Fury Warrior PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as a Fury Warrior and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Fury Warrior PvP Guide.
Talent Choices for Fury Warriors
(META) Slaughtering Strikes Burst Build
Annihilator Sustained Build
Important Choice Nodes
Wrecking Throw / Shattering Throw: This node comes down to whether or not the enemy has magical immunities, such as Divine Shield or Ice Block. If they do, pick Shattering Throw, otherwise use Wrecking Throw for shield breaking, and if the enemy team has none of both, simply skip this node and pick something else in the talent tree.
Anger Management / Reckless Abandon: Since you will be using Annihilator with this build, your primary damaging button inbetween Rampage is Bloodthirst, and therefore, benefit greatly from becoming even stronger through Reckless Abandon.
You can choose 3 of the following PvP talents; each has its uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. As Fury Warrior, your choices are limited as you will be running the mandatory PvP talent almost every match.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Slaughterhouse gives Fury Warrior its healing reduction effect. This effect can be powerful but, in general, hard to keep up. It should still always be picked up if your composition does not have access to a healing reduction effect. This ability counts as a Mortal Wounds effect, and because the game only uses the highest value, other effects in this category will overwrite it, such as Mortal Strike and Wound Poison from other classes.
Other healing reduction effects that fall out of this category do not, however, like Fel Fissure or Necrotic Wound.
Safeguard is a very strong talent, that provides an additional wall for your team, in addition to slightly more short-term mobility for you.
Situational PvP Talents
Bloodrage lets you have higher uptime on enemies than most other melee specializations. This ability will give you a much easier time sticking to targets, with only a small negative effect tied to it.
Enduring Rage received a rework and can be a nice addition against compositions that have an easy time shutting you down, allowing you a quick burst window to catch back up.
Battle Trance provides you great sustained healing and extra Rage to work toward more Rampage attacks.
Battlefield Commander has strong benefits and is your go-to when you require no additional utility.
Disarm has a short cooldown and can completely ruin the damage of weapon-based classes like Frost DK or Subtlety Rogue. This ability can even be used offensively vs. specializations that require weapons for their defensives, such as stopping an Arms Warrior from using Die by the Sword or a Death Knight from using Death Strike.
Death Sentence can be picked for increased uptime, but finding a good time and place to slot in this PvP talent can be difficult. In most cases, Bloodrage will give you more uptime than this choice.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.7
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.1.5
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 30 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 09 Apr. 2022: Updated to reflect the changing meta.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page updated for Patch 9.2.
- 08 Nov. 2021: Page reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 03 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 19 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 25 Jan. 2021: Rewritten by Karanze for Shadowlands season 1.
- 05 Dec. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tier 5 Regular Talent.
- 22 Oct. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tiers 1, 3, 5 and 7 Regular talents.
- Updated PvP talents.
- 17 Feb. 2020: Updated PvP Talents.
- 27 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)