Protection Warrior PvP Best Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, and Legendary Powers (Shadowlands / 9.1)
On this page, you will find information about which Covenant you should be unlocking. After choosing your Covenant, you will have to unlock your best Soulbind and collect Conduits. This page will outline which of these is the best, including the correct Soulbind path you should choose. Finally, we will tell you which Legendary Powers are the best to have for PvP and in which situations you should be swapping them.
This page is part of our Protection Warrior PvP Guide.
Best Covenant for Protection Warrior in PvP
For more information about what Covenants give you, please refer to our page about Covenant abilities page for Warriors.
The choice of your Covenant is important when it comes to PvP. However, you may have reason to pick another Covenant than the best one for PvP. It is important to note that regardless of what choice you make, all the Covenants are at least viable up to Gladiator rating. The difference in Covenant will, however, only become more apparent as you start to reach higher and higher rating.
The best Covenants for Protection Warrior are: Kyrian > Necrolord > Night Fae > Venthyr.
- Kyrian provides you with Spear of Bastion, which is an extremely powerful CC and damage option for Protection Warrior. The spear tether is inescapable, even with blinking effects such as Shimmer and Transcendence: Transfer. The only way to leave the spear is through knockback or Physical and magical immunities. This ability makes finishing off Monks, Druids, Mages, Hunters and other kiting classes a lot easier.
- Night Fae gives you Ancient Aftershock. This ability has a
very high attack power scaling, but generally does not benefit that greatly
from the burst damage as Arms Warrior or Fury Warrior would, because of a lack
- Soulshape is the signature ability and is very good for chasing down targets or escaping to safety.
- Venthyr gives the very popular Condemn ability,
which replaces Execute. This ability is straight up terrible for
Protection Warrior, as you want your Rage spent on other abilities, and
therefore you cannot be using it all on Condemn.
- You also get access to Door of Shadows, which is an okay ability for quickly repositioning, but is vulnerable to being interrupted. The disorient granted through Nadjia The Mistblade is reduced to 3 seconds in PvP, and is best used as a disruption tool rather than CCing the enemy healer.
- Necrolord grants you Conqueror's Banner. You gain a large
portion of Mastery, which is shared with two other teammates in your near
proximity, as well as being unable to be reduced below 100% movement speed.
Veteran's Repute gives you a large increase to Strength while the banner
is active, and is another reason why this covenant is very strong.
- The ability that follows with Necrolord is Fleshcraft, which is a rather powerful 40% max health shield that can be enhanced to grant CC immunity for the channeled duration plus more if fully channeled.
Best Soulbinds for Protection Warriors in PvP
Soulbinds are unlocked as you progress your character with a Covenant. Each Covenant features 3 Soulbinds that each have their own benefits and paths to follow. We recommend you take these Soulbinds and paths for each Covenant.
Pelagos Path for Kyrian
Niya for Night Fae
Nadjia the Mistblade for Venthyr
Emeni for Necrolord
Best Conduits for Protection Warriors in PvP
Conduits are passive buffs that you can use to fill empty slots in your Soulbind Trees. There are three types of Conduits: Potency, Endurance, and Finesse. Here are the best Conduits for each of those different types:
Best Potency Conduits for Protection Warriors in PvP
- Show of Force is Protection Warrior's only offensive Conduit and is what you should pick as Venthyr.
- Piercing Verdict should be run as Kyrian.
- Veteran's Repute should be run as Necrolord for the Strength increase.
- Destructive Reverberations should be run as Night Fae for the increased burst damage.
Best Endurance Conduits for Protection Warriors in PvP
- Stalwart Guardian reduces the cooldown of your primary defensive Shield Wall and is the go-to endurance Conduit.
- Brutal Vitality makes for a great secondary Conduit as you will likely have it on you at all times, provided you are not the main target.
Best Finesse Conduits for Protection Warriors in PvP
- Inspiring Presence increases the health granted and duration of Rallying Cry. This is a mandatory Conduit to pick, as it greatly increases the survivability of your team.
- Safeguard makes Intervene reduce the damage the target takes. If you are going for a second Finesse Conduit, you should pick this to give the target of your Intervene protection against spell damage and DoTs.
Best Legendaries for Protection Warriors in PvP
Legendaries have many different effects and some can alter how you should use some of your abilities. For more information on Legendaries, check out our general guide on them.
Here are the best Legendaries for an Protection Warrior:
- Unbreakable Will is the best Legendary for PvP Protection Warrior; giving your team 2 charges of 25% damage reduction is very strong and further helps you stall the game.
- Elysian Might is a strong Legendary for Kyrian Warriors, but can be hard to make the most out of because of your low burst damage. It is not bad, but there are better options.
- Misshapen Mirror lets you give Spell Reflection to the nearest ally. This is a good backup Legendary to have versus teams that rely on CC'ing your healer with magic. Examples are Hunters with Freezing Trap or spell cleaves with Polymorph and Cyclone.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Reviewed and approved for Patch 9.1.
- Monk Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Two In-Game Paintings Desexualized in Patch 9.1.5
- Demon Hunter Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- Legendary Scrapping in Patch 9.1.5: How to Destroy Legendaries into Materials
- Death Knight Class Changes (Patch 9.1.5 Build 40196)
- A Preview of All New Druid Travel Forms Coming in Patch 9.1.5
- New 9.1.5 Highmountain Tauren Customizations
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour