Marksmanship Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.0.2)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Marksmanship Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Marksmanship Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Marksmanship Hunter in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the most important secondary stat as it increases the damage you deal and reduces the damage you take. Mastery is also crucial as it increases the range and damage of all of your damaging spells.
In general, Marksmanship Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Trueshot. These trinkets can have a passive or on-use effect. The stats you want to be increasing are either Agility or Haste. The Agility will provide a very large increase to your damage and Haste increases your attack speed and reduces your the cast time of your spells, resulting in an increase to your damage output. Here is the best gear we recommend you using as a Marksmanship Hunter.
- Head: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Faceguard
- Neck: Sinful Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Blightbone Spaulders
- Cloak: Sinful Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Tunic
- Wrists: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Wristguards
- Hands: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Handguards
- Waist: Clasp of Waning Shadow
- Legs: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Breeches
- Feet: Sinful Gladiator's Chain Boots
- Ring 1: Sinful Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Hyperlight Band
- Weapon: Blight Belcher
Note: It is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you a Versatility boost that will increase your damage and healing.
Sinful Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Sinful Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Sinful Gladiator's Badge of Ferocity gives you Haste and has a 1-minute cooldown that increases your primary stat. This is great to use right before you activate a powerful cooldown.
Sinful Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Sinful Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Marksmanship Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Stats
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Infra-green Reflex Sight
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Spec Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands
- Fan Concept of Nightborne Customization Options
- Vicarious Visions Studio Being Merged Into Blizzard by Activision
- Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes: January 22nd
- Upcoming PvP Class Tuning: January 26th
- Official Overview of All Shadowlands Mounts, Pets and Toys Part 1
- Castle Nathria Tank and Healer Log Rankings and Analysis
- 21 Billion Gold Moves Through WoW Each Day