Outlaw Rogue PvP Best Arena Compositions (Shadowlands / Patch 9.0.5)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Outlaw Rogue (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Outlaw Rogue PvP Guide.
In 2v2 Arena you will be focusing on single target damage. Depending on what healer you are playing with, use Cheap Shot to setup crowd control on the enemy healer and Kidney Shot on the kill target. For example, if you are playing with a Restoration Druid, you should use Kidney Shot on the enemy healer so your Druid can get close enough to use Cyclone. If the healer is out of range, you can use your Retractable Hook to get back to the kill target.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena. You will likely be focusing on maximizing your single target damage. If you are playing against a healer that is not mobile (Discipline Priest, Holy Paladin or Restoration Shaman), you can open on them and try to force a trinket or a major defensive cooldown. If the enemy healer trinkets, you can use Blind with your next setup. Your overall goal is to focus an enemy without a trinket. When you and your teammate have damage, use Cheap Shot on the enemy healer. If you are playing with a healer that has a reliable stun, they can stun the healer and you can use Kidney Shot on the kill target. A great ability that Outlaw Rogues have is Gouge. With such a short cooldown, it can be used in multiple ways. The first way is to use it to peel for you or your teammates. When the enemy team is using their burst rotation, use Gouge to stop them. The second way is to use it to set up crowd control. If Kidney Shot is on cooldown, use Gouge on the enemy healer to help your teammates.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP (Outlaw Rogue + Fire Mage/Frost Mage + Discipline Priest)
- Outlaw Rogue + Elemental Shaman + Discipline Priest/Restoration Druid
- Outlaw Rogue + Balance Druid + Holy Paladin
- RLS (Outlaw Rogue + Destruction Warlock + Restoration Shaman)
Important note for both 2v2 and 3v3 Arena: knowing when to use your burst rotation is crucial. Because Outlaw Rogue damage can be random, you should not burst until you have the correct buffs. Although all the buffs are situational, some are better than others. Do not burst unless you have one or two of the following buffs:
- 27 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Updated 2v2 and 3v3 Strategies.
- 04 Nov. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- How to Get Actual Mangos via Battleground Chat. Wait, What?
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 14th
- Blizzard Working on Protection Paladin's Threat Issue Bug
- Official Preview of Mythic Rating in Patch 9.1
- Class Tier List for Mythic+ in Shadowlands Season 1 (Week of June 15)
- Reduced Amount of BoE Gear from Sanctum of Domination
- Official Preview of Maw Updates in Patch 9.1
- Mawsworn Charger's Reins - New Torghast Mount in Patch 9.1