Prototype Pantheon Strategy Guide for Sepulcher of the First Ones
Ready Check Pull Video
Strategy Guide: Quick Version
In Phase One (War and Duty):
- Interrupt War's Gloom Bolt cast as much as possible.
- Quickly kill the adds that occasionally spawn around the room, in order to prevent their bad green pool from expanding too much ( Necrotic Ritual).
- When players get the Runecarver's Deathtouch debuff, they need to run into one of the blue barriers on the ground and get quickly dispelled. Otherwise it kills them and jumps to another player.
- When Duty flies into the air, run against the wind and dodge swirlies ( Pinning Volley). Break out anyone who gets pinned by a swirly.
- Tanks use big damage reduction abilities before getting hit by Humbling Strikes from Duty, and taunt swap after every cast. It does less raid damage based on how much damage reduction the tank used.
- Try to get the bosses to 50% health around the same time.
In Phase Two (Renewal and Absolution):
- Interrupt Renewal's Anima Bolt cast as much as possible.
- Healers heal the friendly seeds that spawn to full health. Getting them to full gives everyone a big healing buff, and letting them die does a ton of damage to the raid.
- When Absolution pulls the whole raid to him, run away from him and spread out to avoid the projectiles that shoot out from every player.
- Tanks face Absolution away from the raid and taunt swap after every Wracking Pain cast, which is a frontal that increases damage taken for a while.
- Try to get the bosses to 50% health at the same time.
In Phase Three (All Four Bosses):
- Every mechanic from Phase One and Two happens all together.
- On Heroic, kill all four bosses within 20 seconds of each other, or else they heal to full.
Strategy Guide: Full Guide
Prototype Pantheon is a pretty traditional council-style boss. You fight two of the bosses in Phase One, the other two bosses in Phase Two, and all four of them together in Phase Three. This is a crazy cleave fight, because you almost always have two stacked bosses to hit, and four stacked bosses in the last phase. Definitely save Bloodlust/ Heroism for the last phase, because it is by far the most difficult.
Phase One (War and Duty)
- Start by pulling War and Duty together for cleave damage. And get an interrupt rotation going on War's Gloom Bolt cast. It does damage and applies a massive healing absorb on a random player.
- Several Necrotic Ritualist adds occasionally spawn around the platform, which spawn a bad green pool in the middle of the room that slowly grows until they are all defeated ( Necrotic Ritual). Move the bosses to the closest add and have your melee cleave that one down while the ranged DPS split up to kill the other three adds.
- When players get the Runecarver's Deathtouch debuff, they need to run into different blue barriers on the ground that spawn when this debuff goes out. Healers quickly dispel each player once they are in a barrier, because this debuff kills anyone within 8 yards and jumps to another player if not dispelled inside one of the barriers. The barrier also reduces your damage and healing done by 100% when you are in it, so quick dispels are best.
- Duty occasionally flies into the air, spawns winds that push everyone away, and spawns swirlies on the ground ( Pinning Volley). Run against the winds while dodging the swirlies, and break out anyone who gets hit by a swirly. Stampeding Roars and Wind Rush Totems are really nice to use during these winds. The winds also do a ton of pulsing damage to the raid, so healers have to be ready to heal on the move.
- The current tank of Duty needs to use a big damage reduction cooldown before getting hit by her Humbling Strikes cast, and the tanks need to taunt swap after every cast. It does a ton of damage to the tank and radiates damage to the raid based on how much damage the tank took, so the more reduction the better.
- Try to keep the bosses around the same health and get them to 50% at the same time, because when either one of them gets to 50%, they both retreat and phase two starts. Getting them both as low as possible will help when they reappear in phase three.
Phase Two (Renewal and Absolution)
- Pull Renewal and Absolution together for cleave damage and get an interrupt rotation going on Renewal's Anima Bolt cast, which does heavy DoT damage to a random player.
- Keep the bosses away from the lines of blue animals that come streaming through the platform ( Wild Stampede), and avoid the blue tornadoes that spiral around the bosses ( Animastorm).
- Several friendly seeds occasionally spawn toward the middle of the room, which lose health quickly over time ( Withering Seeds). Healers need to prevent these seeds from dying, and ultimately get them to full health to get them to despawn. If a seed dies, it explodes on the raid and applies a huge DoT to everyone ( Withering Nova); but if a seed is healed to full, it heals the entire raid and gives everyone a stackable healing buff for a while ( Invigorating Bloom).
- Absolution puts a permanent DoT debuff on everyone when he is active, so the healing requirement for his phases is a bit higher ( Burden of Sin).
- Absolution also occasionally casts a super deadly combo of abilities. He pulls everyone in the raid to him and starts a short cast that explodes on the raid for fall off damage ( Hand of Destruction), and then also makes everyone in the raid shoot a cross pattern of projectiles from them when the explosion goes off ( Sinful Projection). Everyone needs to run away from the boss and spread out to avoid getting hit by any of the projectiles, because they apply an additional stack of Absolution's permanent DoT debuff to anyone they hit, and there is no way to remove the debuff.
- The tanks need to keep Absolution faced away from the raid, because he occasionally casts a frontal on his current target ( Wracking Pain). It does a lot of magic damage and increases damage taken for a while, so the tanks need to taunt swap after every cast as well.
- Try to get the bosses to 50% at the same time for the same reasons as Phase One.
Phase Three (All Four Bosses)
- All four bosses become active at the same time, so you stack them all up, use Bloodlust/ Heroism and try to deal with all of their abilities together. Remember there are two bosses to keep interrupted, two taunt swaps for the tanks to worry about, adds to kill, seeds to heal, dispels, and all kinds of stuff to dodge.
- On Heroic, make sure to kill all the bosses within 20 seconds of each other, or else they will heal back to full and it is basically a wipe.
We have encounter journal pages for each of the four difficulties, which you can access by clicking the links below.
- 28 Feb. 2022: Guide updated with advice from Ready Check Pull.
- 05 Jan. 2022: Guide added.
- Awesome Hard Mode 4 Ahn'Qiraj Season of Mastery World First Clear Video
- Anduin as the Lich King (AI-Generated Art Piece)
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Beta Invite Wave Went Out
- Patch 9.2.5 Hotfixes: June 24th - Class Tuning
- Upcoming Class Tuning: June 28th
- Will Dragonflight Release in November 2022?
- Dragonflight Pre-Order Pet Double the Size of the Player Character
- Naxxramas New Season of Mastery Features Teased