Discipline Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.2.5.
Trinkets for Discipline Priests
The following is a ranking of trinkets, aimed at use in a raid environment. These rankings are formulated with all trinkets at the same item level. Due to how close in value most trinkets in each tier are, generally it is the higher item level that will decide which one is optimal. Only the easy to get trinkets are listed below. If you get a huge titanforge on a more obscure trinket and do not see it on the list below, check the spreadsheet for the full listing.
For more in-depth information and the math behind the trinket rankings, please check out the Discipline Priest Spreadsheet.
The ranking system is as follows:
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
Any trinket not listed in one of the above tiers or in the spreadsheet provides no increase in healing output, or significant utility, though some may increase damage dealt.
- Deferred Sentence (The Queen's Court, The Eternal Palace)
- Luminous Jellyweed (Blackwater Behemoth, The Eternal Palace)
- Azshara's Font of Power (Queen Azshara, The Eternal Palace)
- Ascended Alchemist Stone (Alchemy)
- Conch of Dark Whispers (Vol'zith the Whisperer, Shrine of the Storm)
- Ignition Mage's Fuse (Knight Captain Valyri, Tol Dagor)
- Fangs of Intertwined Essence (Avatar of Sethraliss, Temple of Sethraliss)
- Za'qul's Portal Key (Za'qul, Harbinger of Ny'alotha, The Eternal Palace)
- Lady Waycrest's Music Box (Lord and Lady Waycrest, Waycrest Manor)
- Revitalizing Voodoo Totem (Vol'kaal, Atal'Dazar)
Pocket-Sized Computation Device
While this trinket is fairly poor from a healing standpoint, the red punchcard Cyclotronic Blast is an insanely powerful DPS cooldown. This damage is amplified by Schism and can contribute a very large amount of DPS for a very small investment. The damage from this trinket DOES NOT heal through Atonement.
Best in Slot List for Discipline Priests in Battle of Dazar'alor
Due to Titanforging, Warforging and sockets, your choice as to what piece would be best in slot is very much case by case. There are no set recommendations for items to aim for in the new raid tier as a result.
Of the Benthic gear available to healers, none of the bonus effects are particularly strong. It is suggested that you focus your upgrades on improving your item level in low item level slots, and on your Benthic items with sockets and/or Leech. Both sockets and Leech add significant value to the item slot, usually 5-10 item levels or more each.
Unique Loot in Patch 8.2
- Anu-Azshara, Staff of the Eternal, as well as all of the unique Queen Azshara loot, has an extremely powerful effect in addition to the normal amount of stats for its item level. This effect, when procced intentionally at a good time, can contribute a massive amount of healing akin to an extra raid-wide healing cooldown. This staff should be worn if you have it outside of extreme item level disparity.
- Handguards of the Highest-Born gain the extra Storm of the Eternal in addition to the normal stat budget of the item making it more powerful than an equal item level option.
- Slippers of the Sorceress-Queen gain the extra Storm of the Eternal in addition to the normal stat budget of the item making it more powerful than an equal item level option.
- Neural Synapse Enhancer has the added effect at the loss of the normal stat budget on the item. Because of this, its value is similar to that of and equal item level weapon. Use it if you have it and it is your highest item level option, but its nothing to look for specifically.
- Hyperthread Wristwraps lose all secondary stats for a fairly low impact effect. Do not use these bracers.
- 30 Jul. 2019: Updated trinket, Benthic, and unique loot section to reflect current rankings.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 12 May 2019: Updated page after peer review.
- 16 Apr. 2019: Updated page to include gear from Crucible of Storms.
- 03 Apr. 2019: Updated trinket rankings and added a link to source spreadsheet.
- 23 Feb. 2019: Updated trinket rankings.
- 19 Jan. 2019: Updated page for the Battle for Dazar'alor raid.
- 25 Dec. 2018: Updated Trinket ranking image.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated page for Patch 8.1.
- 29 Oct. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 12 Sep. 2018: Updated trinket rankings.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 10 Aug. 2018: Updated for the Battle for Azeroth expansion.
- 08 Aug. 2018: Replaced Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish with Muze's Unwavering Will for preferred leveling Legendary.
- 28 Jul. 2018: Added prepatch and leveling legendary recommendations.
- The 15-year WoW Anniversary Event Starts this Week!
- BlizzCon 2019 in 3 Minutes
- Pathfinder Removal for Old Expansions in Shadowlands (Speculation)
- The Mysterious Jailer is the Main Villain in Shadowlands
- MMO-Champion BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Dying & Corpse Running in the Shadowlands
- MrGM BlizzCon 2019 Interview
- Tier Sets Won't Be Returning in WoW Shadowlands
- 15-Year Anniversary Event
- Warlock Leveling Guide
- Rogue Leveling Guide
- Venthyr Covenant
- Night Fae Covenant
- Necrolord Covenant
- Kyrian Covenant
- Covenants Hub