Outlaw Rogue PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Outlaw Rogue (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Outlaw Rogue PvP Guide.
Outlaw Rogue in 2v2 is mostly played with a healer as Outlaw requires time to ramp up. It shines when the game drags on a bit as it is very durable and has great sustained damage as well as powerful crowd control tools. Your role will be to deal as much damage as possible while keeping the enemy team in CC as much as you can with Blind, Sap, Gouge, and Kidney Shot. The talents Blinding Powder and Deeper Stratagem are of great help there. You will want to play with healers who bring damage to the table as well as good CC to follow up your own. Playing with a Shaman would be the most damage-oriented comp as they deal a lot of damage in the early game with their Earth Elemental, while playing with a Druid would be the most dampening-oriented comp with their high healing output, Cyclone to follow up your Gouge, and Thorns against melees. Playing with a Priest would be the middle ground with great damage and CC that works well with yours.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Outlaw Rogue + Restoration Druid
- Outlaw Rogue + Holy Priest
- Outlaw Rogue + Discipline Priest
- Outlaw Rogue + Restoration Shaman
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena, in a way. You will still be focusing on dealing high sustained damage to one target while crowd controlling the enemy team as much as possible. The key difference is that since there is a third enemy it will be harder to setup your kills without being denied. Because you have so much crowd control it will often be your job to take care of the third enemy in order to enable your team's burst. For instance, if you play with a Retribution Paladin and a healer you would Kidney Shot the healer and Gouge the second DPS while your Paladin stuns the kill target and bursts it down. You also have multiple options to help your team when the enemies are using cooldowns with Dismantle and Gouge, so it will also be your responsibility to help out your team when under pressure.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP (Outlaw Rogue + Fire Mage + Discipline Priest)
- RPS (Outlaw Rogue + Shadow Priest + Restoration Shaman)
- Thug Cleave (Outlaw Rogue + Beast Mastery Hunter/Survival Hunter + Discipline Priest)
- Scooby Doo Cleave (Outlaw Rogue + Retribution Paladin + Discipline Priest)
- Outlaw Rogue + Elemental Shaman + Discipline Priest
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 25 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 27 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Updated 2v2 and 3v3 Strategies.
- 04 Nov. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- Malaysian Hospital Showing Mists of Pandaria Trailer on Repeat
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- Patch 9.2 and Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 13th
- Warcraft II Inside World of Warcraft (Arcade Tab Fan Concept)
- Shadowlands Season 4 Keystone Master Mount Color Changed on the 9.2.5 PTR
- Social Contract Now Available on the 9.2.5 PTR
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- Blood Elf and Dark Iron Dwarf Weapons No Longer Race Locked on the 9.2.5 PTR