Fury Warrior PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (BfA / Patch 8.3)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Fury Warrior in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats as well as guidance on how to pick up your Azerite pieces, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Fury Warrior PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Fury Warriors in PvP
The stat priority for Fury Warriors in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike;
Strength is the best stat in all situations. Haste is the strongest secondary stat at all times due to it reducing the Global Cooldown on abilities and increasing your attack speed. Mastery ( Mastery: Unshackled Fury) increases all of your damage while Enrage is active. This is crucial for increasing your overall damage output.
Note: Critical Strike is important if you are using the Azerite Trait, Cold Steel, Hot Blood. This will increase your survivability. However, Critical Strike damage is reduced in PvP, so you would be losing out on damage. For more information on your Azerite Traits, see here:
Corruption Gear for Fury Warriors in PvP
Gear has a chance to get a Corruption@ effect on them. This Corruption can have 2 different affects: dealing damage or increasing one of your stats. The more Corruption you have, the more damage you will take from the Corruption effects. It is recommended to not have more than 40 Corruption at once or you will take too much damage and die quickly.
For a general guide on Corruptions, check out our guide.
Corruptions that deal damage proc from your damaging abilities. Although you do not have a choice on when they proc, most of them proc often and can make up a large amount of your overall damage. Below are the best Corruptions to have that will deal damage from using your abilities.
- Gushing Wound — Places a very large DoT on the enemy that cannot be dispelled. Perfect for increasing your overall damage output.
- Infinite Stars — Although the debuff is dispellable, it procs very often and can drastically increase your cleave damage.
- Twisted Appendage — Gives your abilities a chance to summon a tendril that will deal damage and slow the enemy. This tendril can be killed, but you can spawn multiple on one target and will do incredible amounts of damage if they are not killed quickly.
Corruptions that increase Stats are also extremely powerful. These Corruptions also have two different variations. The first is a proc chance to gain a stat. This is just like any other proc, where you will randomly get a buff that greatly increases one of your stats. The second, is you receive a certain stat from any source. This means you can gain that stat from anything from gear to traits. These stat increases are much more powerful to have. Below are the best Corruptions that increase your stats.
- Versatile — If you want to be tankier and want to make it extremely difficult for the enemy team to kill you, this corruption is your best choice. Versatility is important for surviving and this gives you a flat Versatility increase.
- Surging Vitality — Similar to the Versatile corruption, Surging Vitality also increases your Versatility. However, this is a proc, so you will not have control over when you get this Versatility increase.
Ideally, you will want to have as many Versatile corruptions on your gear as you can. This will drastically increase your survivability and also increase the damage you deal. Alternatively, Surging Vitality can proc a large Versatility buff on you. The downside to Surging Vitality is not being able to control when it procs.
In general, Fury Warriors want to get trinkets that line up well with Recklessness. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Strength or Versatility. The reason you want to increase Versatility is because it increases both your damage and healing. Strength is great for increasing your consistent damage output.
Below, we list the items that have these traits.
- Greathelm of Phantasmic Reality;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Greathelm;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Greathelm.
- Pauldrons of Infinite Darkness;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Shoulderguards;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Shoulderguards.
- Carapace of Pulsing Vita;
- Breastplate of Twilight Decimation;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Breastplate;
- Corrupted Gladiator's Plate Breastplate.
Writhing Segment of Drest'agath is a trinket that drops from Drest'agath in the Ny'alotha raid. This trinket is absolutely the best trinket to use, as it deals unavoidable damage and has a very short cooldown. This trinket can be used in various ways. Because the cooldown on this trinket is very short, you want to make sure to use it whenever you have a stun setup on an enemy player. This trinket should be paired with either Remote Guidance Device or Corrupted Gladiator's Maledict.
Remote Guidance Device drops from the Mechagon: Junkyard dungeon. This trinket can deal large amounts of on-demand damage. To maximize the damage it deals, make sure to use it on a target that is not close to other enemies, so the damage does not get split. If your team is not planning on using the Corrupted Gladiator's Maledict trinket, this is another great option to use.
Corrupted Gladiator's Maledict is a great trinket to have. The on-use damage and healing absorption is capable of forcing defensives, especially when coordinated with your other teammates Maledicts. This can be used by itself or while you are using your burst rotation to force multiple cooldowns out of enemy teams. If you use this trinket, make sure your other teammates are using it as well. Otherwise, the enemy healer can just dispel the debuff and it will force cooldowns.
Corrupted Gladiator's Safeguard is a mandatory trinket if you think the enemy team can swap to you and kill you. This provides an additional defensive for when you drop to low health. If you do not think a team will swap to you and kill you, you can replace this with any of the trinkets below.
Corrupted Gladiator's Insignia has a good amount of Versatility on it and has a passive effect. This effect increases your Strength. This increases your sustained and consistent damage.
Corrupted Gladiator's Badge is strong for the Versatility and the on-use Strength effect. This will drastically increase the damage you deal while it is active and should be used while Recklessness is active.
Enchant Weapon - Deadly Navigation and Enchant Weapon - Versatile Navigation are the best weapon enchants. You will be duel wielding weapons and having one of each of these enchants on your weapons. These enchants give you a strong Critical Strike and Versatility buff that can be crucial in multiple ways. The Versatility proc increases your overall damage output and is great if you can line it up with your burst. It is also good for when you get put in a stun and a team swaps to you. The damage reduction might be enough to keep you alive.
- 26 Jun. 2020: Updated Corruptions.
- Added Recommended Corruptions section.
- 19 May 2020: Updated Corruptions section.
- 08 Apr. 2020: Updated Recommended Items.
- 17 Feb. 2020: Several changes made.
- Updated Stat Priority.
- Added Corruption Gear section.
- Updated Recommended Gear.
- 27 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- Fan-Requested Pairing Made Reality in Shadows Rising
- Even Faster BWL Speed Clear: New Rank 1 with Over 20 Seconds Shaved Off
- 100% of All Plate Acomplished: DesMephisto's Quest Is Complete!
- All Legendary Powers Added So Far on Shadowlands Alpha
- Reputation Gains Increased By 60% This Week
- A Massive Pre-expansion Event? Beta? What Can We Expect from the Shadowlands Reveal Event?
- Cataclysm Timewalking (July 7th - July 14th)
- Death Knights & Demon Hunters Start At Level 8/10 in Shadowlands