Discipline Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.2
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.2.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Healer Priest gear and best in slot.
Trinkets for Discipline Priests
The ranking system is as follows:
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
- Instructor's Divine Bell (World Quest Reward)
- Soulletting Ruby (Kul'tharok in Theater of Pain)
- Empyreal Ordnance (Oryphrion in Spires of Ascension)
- First Class Healing Distributor (P.O.S.T. Master in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
- Unbound Changeling (Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe)
- Scrawled Word of Recall - see section below on this trinket (The Nine in Sanctum of Domination)
- Unchained Aspirant's Badge of Ferocity (Conquest Vendor)
- Inscrutable Quantum Device (Dealer Xy'exa in De Other Side)
- Moonlit Prism (Vault of the Wardens during Legion Timewalking
- Sinful Aspirant's Insignia of Alacrity (Conquest Vendor)
- Flask of the Solemn Night (Court of Stars during Legion Timewalking)
- Infernal Writ (Court of Stars during Legion Timewalking)
- So'leah's Secret Technique (Tazavesh, the Veiled Market)
- Boon of the Archon (Devos in Spires of Ascension)
- Forbidden Necromantic Tome (Kel'Thuzad in Sanctum of Domination)
- Titanic Ocular Gland (The Eye of the Jailer in Sanctum of Domination)
- Infinitely Divisible Ooze (Margrave Stradama in Plaguefall)
- Satchel of Misbegotten Minions (Surgeon Stitchflesh in The Necrotic Wake)
- Overflowing Anima Cage (Executor Tarvold in Sanguine Depths)
- Vial of Spectral Essence (Dessia the Decapitator in Theater of Pain)
- Lingering Sunmote (Grand Proctor Beryllia in Sanguine Depths)
- Siphoning Phylactery Shard (Nalthor the Rimebinder in The Necrotic Wake)
- Tome of Monstrous Constructions (The Tarragrue in Sanctum of Domination
- Sunblood Amethyst (High Adjudicator Aleez in Halls of Atonement)
- Tome of Insight (Assorted Korthia activities
- Soul Cage Fragment (Mor'geth the World Boss)
Scrawled Word of Recall
This trinket is conditionally good based on a variety of factors such as utilzing the The Penitent One legendary and having the 4 piece tier set bonus active. Take a look at our raid guide linked below for when this trinket can be used.
Discipline Priest has a few different Legendary powers that are likely to be used based on the content you are attempting to complete. Check out our legendary page for more in depth discussion on our legendary choices.
For a more detailed dive into the Legendary Crafting system, take a look at our Runecarving guide!
Tier Set for Discipline Priests
The following bonuses can be found on the 9.2 Tier Set for Discipline Priest:
- Discipline Priest 2-Piece — Casting Power Word: Shield or Shadow Mend has a 15% chance to make your next cast of Shadow Mend have no cost or cast time. The Atonement applied by these Shadow Mend casts grant 2 extra seconds of atonement.
- Discipline Priest 4-Piece — Power of the Dark Side increases the effectiveness of Penance by an additional 45% and is triggered when Power Word: Radiance is cast.
The two piece tier set bonus causes no rotational gameplay changes. The four piece bonus, however, will result in a variety of rotational changes. Please refer to the rotation page of the guide on how best to utilize this bonus.
When attempting to aquire the various pieces of tier, priotize getting any piece you can to activate the set bonuses. Eventually, due to a pair of higher item level gloves that are available from The Jailer in the Sepulcher of the First Ones, we recommend aquiring the Helm, Shoulders, Chest, and Pants as your four pieces of tier.
By utilizing a new feature in 9.2 called Creation Catalyst, you can upgrade any Season 3 piece of gear into tier gear, including keeping its upgrade path, sockets, or tertiary.
Best in Slot List for Discipline Priests
Due to Leech and our overall closely-ranked secondary stats, your choice as to what piece would be best in slot is very much case by case. There are no set recommendations for overall items to aim for in the new raid tier as a result. Outside of Leech and Sockets, your goal should be to target the highest item level gear available and following the stat priority presented on equal item level gear.
Domination Shards and Sockets
As of patch 9.2, Domination Shards and Sockets are no longer active in current content and not relevant.
Other Sockets in Shadowlands
In Shadowlands, only your Helm, Rings, Necks, Bracers, and Belts can have a socket on them. When a piece of gear in that slot drops, there is a chance for it to already have a socket in it.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Added section for Legion Timewalking Trinkets.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Updated post trinket tuning.
- 01 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket ranking.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Feb. 2021: Updated Trinket Ranking.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Added initial Trinket Rankings prior to the release of Castle Nathria.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Shadowlands Socket information, removed BFA trinkets, and added Legendary mention.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- New Heartbond Lupine Flying Animation in Patch 9.2.5
- Cool New Patch 9.2.5 Windrunner Easter Egg
- Kalimdorathon: Running Kalimdor from South to North IRL
- Patch 9.2.5 Survival Guide - Everything Coming in the World of Warcraft Update
- The Ultimate Silvermoonception
- World First Hardcore Level 99 in Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder Season 1
- Bird's Eye View of Various World of Warcraft Maps
- Enigma Arena Changes