Inspiration Catalyst Guide for Dragonflight (10.0.2)
- 7. Will Tier Set Bonuses Work on All Items Made with the Inspiration Catalyst?
- 8. What is the Item Level of the Tier Set Item from the Inspiration Catalyst?
- 9. Inspiration Catalyst Charges in Dragonflight
- 10. What Secondary Stats Will Be on the Items Made by the Inspiration Catalyst?
- 11. How to Restore Vendored, Disenchanted, or Destroyed Season 1 Items for the Inspiration Catalyst?
The following guide is preliminary and based on Dragonflight testing. As such, it may contain incomplete, outdated, or otherwise inaccurate information that we will fix before release.
What is the Inspiration Catalyst?
The system has been introduced as bad luck protection for players who, due to bad RNG, cannot complete their tier set and for alts to catch up on gear later in the expansion.
When Will the Inspiration Catalyst Be Available in Dragonflight?
The Inspiration Catalyst will be available six weeks after Mythic Vault of the Incarnates opens, on January 23, 2023. No other information is available at this time.
How Does the Inspiration Catalyst Work?
You must provide a non-set Season 1 item piece of the appropriate slot. Eligible items are from the Vault of the Incarnates raid, Mythic+ Dungeons, PvP, Dragonflight World Bosses, the weekly chest, Valdrakken gear vendors, and weekly bonus event quests.
The applicable slots are Helms, Shoulders, Cloaks, Chests, Bracers, Gloves, Belts, Legs, and Boots, but only items that occupy Tier Set slots will be converted into set pieces. The remaining slots are converted just for transmog.
The item used to create a set piece will be consumed in the process.
Where is the Inspiration Catalyst Located in Dragonflight?
The location is currently unknown.
Inspiration Catalyst Currency
A currency is needed to fuel the Inspiration Catalyst and convert non-set gear into set pieces in Dragonflight. However, the currency has not yet been added to the game and the conversion costs remain unknown.
We will update this section with more information in the future.
Will Tier Set Bonuses Work on All Items Made with the Inspiration Catalyst?
No, the 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses will only be on Helms, Shoulders, Chests, Gloves, and Legs.
Other slots will be converted to non-set items with different secondary stats. You may want to use the conversion process on them if you are not satisfied with the secondary stats on your non-set items.
What is the Item Level of the Tier Set Item from the Inspiration Catalyst?
The resulting item level will have the same item level of the item that you put into the catalyst. It also keeps Mythic/PvP upgrade paths, tertiary stats, and sockets.
Inspiration Catalyst Charges in Dragonflight
When the Inspiration Catalyst becomes available in Dragonflight Mythic+ Season 1, there will be a weekly quest that requires doing the same sorts of group content that provide you with Catalyst-eligible gear.
All characters on your WoW account can contribute progress towards completing the quest. Completing the quest awards 1 charge to all current and future characters on your account. You can have a maximum of 6 charges per character. Each of your characters can spend charges individually.
Are Tier Set Items Created by the Inspiration Catalyst Upgradeable or Do You Need to Remake the Tier with a Higher Item Level Base Piece?
You will want to remake it with a higher item level base piece, unless the initial version had an upgrade path from PvP or Mythic+ and you earned currency to allow it to be upgraded in that way. For example, if you convert a non-set 9/12 helm from Mythic+ to a 9/12 tier piece, you will be able to use Valor to upgrade it to a 12/12 tier piece.
What Secondary Stats Will Be on the Items Made by the Inspiration Catalyst?
The tier pieces all have specific secondary stats regardless of what item is put into the system; only the tertiary stats, and sockets carry over.
How to Restore Vendored, Disenchanted, or Destroyed Season 1 Items for the Inspiration Catalyst?
If you deleted, destroyed, or disenchanted an eligible item that you want to use for the system, you should visit the World of Warcraft Item Restoration page for further assistance.
- 06 Nov. 2022: Updated with details about charges.
- 30 Sep. 2022: Guide added.
- Underlight Angler Can be Slotted into Fishing Profession Equipment
- First Encrypted Patch 10.0.5 Encrypted Build Appears on Blizzard CDN
- Dragonflight 10.0.2 Pre-Patch Hotfixes: November 22nd
- Dragonflight Season 1 Class Set Tuning: November 22nd
- Weekly Dragonflight Content and Rewards Removed in the First Days of the Expansion
- Darkmoon Decks in the Dragonflight Expansion
- The Story So Far: Take Wing Through Time with the Dragon Aspects
- Dragonflight Ads Featuring David Harbour, Pedro Pascal and Lana Condor