Outlaw Rogue PvP Best Races and Racials (Shadowlands / Patch 9.2.5)
Racial bonuses can provide interesting PvP benefits. Here are the best races to choose for each faction. The races are sorted from highest impact in arena to lowest. However, all races below have their own unique ways of making an impact in a PvP match.
This page is part of our Outlaw Rogue PvP Guide.
Best Alliance Races for Outlaw Rogues
- Night Elf
Night Elf Racials
Night Elf is the best race by far on Alliance. The active racial ability, Shadowmeld, has great synergy with the Rogue class. Not only can you use it to immune incoming crowd control or to immune a dangerous cast, but you can also simply use it to leave combat and gain Stealth in the midst of combat. This can be used offensively to gain Mark of the Master Assassin and immediately attack from Stealth, or defensively to escape a dangerous situation. The Cloaked in Shadows Conduit will prevent Stealth from breaking to damage-over-time effects for 4 seconds when you attempt to escape that way. Being a Night Elf also provides you with two noteworthy passive abilities: Quickness, that grants you 2% extra movement speed and 2% dodge chance, and Touch of Elune, that increases either your Haste or Critical Strike by 1% depending on whether it is night or day.
Human is the second-best race on Alliance. The active racial ability, Will to Survive, allows you to break free of a stun once every 3 minutes. As a Rogue you are very prone to dying in stuns, so having a way out is key. Since this racial provides you a way out you are no longer forced to play Unchained Gladiator's Medallion, but can instead play Unchained Gladiator's Relentless Brooch to reduce all incoming crowd control duration by 20%. The passive racial ability, The Human Spirit, increases all secondary stats by a small amount.
Best Horde Races for Outlaw Rogues
- Blood Elf
Orc is the best race on Horde. The active racial ability, Blood Fury, increases your Attack Power by a substantial amount when used. It is a nice addition to your burst. However, Orcs truly shine for their passive racial ability, Hardiness. This passive will reduce the duration of all incoming stuns at all times. As a Rogue you are very prone to dying in stuns, so having them last for a shorter duration is very helpful. You will regain control of your character faster, allowing you to use defensive cooldowns to stay alive.
Blood Elf Racials
Blood Elf is the second-best race on Horde. The active racial ability, Arcane Torrent, restores 15 Energy and purges one magical beneficial effect from all enemies within 8 yards. This can be used to remove spells such as Alter Time, Blessing of Protection or other key abilities, allowing you to kill your target when they think themselves out of danger. It is very situational, but powerful nonetheless.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 23 Feb. 2022: Already up to date with Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Already up to date with Patch 9.1.5.
- 25 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 27 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 04 Nov. 2020: This page was checked for patch 9.0.1 and no updates were necessary.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- Dracthyr Evoker Racial Mounts in Dragonflight
- Otterworldly Ottuk - New 500 Mounts Collected Achievement Reward in Dragonflight
- Dragonflight Loading Screen Implemented on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dracthyr Evoker Soar Moved to a Bonus Action Bar on the Dragonflight Beta
- Dragonflight Beta Development Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Balance Druid Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Priest Dev Notes: September 21st
- Dragonflight Beta Dragonriding Notes: September 21st