Outlaw Rogue PvP Talents and Builds (Dragonflight 10.2)
Choosing the right PvP and PvE talents is a prerequisite to proper performance in PvP. This guide goes through the various talent choices available to you as an Outlaw Rogue and gives you the best combinations you can take.
This page is part of our Outlaw Rogue PvP Guide.
Regular Talents for Outlaw Rogues
There is one viable talent build as Outlaw. It features Shadow Dance as well as all the Outlaw talents that revolve around Stealth.
Shadow Dance Build
This build focuses on high, consistent damage. It features multiple ways to use Ambush, which deals more damage than Sinister Strike, as well as several talents that aim at increasing the damage of finishing moves.
Audacity and Hidden Opportunity are the talents that make Ambush the Combo Point builder to use over Sinister Strike whenever possible. Alongside Improved Ambush it is a great way to deal decent damage while generating many Combo Points. Fan the Hammer works great with Audacity for additional Ambush procs. And last but not least Shadow Dance enables the use of Ambush.
Deeper Stratagem and Devious Stratagem increase the damage of all finishing moves. The new talent, Crackshot, allows Between the Eyes to also cast Dispatch and have no cooldown when used from Stealth or from Shadow Dance. Improved Between the Eyes increases the critical strike damage done by Between the Eyes, and Greenskin's Wickers allows Between the Eyes to buff your Pistol Shot. The combination of all these talents make Between the Eyes a powerful finishing move.
PvP Talents for Outlaw Rogues
You can choose three of the following PvP talents; each has uses, but some are better for certain strategies than others. The top three choices are the most useful but can be replaced with other PvP talents depending on your team's goal.
Mandatory PvP Talents
Enduring Brawler is a mighty talent. It gives you a lot more damage by increasing the chance for Sinister Strike to hit an additional time by up to 15%. That means you will have a 50% chance for Sinister Strike to hit an additional time, dealing twice the damage, giving you two Combo Points instead of one, and giving you an Opportunity proc. This, in turn, will allow your next Pistol Shot to deal double damage at half cost.
Situational PvP Talents
Dismantle is a strong PvP talent that allows you to disarm an enemy for 6 seconds every 45 seconds. Disarming an enemy can delay their next kill attempt or stop it entirely if they have pulled the trigger. It is a great pick against Warrior, Rogue, and Marksmanship Hunter. It is also helpful against other Hunter specs. However, they can still use many threatening abilities while disarmed, and the same goes for Retribution Paladin and Death Knight. One thing to note is that you can use Dismantle offensively against Death Knight and Warrior, as being disarmed prevents the use of Death Strike and Die by the Sword.
Smoke Bomb creates a smoke cloud around you. Enemy players who are outside the cloud will not be able to target anyone inside it. This talent is strong for multiple reasons. Firstly, it can help you land a kill by stunning a target when they have no trinket. By using Smoke Bomb right after a stun, you will prevent the healer from saving their teammate. Secondly, you can use it defensively to save yourself or an ally from a lethal cast about to go off, such as Greater Pyroblast. And lastly, you can use it to prevent incoming crowd control on you or your team if such crowd control would result in you losing a game, such as a Polymorph or Repentance on your healer when they have no trinket, and you are low on health.
Veil of Midnight is a powerful defensive option. It allows Cloak of Shadows to cleanse physical debuffs on top of magic ones and makes it grant you 100% dodge chance for 5s. It is very useful against Feral Druid or other Assassination Rogues.
Control is King is a talent that will make your opener, and your goes with Kidney Shot a bit more bursty. This would be a decent option when playing double DPS comps, but that is not the strong point of Outlaw at the moment.
You will always pick Enduring Brawler. The second and third slots will be Dismantle if you are against melee DPS that relies on a weapon and Smoke Bomb if your comp has enough burst damage to justify the use of this ability. In other scenarios, you may pick any other optional talent as long as it fits your needs.
- 06 Nov. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.2.
- 04 Sep. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.7.
- 10 Jul. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.5.
- 30 Apr. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.1.
- 21 Mar. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.7.
- 25 Jan. 2023: Updated for Dragonflight Patch 10.0.5.
- 22 Nov. 2022: Updated for Dragonflight pre-patch.
- 28 Jul. 2022: Reviewed for Shadowlands Season 4.
- 01 Jul. 2022: Changed T1 Talent.
- 31 May 2022: Reviewed for Patch 9.2.5.
- 23 Feb. 2022: Updated for Patch 9.2.
- 10 Nov. 2021: Already up to date with Patch 9.1.5.
- 25 Jul. 2021: Updated for Patch 9.1.
- 27 Mar. 2021: No updates needed for Patch 9.0.5.
- 29 Nov. 2020: Removed outdated Traits and Essences.
- 04 Nov. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tiers 3, 6, and 7 Regular Talents.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 16 Feb. 2020: Updated Talent Table.
- Updated Tier 7 Regular Talent.
- Updated PvP Talents.
- 20 Jan. 2020: This page was checked for Patch 8.3 and no update was deemed necessary.
- 05 Jan. 2020: Page added.
- New Tamable Gilnean Fox in Patch 10.2.5
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 5th
- Dragonflight 10.2 Hotfixes, December 5th: Big Class Tuning
- Adjustments Coming to Ashenvale PvP Event in Season of Discovery
- Imminence of Krag'wa's Executor Price in Trading Post Adjusted
- Azure Worldchiller Going Away December 7th
- More 10.2.5 Covenant Ability Visual Upgrades
- Get 1 Piece of Item Level 467-476 Gear This Week On Live Servers