Discipline Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. Trinkets for Discipline Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal.
For more in-depth information and the math behind the trinket rankings, please check out the Discipline Priest Spreadsheet.
The ranking system is as follows:
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
Any trinket not listed in one of the above tiers provides no increase in healing output, or significant utility, though some may increase damage dealt.
1.1. S Tier
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss)
- Incessantly Ticking Clock (World Quest)
- Dinobone Charm (World Quest)
- Leyshock's Grand Compilation (World Drop)
- Emblem of Zandalar (World Quest)
- Galewind Chimes (World Quest)
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm)
- Eternal Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
1.2. A Tier
- Drust-Runed Icicle (Hailstone Construct, World Boss)
- Dread Gladiator's Insignia (PvP)
- Gilded Loa Figurine (World Quest)
- Twitching Tentacle of Xalzaix (Mythrax)
- Crest of Pa'ku (Conclave of the Chosen, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Doom's Hatred (The Lion's Roar, Horde only World Boss)
- Lion's Grace (Doom's Howl, Alliance only World Boss)
- Incandescent Sliver (Opulence, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Ward of Envelopment (Champion of the Light, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Moonstone of Zin-Azshari (World Quest)
- Pearl Diver's Compass (World Quest)
- T'zane's Barkspines (T'zane, World Boss)
- First Mate's Spyglass (World Quest)
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor)
1.3. B Tier
- Inoculating Extract (Vectis)
- Azurethos' Singed Plumage (Azurethos, The Winged Typhoon, World Boss)
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor)
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar)
- Mirror of Entwined Fate (King Rastakhan, Battle of Dazar'alor)
- Dread Gladiator's Medallion (PvP)
1.4. C Tier
- Ancient Knot of Wisdom (Ivus the Decayed, World Boss)
- Plunderbeard's Flask (World Quest)
- Balefire Branch (Soulbound Goliath, Waycrest Manor)
- Dread Gladiator's Badge (PvP)
- Dread Gladiator's Emblem (PvP)
- Endless Tincture of Fractional Power (Alchemy)
- Darkmoon Deck: Tides (Inscription)
2. Best in Slot List for Discipline Priests in Battle of Dazar'alor
Due to Titanforging, Warforging and sockets, your choice as to what piece would be best in slot is very much case by case. There are no set recommendations for items to aim for in the new raid tier as a result.
3. Unique Loot in Crucible of Storms
Several new items were added in Crucible of Storms with special effects on them, instead of or in addition to the usual secondary stats. Each of these items works out to be worth around the same as a regular item with just secondary stats of the same item-level, with the slight variance based on how well you use the unique effect on the Crucible of Storms items.
- Fathom Dredgers grants you a shield absorbing some incoming damage for 8 seconds for every 10,000 Mana you spend. This effect provides reliable healing, presuming you are taking enough damage to use up the absorb shield each time it is applied.
- Pillar of the Drowned Cabal places a ward on a friendly target for 1.5 minutes, which is consumed upon them taking a large single hit, healing the target. This heal is slightly more than the damage taken to trigger it, providing good value so long as it is used regularly. Taking this amount of damage in a single hit should not be an issue on most fights.
- Malformed Herald's Legwraps creates a fissure below you for 12 seconds that grants Haste while standing in it, moving out of the fissure causes it to explode and damage you. This effect can work very well within an Evangelism window, but will rely on no movement requirements during that window to be worth it.
- Void Stone places a buff on a friendly target that will absorb a large amount of damage or healing received for the next 12 seconds. This trinket has great potential, but could be difficult to time well in some circumstances so that the majority of the absorb is incoming damage.
- Zaxasj's Deepstriders increases your Speed by 200 for every 20% health you are missing, up to 600 speed. Because these boots almost have the full secondary stat allocation, the movement speed is mostly a bonus, but may often be wasted.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Updated page to include gear from Crucible of Storms.
- 03 Apr. 2019: Updated trinket rankings and added a link to source spreadsheet.
- 23 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings.
- 19 Jan. 2019: Updated page for the Battle for Dazar'alor raid.
- 25 Dec. 2018: Updated Trinket ranking image.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated page for Patch 8.1.
- 29 Oct. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 10 Aug. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth expansion.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Replaced Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish with Muze's Unwavering Will for preferred leveling Legendary.
- 28 Jul. 2018: Added prepatch and leveling legendary recommendations.
- Vulpera Coming in Patch 8.2.5?
- Kevin Johnson Leaves Blizzard
- Upcoming Item Level Increase for World Quest Rewards
- WoW Classic Internal Alpha Has Begun
- Bee Mounts Finally Coming in Patch 8.2?
- Patch 8.2: Zandalari Moonkin & Raptor Dance Animations
- Patch 8.2: Vision of Perfection Essence Explained
- Patch 8.1.5 Hotfixes: April 18th
- Outlaw Rogue 8.1
- Gold Making Q & A Streams
- Gold making: Beginner professions
- Picking a profession in BfA
- BFA Weakauras -- WIP
- Druid Leveling Guide
- Question about WoW hardware requirements
- Elemental Shaman 8.1