Discipline Priest Healing Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Discipline Priest in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic Healer Priest gear and best in slot.
Trinkets for Discipline Priests
Most Shadowlands trinkets are still being tuned and have not been tested in a raid or dungeon environment. Continue to check back for updated rankings as the tier progresses.
The ranking system is as follows:
- S Tier: the strongest and most generally useful trinkets; these are always good choices.
- A Tier: these trinkets are slightly weaker than the S Tier traits, but are still solid choices.
- B Tier: a below-average trinket that should be picked only in the absence of an S or A Tier trinket.
- C Tier: a weak trinket that provides very little healing output or other utility and should be avoided if possible.
- Cabalist's Hymnal (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria)
- Soulletting Ruby (Kul'tharok in Theater of Pain)
- Sinful Aspirant's Badge of Ferocity (Conquest Vendor)
- Unbound Changeling (Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe)
- Sinful Aspirant's Insignia of Alacrity (Conquest Vendor)
- Macabre Sheet Music (The Council of Blood in Castle Nathria)
- Manabound Mirror (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria)
- Inscrutable Quantum Device (Dealer Xy'exa in De Other Side)
- Dreadfire Vessel (Sire Denathrius in Castle Nathria)
- Vial of Spectral Essence (Dessia the Decapitator in Theater of Pain)
- Lingering Sunmote (Grand Proctor Beryllia in Sanguine Depths)
- Siphoning Phylactery Shard (Nalthor the Rimebinder in The Necrotic Wake)
- Glyph of Assimilation (Artificer Xy'Mox in Castle Nathria)
- Boon of the Archon (Devos in Spires of Ascension)
- Overflowing Anima Cage (Executor Tarvold in Sanguine Depths)
- Infinitely Divisible Ooze (Margrave Stradama in Plaguefall)
- Satchel of Misbegotten Minions (Surgeon Stitchflesh in The Necrotic Wake)
- Darkmoon Deck: Putrescence (Crafted)
- Darkmoon Deck: Repose (Crafted)
- Sunblood Amethyst (High Adjudicator Aleez in Halls of Atonement)
- Soul Igniter (Sun King's Salvation in Castle Nathria)
- Empyreal Ordnance (Oryphrion in Spires of Ascension)
- Consumptive Infusion (Hungering Destroyer in Castle Nathria)
Discipline Priest has a few different Legendary powers that are likely to be used based on the content you are attempting to complete. Check out our legendary page for more in depth discussion on our legendary choices.
For a more detailed dive into the Legendary Crafting system, take a look at our Runecarving guide!
Best in Slot List for Discipline Priests
Due to leech and our overall closely-ranked secondary stats, your choice as to what piece would be best in slot is very much case by case. There are no set recommendations for overall items to aim for in the new raid tier as a result. Outside of Leech and Sockets, your goal should be to target the highest item level gear available and following the stat priority presented on equal item level gear.
Sockets in Shadowlands
In Shadowlands, only your Helm, Rings, Necks, Bracers, and Belts can have a socket on them. When a piece of gear in that slot drops, there is a chance for it to already have a socket in it. If you are not lucky enough to have your gear drop with a socket already, you can purchase a Spatial Realignment Apparatus from Ve'nari in the Maw, allowing you to add a socket to an item without one.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Feb. 2021: Updated Trinket Ranking.
- 08 Dec. 2020: Added initial Trinket Rankings prior to the release of Castle Nathria.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Added Shadowlands Socket information, removed BFA trinkets, and added Legendary mention.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Castle Nathria 9.0.5 DPS Log Rankings and Analysis, Week 5: Boss Damage Only Rankings Added
- Player Loots One of the Rarest Item in WoW
- A Different Kind of AFK Story
- WoW Patch Timeline from Vanilla to Shadowlands Patch 9.1
- Potentially Infinite Breath of Sindragosa Bug
- Elwynn Forest Without the Trees
- Covenants Per Spec in Castle Nathria and Mythic+ for Top Players
- Animated Ulna World Quest Up on US Servers!