Revival Catalyst Guide for Dragonflight
The Revival Catalyst is a console used for transforming eligible non-set Season 3 gear into Amirdrassil Tier Set pieces and older Season 1 and 2 gear for transmog.
- 1. What is the Revival Catalyst?
- 2. Amirdrassil Tier Sets
- 3. When Will the Revival Catalyst Be Available in Dragonflight Season 3?
- 4. Revival Catalyst Charges
- 5. How to Earn Revival Catalyst Charges?
- 6. When Will I Get My First Catalyst Charge in Dragonflight Season 3?
- 7. Is it Possible to Catch Up on Catalyst Charges in Dragonflight?
- 8. How Much Does it Cost to Convert Items Into Tier Sets with the Revival Catalyst?
- 9. Where is the Revival Catalyst Located in Dragonflight?
- 10. What Dragonflight Season 3 Gear Can Be Converted into Tier Set Pieces?
- 11. How Does the Revival Catalyst Work?
- 12. Revival Catalyst Item Level Break Points in Dragonflight Season 3
- 13. How to Convert Dragonflight Season 1 and 2 Items for Transmog with the Revival Catalyst?
- 14. Will Tier Set Bonuses Work on All Items Made with the Revival Catalyst?
- 15. What is the Item Level of the Tier Set Item from the Revival Catalyst?
- 16. What Secondary Stats Will Be on the Items Made by the Revival Catalyst?
- 17. What Tertiary Stats Do Carry Over When Converting Gear?
- 18. How to Restore Vendored, Disenchanted, or Destroyed Season 3 Items for the Revival Catalyst?
What is the Revival Catalyst?
The Revival Catalyst is a console that lets you convert eligible Dragonflight Season 3 non-set items of the appropriate slot into Amirdrassil Tier Set pieces of the same item level and Season 1 and 2 gear for transmog purposes.
Eligible items must be Veteran rank or higher.
The system has been introduced as bad luck protection for players who, due to bad RNG, cannot complete their tier set and for alts to catch up on gear later in the expansion.
Amirdrassil Tier Sets
We have a separate guide covering all Amirdrassil Class Set acquisition methods linked below.
When Will the Revival Catalyst Be Available in Dragonflight Season 3?
The Revival Catalyst will be available during the first week of Season 3 on November 14.
Revival Catalyst Charges
Players will automatically gain one charge every two weeks in Season 3.
You must spend 1 charge for every converted item. You can only have 6 charges per character, so do not forget to spend charges on alts.
How to Earn Revival Catalyst Charges?
You gain Catalyst charges automatically in Dragonflight Season 3.
When Will I Get My First Catalyst Charge in Dragonflight Season 3?
You will receive your very first Catalyst charge during the week of November 14 and every two weeks after that. You will have accumulated 6 charges during the week of January 23.
- First charge: Week of November 14.
- Second charge: Week of November 28.
- Third charge: Week of December 12.
- Fourth charge: Week of December 26.
- Fifth charge: Week of January 9.
- Sixth charge: Week of January 23.
Is it Possible to Catch Up on Catalyst Charges in Dragonflight?
No, there is no catch-up system implemented for Catalyst charges.
How Much Does it Cost to Convert Items Into Tier Sets with the Revival Catalyst?
In Season 3, there is no cost associated beyond the charge spent. You no longer need Cosmic Flux. All you need to do is obtain a convertible item , and you are good to go.
Where is the Revival Catalyst Located in Dragonflight?
The Revival Catalyst Console can be found in Tyrhold near an NPC named Antuka.
First, fly to the cave, as shown in the image below.
The entrance is located at 59.53 53.71 in Thaldraszus.
Go inside and seek out Antuka.
What Dragonflight Season 3 Gear Can Be Converted into Tier Set Pieces?
Revival Catalyst can be used to convert the following types of Mythic+ gear into Tier Set pieces:
- PvP Gear (Ranked / Unranked / Epic War Mode Gear);
- Veteran Rank PvE Gear (Loot from Mythic Dungeons / Amirdrassil Raid Loot/ Loot from Dragonflight World Bosses/PvE Outdoor Gear).
How Does the Revival Catalyst Work?
