Fury Warrior DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Dragonflight 10.0.7
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Fury Warrior in World of Warcraft Dragonflight 10.0.7.
If you were looking for WotLK Classic content, please refer to our WotLK Classic Fury Warrior gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Fury Warrior
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Fury Warrior; this section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear for which you need gems and enchant advice, you can find everything on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Fury Warrior
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and layers of optimization that you can apply to your character that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose talents, stats, trinkets, and combinations in a way tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to consider all the variables. This is exceptionally important for regular armor pieces, as each piece and stat swap will shift around the other gear pieces and stats your character will need. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to consider all the variables.
The Droptimizer feature from Raidbots lets you identify which dungeons and Raid Bosses you should spend your Bonus Rolls on. It simulates all of the potential upgrades in a raid or a dungeon, and lists the bosses/dungeons by rank order of how much DPS you can expect to gain from bonus rolling on it. We have a guide for it that you can access using the link below.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below.
Many people overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item-level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item-level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear. For more stats information, please refer to our dedicated page.
The Onyx Annulet and Primordial Stone Gems
The Onyx Annulet is a new ring obtained within The Forgotten Reach in Patch 10.0.7, which can be socketed with three special Primordial Stone Gems, each of which offer a range of unique damage, healing, defensive, or utility effects. Unlike power progression systems of the past, it is designed as a catch up mechanic available to all players in the current season, meant to be replaced shortly after the launch of Season 2 in Patch 10.1, rather than a major power system carried forward through an entire raid tier or Mythic Plus season of gameplay.
While the exact power of the ring and its gems has not yet been fully explored, most of the effects are single target oriented, so you may consider using a high item level ring for heavmultitarget instead. That said, we have a few guidelines for prioritizing gems in your Annulet. Remember that you can obtain multiple copies of each gem and so feel free to experiment with new combinations as you obtain them!
For more information regarding the Onyx Annulet, the Primordial Gemstones, and how to obtain them, check out our dedicated guide for it below.
Vault of the Incarnates Tier Set
The Fury Warrior tier set from Vault of the Incarnates is weaker than sets of the past, though its bonuses are still very much worth using for and should still be collected as soon as possible.
The Fury Warrior 2pc is a minor damage increase to Execute, while the Fury Warrior 4pc increases the proc rate of Sudden Death from 1.7 to 4.25 RPPM. This will allow Execute to be used much more frequently, best used alternating with Rampage to avoid wasting Rage.
Trinkets for Fury Warriors
Due to how strong trinkets can sometimes be, they are not always easily accessible from Mythic+, raiding, and PvP sources. We always recommend using Raidbots' Top Gear to determine what your optimal trinkets are. The notes and rankings below give a general guideline to what you may want to aim for, split between raiding and dungeon content. The trinket priority shifts based on AoE and single target.
Note that class damage buffs and debuffs such as Enrage do not increase the damage of non-class spells, such as potions, enchants, or trinket damage.
Bloodmallet.com also provides rankings for Dragonflight trinkets to give a general overview of relative power levels, and things to look out for:
Class damage buffs and debuffs such as Enrage do not increase the damage of non-class spells, such as potions, enchants, and trinket damage.
This trinket list compares all current trinkets at various equal item levels as a guideline to help prioritize upgrades. Care should be taken when assessing your pieces should they vary in item level or bonuses. As always, simming your gear is recommended.
Useful Trinkets For Dungeon and Raid Content
- Manic Grieftorch from Broodkeeper Diurna is a powerful single target on-use channel that does exceptionally high fire damage on a 2 minute cooldown, reduced by 90 seconds if anyone in the group dies. Although it requires a channel, it does not benefit from buffs such as Enrage or Avatar, meaning that you can safely use it outside of cooldown windows.
- Whispering Incarnate Icon from The Primal Council provides a large flat amount of Critical Strike with a bonus proc while tank or healer allies are also using the same trinket.
- Algeth'ar Puzzle Box from Algeth'ar Academy remains an excellent trinket providing a massive amount of Mastery for 20 seconds every 3 minutes, aligning perfectly with every other set of cooldowns. While it requires a short pre-cast, it remains invaluable for burst AoE situations.
- Windscar Whetstone from Court of Stars is a powerful AoE damage on-use, very good for dealing with groups of enemies, without requiring a channel time like the Puzzle Box. While not quite as good, being able to use it without interrupting your rotation makes it much easier to use, and it does not need to be synced with cooldowns to make full use of it.
Weapons for Fury Warriors
Fury Warriors are unique in that they can dual wield either one or two-handed weapons, using the Single-Minded Fury (SMF) or Titan's Grip (TG) passive abilities. In almost every case, two-handed weapons are strictly better and should be prioritized, even when SMF is talented. To facilitate this, players can change their loot spec to Arms to avoid looting one-handed weapons (except world quests, whose rewards are randomly generated based on the class) without affecting the rest of their loot table.
An exception to this rule can occur when your one-handed weapons are significantly higher item level. In that case, it is better to simply sim your available options. Special effect weapons can also affect this decision-making, although the only special effect weapon available in Season 1 of Dragonflight is Strike Twice, which has a weak effect that is more for flavor than performance.
Jewelry for Fury Warriors
Fury will have a few pieces that you will prefer due to procs, but outside of these pieces, the priority comes down to your stats, where sims will cover what your character needs. The few pieces of unique jewelry we will be looking to acquire will be covered in the list below.
- Elemental Lariat, crafted by jewelcrafters, has a very potent stat proc, and is generally one of the best crafted pieces available. Keep in mind that it is an Embellished item, however, of which only two can be equipped across all of your gear.
- Jeweled Signet of Melandrus from Court of Stars increases auto-attack damage, which makes up a non-negligible amount of the Fury damage profile. More importantly, the special effect does not count against the item's secondary stat budget, making it better than most other rings, even in multitarget situations where auto-attack damage is not as relevant.
- Seal of Diurna's Chosen from Eranog in Vault of the Incarnates has a single target damage proc, which can be triggered by Manic Grieftorch, though the secondary stats are rather poor and may need to catch up compared to more competitively itemized pieces.
Valor and Item Upgrades
You can obtain the Valor currency from various activities in Dragonflight. After earning enough of it, you can use Valor to upgrade any item obtained from a Mythic dungeon of any difficulty up to a cap based on your current Mythic+ Rating. Remember, only dungeon items can be upgraded with this currency.
- 20 Mar. 2023: Updated with Onyx Annulet information for Patch 10.0.7.
- 24 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 28 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight launch.
- 25 Oct. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
More Warrior Guides
Guides from Other Classes
- World Boss Bazual Available During the Week of March 22nd
- Baine Cutscene in Patch 10.0.7
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 21st
- Orc and Human Heritage Armor Cutscenes
- Primordial Stones in PvP
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Known Issues
- Everything You Need to Know About Patch 10.0.7
- Class Guides Updated for Patch 10.0.7 Launch