Marksmanship Hunter PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.0.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Marksmanship Hunter (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Marksmanship Hunter PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena, you do not have many options. Trueshot has a 3-minute cooldown and it is crucial to use it at the correct time. Before you use your burst rotation, try to make the enemy healer use their trinket. If you are playing with a Holy Paladin or Restoration Druid, they should use their stun to start the crowd control. Follow that up with a Freezing Trap and Scatter Shot. At the same time you should be doing your sustained damage rotation. When the enemy healer is starting to fall behind in healing or uses their trinket, you should use your burst rotation. With this strategy you are trying to do so much single-target damage to a target that the enemy healer will not be able to heal through it.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Marksmanship Hunter + Holy Paladin
- Marksmanship Hunter + Discipline Priest
- Marksmanship Hunter + Restoration Druid
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will be focusing on maximizing your single target damage while still crowd controlling the enemy healer with Scatter Shot and Freezing Trap. When you start the crowd control chain, your teammate should stun the kill target and then use your burst rotation. You do not always have to stun the kill target. If your team only has one reliable stun like Hammer of Justice or Mighty Bash, it is best to use it on the enemy healer.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- Jungle (Marksmanship Hunter + Feral Druid + Holy Paladin/Discipline Priest)
- Cupid (Marksmanship Hunter + Retribution Paladin + Restoration Druid/ Discipline Priest)
- Marksmanship Hunter + Arms Warrior + Restoration Shaman/Holy Paladin
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day