Marksmanship Hunter PvP Stat Priority, Gear, and Trinkets (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2.5)
Choosing your gear carefully is important for your Marksmanship Hunter in PvP. We give you a stat priority to help you choose items with the right stats, followed by advice on how to choose the rest of your gear and your trinkets.
This page is part of our Marksmanship Hunter PvP Guide.
Stat Priority for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP
The stat priority for Marksmanship Hunter in PvP is as follows:
- Critical Strike.
Agility is the best stat in all situations. Versatility is the most important secondary stat as it increases the damage you deal and reduces the damage you take. Mastery is also crucial as it increases the range and damage of all of your damaging spells.
In general, Marksmanship Hunters want to get trinkets that line up well with Trueshot, while chasing as much Versatility and Mastery as possible Below we have listed the BiS List for Marksmanship Hunters in PvP.
- Head: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Faceguard
- Neck: Eternal Gladiator's Amulet
- Shoulders: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Monnion
- Cloak: Eternal Gladiator's Shawl
- Chest: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Tunic
- Wrists: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Wristguards
- Hands: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Handguards
- Waist: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Belt
- Legs: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Breeches
- Feet: Eternal Gladiator's Chain Boots
- Ring 1: Eternal Gladiator's Signet
- Ring 2: Eternal Gladiator's Band
- Weapon: Eternal Gladiator's Ballista
Note: it is important to be wearing 2 PvP trinkets. This will give you an Agility and Stamina boost that will increase your damage and survivability.
Eternal Gladiator's Medallion is a mandatory trinket to have equipped at all times. This allows you to remove any crowd control on yourself. You will normally use this when you are stuck in crowd control and a teammate is at low health. Note, if you play a Human and are playing against a team with only stuns, Eternal Gladiator's Relentless Brooch is a better option.
Eternal Gladiator's Emblem increases your maximum health when used. This gives you an additional defensive when you think a team will be focusing you.
Eternal Gladiator's Insignia of Alacrity increases your Haste and has a chance to proc your primary stat. This is an overall strong trinket, as the stat will proc often throughout an arena match. It is best when paired with Venthyr for consistent pressure.
Gems and Enchants
Here are the best enchants and gems for a Marksmanship Hunter:
- Boots: Enchant Boots - Eternal Agility
- Cloak: Enchant Cloak - Soul Vitality
- Chest: Enchant Chest - Eternal Skirmish
- Rings: Enchant Ring - Tenet of Versatility
- Weapon Enchant: Infra-green Reflex Sight
Gem all of your gear with Versatile Jewel Cluster.
- 29 Jul. 2022: Reviewed and updated for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 22 Feb. 2022: Updated the BiS List, Enchants, and information on when you might want to use different Trinkets.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.1.5.
- 06 Jul. 2021: Updated recommended gear and added Shards of Domination section.
- 18 Mar. 2021: Reviewed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 06 Dec. 2020: Added BiS gear list for Shadowlands.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- Removed outdated gear.
- Added gems section.
- 15 Oct. 2020: Updated for Shadowlands pre-patch (9.0.1)
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st