Discipline Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.1.5.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Healer Priest gear and best in slot.
Trinkets for Discipline Priests
The ranking system is as follows:
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
- Instructor's Divine Bell (World Quest Reward)
- Soulletting Ruby (Kul'tharok in Theater of Pain)
- Empyreal Ordnance (Oryphrion in Spires of Ascension)
- Forbidden Necromantic Tome (Kel'Thuzad in Sanctum of Domination)
- Shadowed Orb of Torment (Remnant of Ner'zhul in Sanctum of Domination)
- Unbound Changeling (Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe)
- Unchained Aspirant's Badge of Ferocity (Conquest Vendor)
- First Class Healing Distributor (P.O.S.T. Master in Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
- Inscrutable Quantum Device (Dealer Xy'exa in De Other Side)
- Titanic Ocular Gland (The Eye of the Jailer in Sanctum of Domination)
- Sinful Aspirant's Insignia of Alacrity (Conquest Vendor)
- Carved Ivory Keepsake (Fatescribe Roh-Kalo in Sanctum of Domination
- Resonant Silver Bell (Kel'Thuzad in Sanctum of Domination
- Cabalist's Hymnal (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria)
- Tome of Insight (Assorted Korthia activities
- Soul Cage Fragment (Mor'geth the World Boss)
- Vial of Spectral Essence (Dessia the Decapitator in Theater of Pain)
- Lingering Sunmote (Grand Proctor Beryllia in Sanguine Depths)
- Siphoning Phylactery Shard (Nalthor the Rimebinder in The Necrotic Wake)
- Scrawled Word of Recall (The Nine in Sanctum of Domination)
- Boon of the Archon (Devos in Spires of Ascension)
- Overflowing Anima Cage (Executor Tarvold in Sanguine Depths)
- Macabre Sheet Music (The Council of Blood in Castle Nathria)
- Manabound Mirror (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria)
- Ebonsoul Vise (Painsmith Raznal in Sanctum of Domination
- Infinitely Divisible Ooze (Margrave Stradama in Plaguefall)
- Satchel of Misbegotten Minions (Surgeon Stitchflesh in The Necrotic Wake)
- Tome of Monstrous Constructions (The Tarragrue in Sanctum of Domination
- Glyph of Assimilation (Artificer Xy'Mox in Castle Nathria)
- Darkmoon Deck: Putrescence (Crafted)
- Darkmoon Deck: Repose (Crafted)
- Sunblood Amethyst (High Adjudicator Aleez in Halls of Atonement)
- Soul Igniter (Sun King's Salvation in Castle Nathria)
- Dreadfire Vessel (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria)
- Consumptive Infusion (Hungering Destroyer in Castle Nathria)
Legion Timewalking Trinkets
As of now, none of the trinkets available from Legion Timewalking are better than the easily farmable options from Shadowlands.
Discipline Priest has a few different Legendary powers that are likely to be used based on the content you are attempting to complete. Check out our legendary page for more in depth discussion on our legendary choices.
For a more detailed dive into the Legendary Crafting system, take a look at our Runecarving guide!
Best in Slot List for Discipline Priests
Due to Leech and our overall closely-ranked secondary stats, your choice as to what piece would be best in slot is very much case by case. There are no set recommendations for overall items to aim for in the new raid tier as a result. Outside of Leech and Sockets, your goal should be to target the highest item level gear available and following the stat priority presented on equal item level gear.
A current patch exception to the above is to ensure you have five pieces of gear that contain Domination Sockets. As a Cloth wearer, Domination Sockets are available in the following slots:
Domination Shards and Sockets
The following five Shards are the recommended Domination Shards to slot into your Domination Sockets:
- Shard of Zed (Unholy set)
- Shard of Dyz (Unholy set)
- Shard of Oth (Unholy set)
- Shard of Rev (Blood set)
- Shard of Kyr (Frost set)
Utilizing the above Shards will grant you the Chaos Bane set bonus as well as using the two remaining shards providing the highest healing-per-second. Note that the Unholy set Shards listed above are very poor on their own without the set bonus. It is recommended to slot Shard of Rev and Shard of Kyr over the first three if you only have 2 sockets available.
If you would like to know more about the remaining Domination Shards' effects, their set bonuses, or how to upgrade their effects into even more potent forms, please see our official guide detailing everything about this new system of Patch 9.1:
Other Sockets in Shadowlands
In Shadowlands, only your Helm, Rings, Necks, Bracers, and Belts can have a socket on them. When a piece of gear in that slot drops, there is a chance for it to already have a socket in it. If you are not lucky enough to have your gear drop with a socket already, you can purchase a Alloy-Warping Facetor in the Maw, allowing you to add a socket to an item without one.
- 01 Nov. 2021: Added section for Legion Timewalking Trinkets.
- 14 Jul. 2021: Updated post trinket tuning.
- 01 Jul. 2021: Updated trinket ranking.
- 29 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Feb. 2021: Updated Trinket Ranking.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Added initial Trinket Rankings prior to the release of Castle Nathria.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Shadowlands Socket information, removed BFA trinkets, and added Legendary mention.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Shadowlands PvP Season 3 Gladiator Mount Preview
- Shadowlands PvP Season 3 Gladiator Mount Will Use Red-Tinted Model
- The Fastest Claws on Azeroth: 520% Haste Bear
- A Preview of All Mythic Class Tier Sets in Patch 9.2
- A Preview of Wasp Mounts in Patch 9.2
- Level 14 Ganking Level 30s with NPCs in Season of Mastery
- Opening the Sepulcher of the First Ones Cutscene
- 9.1.5 Sanctum of Domination DPS Log Rankings, Week 4: Havoc Still Strong, Frost DKs on the Rise