Outlaw Rogue DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft Shadowlands Pre-Patch 9.0.1.
If you were looking for WoW Classic content, please refer to our Classic DPS Rogue gear and best in slot.
This Best in Slot list represents the best combination of gear obtainable within Ny'alotha, but due to the existence of Mythic+ dungeons and weekly caches, it is possible to obtain other competitive items as well. Because not everyone is a Mythic raider, PvP Gladiator, or clears Mythic+15 every week, this list is more of a guideline for the best pieces to keep an eye out from Ny'alotha, and we recommend using Raidbots to sim the items you actually have available to you in order to find your best combination of gear.
Gearing a Outlaw Rogue
This section will cover everything you need to know about equipping your character correctly.
If you have a new piece of gear that you need gems and enchants advice for, you can find everything you need on our dedicated page below.
The Importance of "Simming Yourself" as a Outlaw Rogue
With all the different layers of gearing that are currently available to players it pretty much impossible to cover all edge cases and individual recommendations in a guide. We therefore highly recommend simming your own character by using Raidbots. This website allows for highly specific and individualized recommendations that take into account your exact talents, gear, trinket and all the other layers of gearing that the game has to offer. Learning to use this tool is essential to maximizing your potential, as it is the only reliable way to get information on which piece of gear, enchant, gem or trinket is the best for your character.
What Gear Do I Farm/Bonus Roll/Chase After?
When identifying what gear you should be aiming after, we recommend using RaidBots' Droptimizer feature. It requires the SimulationCraft Addon. Once you have the addon installed, write "/simc" into the chat in-game, and copy-pasting the contents into the RaidBots Droptimizer.
Simply select the raid and difficulty you are interested in, and RaidBots will take a while to figure out where you should spend your bonus rolls, and more.
While we heavily recommend simming yourself, you can find some of our general simulations on the dedicated page below. Keep in mind that these results may not necessarily be applicable to your character.
Operation: Mechagon Gear
- Pocket-Sized Computation Device is a fairly potent trinket, when slotted with a Cyclotronic Blast red card. Yellow cards have random stats and as such simply depend on your current stat weights.
- Loop/Bit ring combinations from Operation: Mechagon do have extra damage components not on the item budgets, however, they need to both be equipped in order to activate. The combination of Logic Loop of Division and Overclocking Bit Band is the best possible combination.
Adding Sockets to Gear
Patch 8.3 added the Gouged Eye of N'Zoth as a reward from Corrupted Mementos, after you have finished the We Have the Technology achievement. Once finished, you should get a Gouged Eye about once every two weeks, assuming you are doing all of your Horrific Visions with 5 masks active. The best item to use it on would be a high item level item with BiS stats.
Which gems to use heavily depends on your current stat priority. As previously mentioned this priority can shift and change whenever you acquire new gear, so simming yourself to figure out the best use of your newly acquired socket is highly recommended. For general information on the stat priority for Outlaw Rogues you can take a look at our stat priority section of this guide.
Outlaw Rogue BiS Raiding Gear
The list below shows the best piece of gear for each individual slot that drops in Ny'alotha. It does not take into account any items from other sources. Furthermore, the below pieces are considered ideal for raiding, and not necessarily for doing dungeons or other types of content. This is mainly relevant in regards to your Azerite choices. For a more in depth explanation of what Azerite builds are viable in what situations we recommend looking at the Azerite page.
Dungeon Trinket List for Outlaw Rogue
Assuming equal item levels:
- Dead-Eye Spyglass
- Tiny Electromental in a Jar
- Kul Tiran Cannonball Runner
- Harlan's Loaded Dice
- Lustrous Golden Plumage
- 12 Oct. 2020: Page updated for the Shadowlands pre-patch.
- How to Quickly Reach Exalted with Gelkis and Magram Centaur Clans Under 1 Hour
- More Scourge Zombies Showing Up, But It's Still Not the Pre-patch Event
- Pure Class: Level 50 Without Choosing a Spec Gets Pretty Hard
- Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes: October 22nd
- The Madness Begins Anew: Exile's Reach Speedruns
- Addon Spotlight: Better Wardrobe and Transmog
- Most Popular Classes and Specs for Mythic+ in the Shadowlands Pre-Patch
- Ghostcrawler Talks WoW After 6 Years: Leveling, His Ret Pala, AoE and More