Marksmanship Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Marksmanship Hunter in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.1.5.
1. The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Marksmanship Hunter
At this stage in the game, there are so many variables and so many layers of optimization that you can apply to your character, that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof in a way that is tailored completely to your specific character. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as there is simply no other way to take all the variables into account.
2. Best Dungeons for Marksmanship Hunter
This is a table containing all the currently available dungeons, and listing how many good items each dungeon can drop. We classify a "good item" as pieces that have a high amount of one of your best stats on it (Mastery or Haste). This will help guide you on what dungeons to focus on when farming for upgrades.
|The MOTHERLODE!!||Weapon, Shoulders, Belt, Legs, Finger|
|Atal'Dazar||Weapon, Cloak, Bracers, Belt|
|The Underrot||Shoulders, Belt, Finger|
|Tol Dagor||Weapon, Bracers, Gloves|
|Kings' Rest||Weapon, Gloves, Finger|
|Freehold||Weapon, Bracers, Trinket|
|Siege of Boralus||Chest, Belt, Boots|
|Waycrest Manor||Bracers, Boots|
|Shrine of the Storm||Cloak, Trinket|
|Temple of Sethraliss||Weapon|
3. What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear.
5. Trinket Simulation for Marksmanship Hunter
A generic ranking for the top 13 single-target Trinkets can be found here:
A generic ranking for the top 13 cleave Trinkets can be found here:
6. Recommended Battle for Dazar'alor Gear
This does not include items that are found outside of the raid, so this may be altered based on items you have available from outside sources. Note that this also does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart:
Also note that this is not a guide on which bosses to bonus roll. Refer to the Droptimizer guide above to plan out your bonus rolls!
- 21 Jan. 2019: Added a Recommended Gear List for Battle for Dazar'alor, and an introduction to the Raidbots Droptimizer feature.
- 10 Dec. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation charts to be hosted through BloodMallet.
- 12 Oct. 2018: Updated the list of good dungeons and their items.
- 07 Sep. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include the recent SimCraft changes to RPPM.
- 26 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include buff to the Tiny Electromental in a Jar.
- 24 Aug. 2018: Updated the trinket simulation to include various World Quest trinkets.
- 23 Aug. 2018: Added a link to the origin spreadsheet for the simulation chart.
- 21 Aug. 2018: Updated Trinket simulations.
- 18 Aug. 2018: Changed the BiS list to a more generally useful list of good dungeons to farm, as this will be relevant throughout the entire expansion.
- 12 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth release.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated Celerity of the Windrunners' Haste level from 2% to 3%.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Updated Golganneth's Vitality to just be an Argus Personal Loot drop.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #38
- Tiger's Peak Arena Temporarily Disabled
- Crucible of Storms Item Tuning
- What's Coming in World of Warcraft Patch 8.2: Rise of Azshara
- Trial of Style Season 4 (March 20th - March 24th)
- This Week in WoW: March 19th
- Realm Maintenance Podcast Episode #281
- Support WoW Esports Programs with Your Toy Purchase
- Contact player-different server
- looking for a late night raiding guild
- Beast Mastery Hunter 8.1
- So long and thanks for all the fish.....
- Brawler's Guild - Grandpa Grumplefoot
- Restoration Druid 8.1
- Unholy Death Knight PvP 8.1
- Blizzard at WCG