Marksmanship Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.0.5
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Marksmanship Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.0.5.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Hunter gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Marksmanship Hunter
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Marksmanship Hunter. This section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
For more detailed information on Stat Priority, please visit our Stats page.
For more detailed information on Gems and Enchants, please visit our Gems and Enchants page.
We also have a page dedicated to simulations for different aspects of your character. These can be found on our Simulations page.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Marksmanship Hunter
At this stage in the game, and despite the Stat Priority, there are so many variables and layers of optimization you can apply to your character that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose items, trinkets, Legendaries, Enchants/Gems, even Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and so on.
Upgrading Marksmanship Hunter Gear with Valor Points
Marksmanship Hunters should upgrade the items with Valor that will benefit the most in the moment. The easiest way to figure out what is best for your specific character is by using Raidbots' Droptimizer. You can select "+10 Weekly Chest" as a replacement for the highest item level Valor upgrade. Below is a list of item slots that you might want to upgrade first.
- Your weapon is by far your strongest item, and if you do not have a 220+ iLvl one already, this should be your first upgrade every single time.
- Trinkets have a major impact on your DPS, particularly on-use ones such as Inscrutable Quantum Device and Overcharged Anima Battery.
- Aside from this, the best scaling items tend to be Helms, Chests, and Leg items. Wrists and Cloaks are low-priority as they have relatively little Agility on them.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Marksmanship are listed against each other below. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline, and that you should be simming your own character if you care about optimizing it.
Note on the Inscrutable Quantum Device
While the Inscrutable Quantum Device trinket performs exceptionally well in simulations, we generally recommend not using it for Raids. This is because it has a lot of potential effects when pressed, including healing and giving Mana to others in your group, all of which will not help your DPS.
This means that your second and third usages in raids will often not give a DPS benefit, significantly reducing the actual DPS value of the trinket. For Mythic+ scenarios, it is basically as good as it sims and a very strong choice.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear.
Raid BiS Item List for Marksmanship Hunter
This does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart.
Dungeon BiS Item List for Marksmanship Hunter
|Helm||Rattling Deadeye Hood||The Necrotic Wake|
|Necklace||Trailspinner Pendant||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Cloak||Cloak of Enveloping Manifestations||Sanguine Depths|
|Chest||Soaring Decimator's Hauberk||Halls of Atonement|
|Wrists||Shackles of Alluring Vitality||Sanguine Depths|
|Gloves||Iron Spiked Handgrips||Sanguine Depths|
|Belt||Belt of Wretched Manipulations||Plaguefall|
|Legs||Blightborne Chain Legguards||Plaguefall|
|Boots||Shardskin Sabatons||Halls of Atonement|
|Ring #1||Ring of Perpetual Conflict||Theater of Pain|
|Ring #2||Fleshfused Circle||Theater of Pain|
|Weapon||Xy Cartel Crossbow||De Other Side|
- 31 Mar. 2021: Updated the BiS Bow's name (it is still the same item, but it had the wrong name listed) and updated the BiS cloak.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added a section dedicated to Valor Point upgrades.
- 01 Mar. 2021: Separated the Raid and Dungeon BiS Lists.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about the Inscrutable Quantum Device and altered the name of the BiS weapon to the Night Fae one.
- 25 Dec. 2020: Updated the BiS List to include Raid Items as well as Mythic+ items.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Updated the Trinket Sims.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated the BiS Rings and Azerite Pieces.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- The Grim Fate of Mekgineer Thermaplugg in Patch 9.1
- Pirate Dragon Mount: Yay or Nay?
- Shadowlands 9.0.5 Mythic+ DPS Log Rankings and Analysis: Week 6: Major and Chaotic Changes
- The Lucky Ones: 2 Mounts from 1 Gul'dan Kill, Somehow Beaten by an Insane Paragon Chest
- Character Transfers Temporarily Closed in WoW Classic
- Will Torghast Have a New Currency in Patch 9.1?
- The Lowest Mythic Wipe in WoW History?
- Patch 9.1 Raid Testing Schedule: April 22nd