When you collect a Catalyst charge, head to the console and click the + button to provide a non-set Season 3 item piece of the appropriate slot.
The applicable slots are Helms, Shoulders, Cloaks, Chests, Bracers, Gloves, Belts, Legs, and Boots, but only items that occupy Tier Set slots will be converted into set pieces. The remaining slots are converted just for transmog.
When you decide which item you would like to convert, press the Transform button, and the conversion will begin. The Season 3 item will be consumed along with 1 Catalyst charge for every converted piece of armor.The Revival Catalyst window shows you how many charges you currently have and the output item you will get when the conversion is complete.
Revival Catalyst Item Level Break Points in Dragonflight Season 3
The appearance of converted items will depend on their item level. Here are the item level breakpoints for transmog collectors:
- Item level 444-450 items will have Raid Finder appearance.
- Item level 454-463 items will have Normal difficulty appearance.
- Item level 467-476 items will have Heroic difficulty appearance.
- Item level 480+ items will have Mythic difficulty appearance.
- Upgraded Bloody Tokens PvP gear (item level 411) converts to Normal difficulty appearance.
- Non-upgraded Bloody Tokens gear cannot be converted.
How to Convert Dragonflight Season 1 and 2 Items for Transmog with the Revival Catalyst?
The Revival Catalyst lets you convert Season 1 and Season 2 items for transmog purposes completely free. You will only need an appropriate piece to convert.
Will Tier Set Bonuses Work on All Items Made with the Revival Catalyst?
No, the 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses will only be on Helms, Shoulders, Chests, Gloves, and Legs.
Other slots will be converted to non-set items with different secondary stats. You can use the conversion process on them if you are unsatisfied with the secondary stats on your non-set items.
What is the Item Level of the Tier Set Item from the Revival Catalyst?
The resulting item level will be the same as the item you put into the catalyst. It also keeps Mythic/PvP upgrade paths, tertiary stats, and sockets.
Are Tier Set Items Created by the Revival Catalyst Upgradeable or Do You Need to Remake the Tier with a Higher Item Level Base Piece?
You will want to remake it with a higher item level base piece unless the initial version had an upgrade path from PvP or Mythic+, and you earned currency to allow it to be upgraded that way. For example, if you convert a non-set 9/13 helm from Mythic+ to a 9/13 tier piece, you will be able to use Valor to upgrade it to a 12/12 tier piece.
What Secondary Stats Will Be on the Items Made by the Revival Catalyst?
The tier pieces all have specific secondary stats regardless of what item is put into the system.
What Tertiary Stats Do Carry Over When Converting Gear?
Only RANDOM tertiary stats will carry over to the Tier item upon conversion. Guaranteed tertiary stats will NOT carry over.
How to Restore Vendored, Disenchanted, or Destroyed Season 3 Items for the Revival Catalyst?
If you deleted, destroyed, or disenchanted an eligible item that you want to use for the system, you should visit the World of Warcraft Item Restoration page for further assistance.
- 26 Oct. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.2.
- 27 Jul. 2023: Added a note about tertiary stats.
- 13 Jun. 2023: Guide updated for Season 2.
- 30 May 2023: Updated with more details on gear requirements.
- 09 May 2023: Updated for Season 2.
- 29 Apr. 2023: Updated with Season 2 changes.
- 23 Mar. 2023: Reviewed for Patch 10.0.7.
- 02 Feb. 2023: Added a note about no catch-up.
- 01 Feb. 2023: Updated with follow-up quest information.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Fixed activities that grant quest credit toward the weekly quest.
- 22 Jan. 2023: Updated for Patch 10.0.5 release.
- 13 Dec. 2022: Updated for Season 1 launch.
- 06 Nov. 2022: Updated with details about charges.
- 30 Sep. 2022: Guide added.
- WoW Servers Down and Explanation
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Amirdrassil 10.2 Raid DPS Log Rankings, Week 3: In the Middle of Two Tuning Passes
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Death Knight Atal'dazar +20 Solo in Dragonflight Season 3
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- Number of Raid Bosses Per Expansion
- The 10 Rarest Still Obtainable Mounts (Video)