Marksmanship Hunter PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Marksmanship Hunter (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Marksmanship Hunter PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you do not have many options. Trueshot has a 3-minute cooldown and it is crucial to use it at the correct time. Before you use your burst rotation, try to make the enemy healer use their trinket. If you are playing with a Holy Paladin or Restoration Druid, they should use their stun to start the crowd control. Follow that up with a Freezing Trap and Scatter Shot. At the same time you should be doing your sustained damage rotation. When the enemy healer is starting to fall behind in healing or uses their trinket, you should use your burst rotation. With this strategy you are trying to do so much single-target damage to a target that the enemy healer will not be able to heal through it.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Marksmanship Hunter + Holy Paladin
- Marksmanship Hunter + Discipline Priest
- Marksmanship Hunter + Restoration Druid
- Marksmanship Hunter + Holy Priest
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will be focusing on maximizing your single target damage while still crowd controlling the enemy healer with Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap. When you start the crowd control chain, your teammate should stun the kill target and then use your burst rotation. You do not always have to stun the kill target. If your team only has one reliable stun like Hammer of Justice or Mighty Bash, it is best to use it on the enemy healer.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Jungle (Marksmanship Hunter + Feral Druid + Holy Paladin/Discipline Priest)
- Cupid (Marksmanship Hunter + Retribution Paladin + Restoration Druid/ Discipline Priest)
- Marksmanship Hunter + Arms Warrior + Restoration Shaman/Holy Paladin
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Page reviewed and approved for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated best 2v2 compositions.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Things to Do Before Dragonflight
- Warlock Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Great Vault Added to the Map of Valdrakken
- Rogue Changes in Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes: October 3rd
- Priest Changes Dragonflight Beta Build 45779
- Warrior Gladiator and Elite PvP Sets in Dragonflight
- Shadowlands Season 4 Fated Raid Mythic DPS Log Rankings, Week 9: Sepulcher