Outlaw Rogue DPS Gear and Best in Slot — Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items for your Outlaw Rogue in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth (BfA) 8.3.
With the existence of Titanforged and Mythic+ dungeons, there is no such thing as a hard Best in Slot anymore. This is more of a guideline for the best pieces to keep an eye out for in your raid or dungeon (if applicable). Be smart, and if you find higher item level pieces with valuable stat combinations do not hesitate to upgrade to them.
Outlaw Rogue BiS Raiding Gear
Diver's Folly's effect is incredibly potent in multi-target situations and can provide a large amount of added damage if it procs during your cooldown windows. It is always recommended to play at least one of these for Mythic+ or any fight that has multiple targets on a regular basis.
This weapon might still be worth using in your off-hand on multi-target fights, even at a much lower item level than the new weapons you can get in Patch 8.3 content.
Corruption is a new Patch 8.3 feature that replaces Warforging and Titanforging for all gear in the patch. Every dropped item has a chance to drop as a Corrupted version, providing a random Affix and a specific amount of Corruption. The more Corruption you have, the more you are negatively impacted by several Corrupted affixes. For more information, see our guide on Corrupted Items. Some Affixes are a lot more powerful than others, and you can see a guideline ranking for them below.
Best Corruptions for Outlaw Rogue
- Infinite Stars has incredibly high single-target potential, but it is possible for its stacks to be wasted in AoE scenarios, as they can go randomly out on AoE targets that may die quickly. Despite this, it is still the cookie cutter single-target/raiding Corruption.
- Echoing Void is a buff that can gain additional stacks as you hit your enemies. Your attacks can then trigger a "release" of these stacks, releasing at 1 stack per second, that deals a percentage of your maximum Health as damage to all targets around you. It is particularly useful in any kind of AoE situations, as well as in Mythic +.
- Twisted Appendage has a chance to spawn a tentacle that mindflays your target for single-target damage.
- Gushing Wound is a single-target randomly procced DoT, but highly efficient and a solid choice.
Corruption Weapon for Outlaw Rogue
Unguent Caress is the Ny'alotha Corruption Weapon for Outlaw Rogues. It comes with the Lash of the Void Corruption Affix, which has a chance to deal a large amount of Shadow damage to your main-target and slowing its movement speed by 30%. This Corruption Affix is not as strong as some of the others, in particular Infinite Stars and Echoing Void, and only about as good as Twisted Appendage. Based on the tuning of the Corruption Affixes, it might be beneficial to use other Corrupted items and non-Corrupted weapons instead.
Corruption Simulations for Outlaw Rogue
Single-Target DPS per Corruption Point
The top chart is more generally useful. Corruption is a resource that we want to minimize wherever we can, and the top chart provides you with an idea of which Corruption affixes provide the most DPS for the Corruption they add to your gear. The bottom chart is more of a showcase of the DPS potential of the Corruption Affixes themselves.
Single-Target Corruption DPS Overall
We do not recommend making choices based off of this chart. We recommend using the "DPS per Corruption Point" chart instead.
AoE DPS per Corruption Point
AoE Corruption DPS Overall
Tips for Dealing With Corruption Effects
- Sprint will counteract the effects of Grasping Tendrils slow.
- Blind and Crippling Poison can be used to slow down the Thing From Beyond, which is spawned by Grand Delusions.
- Cloak of Shadows and Feint can be utilized to negate some of the damage you might be taking from the negative Corruption Affixes. Keep in mind however, that you might need these abilities for boss-specific mechanics instead.
Operation: Mechagon Gear
- Pocket-Sized Computation Device is a fairly potent trinket, when slotted with a Cyclotronic Blast red card. Yellow cards have random stats and as such simply depend on your current stat weights.
- Loop/Bit ring combinations from Operation: Mechagon do have extra damage components not on the item budgets, however, they need to both be equipped in order to activat. The combination of Logic Loop of Division and Overclocking Bit Band is the best possible combination.
Cyclotronic Blast in particular can be very useful during progress, since it provides a powerful single target burst on a 2-minute cooldown.
Adding Sockets to Gear
Patch 8.3 added the Gouged Eye of N'Zoth as a reward from Corrupted Mementos, after you have finished the We Have the Technology achievement. Once finished, you should get a Gouged Eye about once every two weeks, assuming you are doing all of your Horrific Visions with 5 masks active. The best item to use it on would be a high itemlevel item with BiS stats and a good corruption.
Assuming equal item levels:
- Kul Tiran Cannonball Runner
- Dead-Eye Spyglass
- Tiny Electromental in a Jar
- Lustrous Golden Plumage
- Harlan's Loaded Dice
- 14 Jan. 2020: Page updated for Patch 8.3.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added section for Diver's Folly.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Added Eternal Palace gear list and a section on Operation: Mechagon.
- 24 Jun. 2019: This page has been reviewed for the release of Patch 8.2 and no changes are necessary.
- 16 Apr. 2019: This page has been reviewed for Crucible of Storms and no changes are necessary.
- 21 Jan. 2019: Updated for Season 2.
- 10 Dec. 2018: This page has been reviewed for Patch 8.1 and no changes are necessary (future raid gear lists will come closer to release).
- 07 Sep. 2018: Added raid gear.
- 30 Aug. 2018: Updated Azerite slots.
- 13 Aug. 2018: Updated for Battle for Azeroth launch.
- 22 Jul. 2018: Added new gear builds using T20. Re-update of Soul Ring.
- 20 Jul. 2018: Updated trinket list order, fixed Soul ring description.
- Mythic Jaina Reverted to Drop One Glacial Tidestorm
- Illidan, Ragnaros and Deathwing Recreated in Minecraft (Megabuilds)
- Two Mythic Mounts Now Drop Off Mythic Jaina and N'Zoth
- Spirit of Eche'ro Mount Quest Now Available on Live Servers
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 14th
- Patch 8.3 and Classic Hotfixes: February 13th
- Warsong Gulch Exit Portals to Be Removed
- MDI and AWC 2020 Plans and Changes Revealed
- Colossus Smash!?
- Protection Warrior 8.2
- Mage Leveling Guide
- Restoration Shaman 8.2
- Mistweaver Monk PvP 8.1.5
- Holy Paladin 8.2
- VuhDo: a Comprehensive Guide