Marksmanship Hunter DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands 9.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Marksmanship Hunter in World of Warcraft Shadowlands 9.1.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Marksmanship Hunter gear and best in slot.
Gearing a Marksmanship Hunter
Welcome to our Gearing Page for Marksmanship Hunter. This section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
For more detailed information on Stat Priority, please visit our Stats page.
For more detailed information on Gems and Enchants, please visit our Gems and Enchants page.
We also have a page dedicated to simulations for different aspects of your character. These can be found on our Simulations page.
Patch 9.1 Domination Gems Ranking for Marksmanship Hunter
Best Domination Gem Set Bonus for Marksmanship Hunter
Best Domination Gems for Marksmanship Hunter
Now that we know our strongest Set Bonus, we have to identify the best gem combination. You will need all three Blood/Red gems to activate the Blood Set Bonus, so you do not have a choice here, but you can freely choose between all of the Unholy and Frost Gems for your final two Domination Gem Sockets. We have only ranked the Domination Gems that increase your DPS.
If you would like to know more about the remaining Domination Shards' effects, their set bonuses, or how to upgrade their effects into even more potent forms, please see our official guide detailing everything about this new system of Patch 9.1:
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Marksmanship Hunter
At this stage in the game, and despite the Stat Priority, there are so many variables and layers of optimization you can apply to your character that there is no way for a guide or anything else to tell you exactly what gear you should wear. This is why we always recommend simulating your own character using Raidbots. The website can help you choose items, trinkets, Legendaries, Enchants/Gems, even Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and so on.
Upgrading Marksmanship Hunter Gear with Valor Points
Marksmanship Hunters should upgrade the items with Valor that will benefit the most in the moment. The easiest way to figure out what is best for your specific character is by using Raidbots' Droptimizer. You can select "+10 Weekly Chest" as a replacement for the highest item level Valor upgrade. Below is a list of item slots that you might want to upgrade first.
- Your weapon is by far your strongest item, and should always be the top priority to upgrade.
- Trinkets have a major impact on your DPS, particularly on-use ones such as Inscrutable Quantum Device and Overcharged Anima Battery.
- Aside from this, the best scaling items tend to be Helms, Chests, and Leg items. Wrists and Cloaks are low-priority as they have relatively little Agility on them.
Thanks to Bloodmallet.com, a comprehensive list of available trinkets for Marksmanship are listed against each other below. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline, and that you should be simming your own character if you care about optimizing it.
Note on the Inscrutable Quantum Device
While the Inscrutable Quantum Device trinket performs exceptionally well in simulations, we generally recommend not using it for Raids. This is because it has a lot of potential effects when pressed, including healing and giving Mana to others in your group, all of which will not help your DPS.
This means that your second and third usages in raids will often not give a DPS benefit, significantly reducing the actual DPS value of the trinket. For Mythic+ scenarios, it is basically as good as it sims and a very strong choice.
Many people have a tendency to overthink the distribution of their secondary stats. An important thing to remember is that a higher quantity of stats is nearly always better than a better quality of stats. Because of this, wearing higher item level gear with worse stats tends to be better than lower item level gear with great stats. Keep this in mind when considering gear.
Raiding BiS List for Marksmanship Hunter
This does not include trinkets as they are covered in the above chart.
Non-Raiding BiS List for Marksmanship Hunter
This list contains exclusively items that are not obtained from the Raid, for players who prefer not to Raid.
|Helm||Rattling Deadeye Hood||The Necrotic Wake|
|Necklace||Trailspinner Pendant||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Shoulders||Mantle of Ephemeral Visages||Halls of Atonement|
|Cloak||Cloak of Enveloping Manifestations||Sanguine Depths|
|Chest||Soaring Decimator's Hauberk||Halls of Atonement|
|Bracers||Tortured Assistant's Bindings||Plaguefall|
|Gloves||Iron Spiked Handgrips||Sanguine Depths|
|Belt||Clasp of Waning Shadow||Mists of Tirna Scithe|
|Legs||Blightborne Chain Legguards||Plaguefall|
|Boots||Shardskin Sabatons||Halls of Atonement|
|Ring #1||Ring of Perpetual Conflict||Theater of Pain|
|Ring #2||Fleshfused Circle||Theater of Pain|
|Weapon||Xy Cartel Crossbow||De Other Side|
- 03 Sep. 2021: Updated the optimal individual Domination Shards.
- 02 Aug. 2021: Updated the optimal Domination Shard Set Bonus after Blood Link was buffed.
- 28 Jun. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 31 Mar. 2021: Updated the BiS Bow's name (it is still the same item, but it had the wrong name listed) and updated the BiS cloak.
- 09 Mar. 2021: Added a section dedicated to Valor Point upgrades.
- 01 Mar. 2021: Separated the Raid and Dungeon BiS Lists.
- 09 Jan. 2021: Added note about the Inscrutable Quantum Device and altered the name of the BiS weapon to the Night Fae one.
- 25 Dec. 2020: Updated the BiS List to include Raid Items as well as Mythic+ items.
- 27 Nov. 2020: Updated the Trinket Sims.
- 23 Nov. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated the BiS Rings and Azerite Pieces.
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- Complete "That's the Spirit" Achievement Before Patch 9.1.5 Goes Live
- Timewalking Mage Tower Not Coming Until Early December
- Patch 9.1 Hotfixes: October 21st
- Official 9.1.5 Patch Notes
- Patch 9.1.5 Release Date is Novemeber 2nd/3rd!
- Official Preview of the Timewalking Mage Tower
- Kill Dunegorger Kraulok This Week for a Chance at Mollie the Alpaca Mount
- Warrior Mage Tower Set in Patch 9.1.5