)
In Shadowlands, there remains the option to go into "War Mode." Enabling War Mode provides the following benefits:
- PvP talents enabled in the outdoor world.
- 10% increase in World Quest rewards at maximum level.
- 10% more experience gained while leveling.
- Earn Conquest Points which can reward gear every week.
With the benefits of enabling War Mode for PvE content minimal in this expansion, it is not recommended to enable the feature, especially when within The Maw. War Mode remains an attractive option for leveling purposes due to the increased experience gain.
Discipline Priest War Mode Talents
In this section, we will rank the PvP talents best for leveling and doing solo / small group PvE content. Below is a ranking of Discipline Priest-specific PvP talents. For more information on what is valuable in a competitive PvP setting instead of open-world focused, please take a look at our PvP guide.
Discipline Priest PvP Talents
- Blaze of Light increases the damage of your Smite and Penance by 15% while also adding a slow/movespeed increase to Penance. This is a decent DPS increase, making soloing as Discipline easier.
- Inner Light and Shadow is a toggleable ability that grants you either 10% increased spell damage and Atonement healing or 15% less Mana cost on healing spells. Leaving this on the damage increase portion while leveling will result in a solid DPS and survivability gain.
- Eternal Rest reduces the cooldown of Shadow Word: Death by 12 seconds, giving you access to this powerful spell much more often.
- Dark Archangel increases your damage and the damage of all allies with your Atonement by 15% for 8 seconds. This is great for small group world content where giving your group a DPS buff will be more impactful than taking a small boost to your own damage via any of the above three talents.
Trinity, Dome of Light, Purification, Purified Resolve, Strength of Soul, and Ultimate Radiance, Archangel, Thoughtsteal, Cardinal Mending, Delivered from Evil, Precognition, and Catharsis have limited usefulness on PvE content in terms of increasing your damage in the open-world or healing in a small group setting.
- 06 May 2023: Updated to include Season 2 Dungeon Specific Talent Choices.
- 01 May 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.1.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 22 Jan. 2023: Updated talent recommendation for patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Fixed Talent Calculator M+ Link.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Priest Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- Dragonflight 10.1 Class Tuning: June 6th
- Dragonflight Patch 10.1 Hotfixes, June 1st
- Treasure Goblin Sets Portal Trap and Sends Players Away
- Mythic+ Tier List in Dragonflight Season 2 (Week 4)
- Dawn of the Infinite Megadungeon Drops Item Level 421 Loot on the 10.1.5 PTR
- New Headless Horseman Candy Bucket in Patch 10.1.5
- Kalimdor Cup Scheduled for August 15th
- A Video Overview of the June Trading Post Items