Outlaw Rogue PvP Best Arena Compositions (Dragonflight / Patch 10.0.7)
Team composition in 2v2 or 3v3 Arena is very important, because not all classes work well together. Here, we give you the best compositions you can have for your Outlaw Rogue (i.e., the best classes to pair with it).
This page is part of our Outlaw Rogue PvP Guide.
Outlaw Rogue in 2v2 is mostly played with a healer as Outlaw requires time to ramp up. It shines when the game drags on a bit as it is durable, has great sustained damage, and has powerful crowd control tools. Your role will be to deal as much damage as possible while keeping the enemy team in CC as much as you can with Blind, Sap, Gouge, and Kidney Shot. The talent Blinding Powder is of great help there as it desyncs Blind and the enemy trinket. You will want to play with healers who bring damage to the table and good CC to follow up your own or with healers who enjoy sitting back and winning in dampening, as Outlaw is performing well there. Playing with a Priest would be the most damage-oriented comp as they deal a lot of damage and help with CC on your goes while playing with a Monk or an Evoker will allow you to survive deep into dampening as these healers have high healing output and don't run out of mana easily.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 2v2:
- Outlaw Rogue + Preservation Evoker
- Outlaw Rogue + Mistweaver Monk
- Outlaw Rogue + Restoration Druid
- Outlaw Rogue + Discipline Priest
Your role in 3v3 is similar to 2v2 Arena, in a way. You will still be focusing on dealing great sustained damage to one target while crowd-controlling the enemy team as much as possible. The key difference is that since there is a third enemy, it will be harder to set up your kills without being denied. Because you have so much crowd control, it will often be your job to take care of the third enemy to enable your team's burst. For instance, if you play with a Retribution Paladin and a healer you would Kidney Shot the healer and Gouge the second DPS while your Paladin stuns the kill target and bursts it down. You also have multiple options to help your team when the enemies are using cooldowns with Dismantle and Gouge, so it will also be your responsibility to help out your team when under pressure.
Here is a list of the best team compositions for 3v3:
- RMP/D (Outlaw Rogue + Frost Mage/Arcane Mage + Discipline Priest/Restoration Druid)
- RLS/E (Outlaw Rogue + Warlock + Restoration Shaman/ Preservation Evoker)
- RPS/E (Outlaw Rogue + Shadow Priest + Restoration Shaman/Preservation Evoker)
- RSD (Outlaw Rogue + Elemental Shaman + Restoration Druid)
- Thug Cleave (Outlaw Rogue + Beast Mastery Hunter/ Survival Hunter + Discipline Priest)
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5.
- 11 Dec. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight Season 1.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 01 Jul. 2022: Updated 3v3 comps.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 21 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.5.
- 25 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 27 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 16 Dec. 2020: Updated 2v2 and 3v3 Strategies.
- 04 Nov. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 24th
- Dragonflight 10.0.7 Class Tuning: March 28th + Retribution Nerfs March 24th
- New Aberrus Unique Drops Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Aberrus the Shadowed Crucible Loading Screen in Patch 10.1
- New Potential Evoker Spells Added in Patch 10.1 Build 48661
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 Hotfixes: March 23rd
- Primordial Stone Hotfix Changes: March 23rd
- Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7 DPS Log Rankings for Vault of the Incarnates: Day 1