Discipline Priest PvP Best Races and Racials (Dragonflight / 10.0.7)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Discipline Priest PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Discipline Priest PvP
- Night Elf
Night Elf Racials
Night Elf is the best race on Alliance. The active racial ability, Shadowmeld can be used to immune incoming crowd control or to immune a dangerous cast with proper timing. You can also use it to leave combat in case you need an emergency drink to replenish your Mana. Being a Night Elf also provides you with two noteworthy passive abilities: Quickness, which grants you 2% extra movement speed and 2% dodge chance, and Touch of Elune, that increases either your Haste or Critical Strike by 1% depending on whether it is night or day.
Human is the second-best race on Alliance. The active racial ability, Will to Survive allows you to break free of a stun once every 3 minutes. This provides you with a different way out of CC to save either yourself or your team. As a healer, you will most likely always be in CC when the enemy team goes for a kill, so being able to get out of CC more often is very strong. The passive racial ability, The Human Spirit, increases all secondary stats by a small amount.
Best Horde Races for Discipline Priest PvP
Undead is the best race on Horde. The active racial ability, Will of the Forsaken allows you to break free of a fear effect once every two minutes. It is potent as it can act as a second trinket against Warlocks, Warriors or other Priests. Being an Undead also grants you the passive abilities Shadow Resistance, reducing Shadow damage taken by 1%, and Touch of the Grave, sometimes dealing a small amount of Shadow damage to your target and healing you for the same amount.
Pandaren is the second-best race on Horde. The active racial ability, Quaking Palm allows you to incapacitate a target for 4s. As Discipline Priest, you do not have any CC that shares Diminishing Returns with Quaking Palm. Therefore you can use it to secure a Psychic Scream. It can also be used defensively when you are silenced. You can also use a food buff in rated PvP.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 02 Jul. 2022: Updated Horde races.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.
- 23 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.
- 08 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 14 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Most Popular Specializations for Mythic+ in Dragonflight Season 1 (Week 15)
- Patch 10.0.7 Launch Meme Roundup
- An Overview of New Character Titles in Patch 10.1
- Blind Eye Options Available for All Races in Patch 10.1
- Vicious War Snail Mount in Patch 10.1
- Item Level of Rewards from Mythic+ and the Great Vault in Dragonflight Season 2
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th