Fury Warrior DPS Stat Priority — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1
On this page, you will find out the optimal stat priority for your Fury Warrior. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations. Our content is updated for World of Warcraft — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.
1. The Basics of Stats for Fury Warrior
The stat priority for Fury Warrior is:
- Critical Strike;
These sample stat weights represent the general relationship of secondary stats compared to one point of strength, although as usual, individual results may vary. It is highly recommended that you regularly sim your own gear upgrades and/or generate personalized stat weights.
When not using Cold Steel, Hot Blood, the value of Critical Strike falls to just ahead of Versatility.
While you can use these weights to math out the value and compare individual items by hand, in-game addons such as Pawn will do so automatically.
1.1. Getting a Better Understanding
Strength is your primary stat, found on plate armor, weapons and trinkets. It provides Attack Power, which contributes to the damage of all abilities and auto-attacks.
Haste compresses the rotation, reducing the global cooldown, the time between the auto-attack swings, and the cooldown of the rotational abilities Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, and Execute, as well as the speed at which Bladestorm and Rampage deal damage.
Versatility provides a flat increase to damage dealt and reduces damage taken by half as much.
Critical Strikes deal double damage, although Fury does not generate extra Rage on Critical Strike, the way Arms does. The Azerite Trait Cold Steel, Hot Blood increases the value of Critical Strike considerably, putting it roughly on par with Haste and Mastery.
Fury is primarily a Haste driven specialization, enhancing the amount it gains natively through Enrage alone. Although it can have a large number of breakpoints, it remains one of Fury's most important secondary stats since more Haste increases the pace of the rotation, equating to more Rage, damage, and Enrage uptime.
2. Racial Bonuses for Fury Warrior
Racial bonuses have, as a whole, very minimal impact for Fury; anything within 1% of one another is typically considered trivial, and a small enough margin that our recommendation is to simply play what you enjoy the most.
- 18 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated for Patch 8.1, minor note regarding Critical Strike and Azerite interactions.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- Wintergrasp 8.1.5 PTR Testing: February 19th
- Rextroy's 40 Vs 40 Events
- Patch 8.1 Hotfixes: February 14th
- Patch 8.1.5: Kul Tiran Human Intro Cutscene
- Patch 8.1.5: Zandalari Troll Intro Cutscene
- PvP Hotfixes: Feb 13th - Massive Mana Regen Nerf
- Crucible of Storms Raid Testing: Feb 21st-25th
- Patch 8.1.5 Build 29352: Highlights
- Question on simming...
- Transmogrification Demon Hunters
- Affliction Warlock 8.1
- Fire Mage 8.1
- Frost Death Knight 8.1
- Marksmanship Hunter 8.1
- Destruction Warlock 8.1
- Demonology Warlock 8.1