Discipline Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
Trinkets for Discipline Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal. Only the easy to get trinkets are listed below. If you get a more obscure trinket and do not see it on the list below, check the spreadsheet for the full listing.
For more in-depth information and the math behind the trinket rankings, please check out the Discipline Priest Spreadsheet.
The ranking system is as follows:
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
Any trinket not listed in one of the above tiers or in the spreadsheet provides no increase in healing output, or significant utility, though some may increase damage dealt.
- Void-Twisted Titanshard and Vita-Charged Titanshard set (Ra-den the Despoiled)
- Forbidden Obsidian Claw (Maut)
- Manifesto of Madness (N'Zoth the Corruptor)
- Peerless Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
- Oozing Coagulum (Il'gynoth, Corruption Reborn)
- Void-Twisted Titanshard (Ra-den the Despoiled)
- Humming Black Dragonscale (Wrathion, the Black Emperor)
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor)
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm)
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor)
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss)
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar)
Best in Slot List for Discipline Priests in Ny'alotha
Due to Corruption, sockets, and our overall close ranked secondary stats your choice as to what piece would be best in slot is very much case by case. There are no set recommendations for overall items to aim for in the new raid tier as a result.
The following combination of Azerite gear is looking to be the most desirable for a default setup:
- Robes of Unreality - Chestpiece drops from The Prophet Skitra
- Spaulders of Miasmic Mycelia - Shoulders drops from the Carapace of N'Zoth
- Visage of Nightmarish Machinations - Helm drops from N'Zoth the Corruptor
Titanforging has been replaced with Corruption. Instead of proccing item levels, you will now gain random bonus effects with also give you corruption. At certain corruption levels you will gain negative effects.
Our current recommendation for Corrupted items is to target items with Leech first when possible followed by any flat secondary effects.
For a complete look at the new Corruption mechanic, take a look at the following Corruption Page.
Sockets in 8.3
A new item has been added in 8.3 that will allow you to force a socket onto a piece of gear. Due to the cost of the item, we are currently expecting this to be a longer term goal and not something that you'll be able to do on every new piece of gear you get. Keep in mind that you can not add a socket to your neck, Azerite Armor, the new Legendary Cloak, items that already have a socket, or any gear not from patch 8.3
For a complete look at how to acquire this new item, take a look at our Horrific Visions Page.
- 14 Jan. 2020: Updated for Patch 8.3.
- 30 Jul. 2019: Updated trinket, Benthic, and unique loot section to reflect current rankings.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 May 2019: Updated page after peer review.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Updated page to include gear from Crucible of Storms.
- 03 Apr. 2019: Updated trinket rankings and added a link to source spreadsheet.
- 23 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings.
- 19 Jan. 2019: Updated page for the Battle for Dazar'alor raid.
- 25 Dec. 2018: Updated Trinket ranking image.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated page for Patch 8.1.
- 29 Oct. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 10 Aug. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth expansion.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Replaced Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish with Muze's Unwavering Will for preferred leveling Legendary.
- 28 Jul. 2018: Added prepatch and leveling legendary recommendations.
- End of Fall of the Lich King Remastered Cinematic
- How Addons Affect Raid Design - A Morgan Day Interview
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Horde Players (US)
- Class Balance Changes: February 25th
- Horrific Visions Changes Coming on February 25
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront Available for Alliance Players (EU)
- Don't Forget to Opt In for Shadowlands Beta
- Patch 8.3 Hotfixes: February 20th
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide
- Fire Mage PvP 8.3
- Knight85's home for probably stupid questions
- Fury Warrior 8.3
- Assassination Rogue 8.3
- Frost Death Knight PvP 8.3
- Titan Research Archive
- Unholy Aoe Question